Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
I just hope his relationship with ten Hag will at least see him reluctant to mess us around. Of course, Barca have previous...

Womp

idiot
Wow, they must really be confident in their ability to collect the funds in alternative methods, as from my quick overview it seemed like it would be rough for them even with the CVC deal. I think Frenkie and some other players leaving is a given now.

I'm also not sure how players are going to feel about halving their paychecks when you've got players like Pique who are reportedly yet to even be paid

the_cliff

Not sure of the reliability of onzetv. But yeah I do think with the recent news that's come out regarding their financial situation this is looking likely.

EDIT:

Translation of the tweet.

the_cliff

Yeah Barcelona fans on twitter seem to think so.

Apparently the board aren't impressed with his performances. To be fair to Barca after watching Gavi tonight vs Portugal (along with Pedri) midfield is probably the only position they can afford to get rid off.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This reminds me of when Robben and Sneijder left Real Madrid for Bayern and Inter Milan.

caid

Yeah Barcelona fans on twitter seem to think so.

Apparently the board aren't impressed with his performances. To be fair to Barca after watching Gavi tonight vs Portugal (along with Pedri) midfield is probably the only position they can afford to get rid off.
Kessie and Busquets too. You can understand why they want to sell him.
Its kind of set up pretty perfectly for us to be honest. Bayern are stacked too, going to Real is probably unlikely? Liverpool and City dont have an obvious need for him, maybe Guardiola would be keen regardless. Chelsea have too many other positions that need attention more. Its basically us or PSG, with Pogba putting Juventus firmly out of the running.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
"It's about the money"
"Also, you're shite"

Ouch.

the_cliff

Kessie and Busquets too. You can understand why they want to sell him.
Its kind of set up pretty perfectly for us to be honest. Bayern are stacked too, going to Real is probably unlikely? Liverpool and City dont have an obvious need for him, maybe Guardiola would be keen regardless. Chelsea have too many other positions that need attention more. Its basically us or PSG, with Pogba putting Juventus firmly out of the running.
They're also struggling to renew Gavi's contract and if I'm not mistaken Kessie and Christensen are unable to be registered due to FFP.

If it means getting all 3 on long term contracts and registered it's worth getting rid of De Jong.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It didn't turn out too bad for those two, now did it!
Recent history has shown us that when a Dutchman reluctantly leaves one of the Spanish giants, he becomes even more determined to succeed.

'Hell hath no fury like a Dutchman scorned'

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This reminds me of when Robben and Sneijder left Real Madrid for Bayern and Inter Milan.
Robben was hard to take, i list him among the top prospects we missed out on. His goal knocking us out of the cl when we were favorites to win was also salt on the wound.

Last edited:

I Am Zlatan

I don’t see the problem with having to convince players to come here, especially since we will not be playing champions league football next season, also not to mention no trophies since 2017.. I don’t think we have as much pull currently as we did few seasons ago.. also just because di Maria did not workout, it’s mad to think every other player we have to convince will not workout, players have different traits, thought process, determination, etc..

I think it would be very good for us if we can pull this off (along with another midfielder).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Robben was hard to take, i list him among the top prospects we missed out on. His goal knocking us out of the cl when we were favorites to win cl was also salt on the wound.
We had Robben visit the club and everything seemed to be agreed with PSV until Peter Kenyon reportedly wrecked the deal.

tomaldinho1

"It's about the money"
"Also, you're shite"

Ouch.
Haha it’s such a change in tone.

‘We know you don’t want to go but seriously Frankie, Barca need money and you have to remember our motto ‘mes que un club’ we always put the club first. We love you Frankie, we won’t force you out but just think on it, yeah? No? Ok well, I didn’t want to say this but the board thinks your shit and whilst we’re being honest, I think your a chump’

daba

He's a player that works best playing in a double pivot that likes to bring the ball forward so he's NOT a DM. Other than Pogba who was erratic at best FDJ would be the link that's been missing for so long to connect defence with attack which would be just as important as signing a proper DM. Think of him as a more adventurous Carrick.
Said this earlier in the thread but he’s exactly what Maguire and co need to get the ball out from the back.

Get it done….

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We had Robben visit the club and everything seemed to be agreed with PSV until Peter Kenyon reportedly wrecked the deal.
And then left for Chelsea himself, the c...

caid

So has he actually been crap?
No but hes being shoehorned into a position further up the pitch and on 350k a week or something. The wage is just wildly out of sync with the rest of the squad at this point. Its a huge wage in general but especially for a dm. Especially when your not playing him in dm. Especially when you need to find 400m in the next month.
They need money and him and their keeper are probably the only players they can make money off before they have to start selling the likes of Pedri.
(im pulling numbers out of my ass, dont quote me on them)

Zetrio2002

Frenkie needs to leave Barca. It seems Barca doesn't want him and will not play him in a suitable position. And he does not command a consistent first team position in Barca.

Coming to Man United is his best choice.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is like the girl you like cheated on you and you are forced to break up with her even though you still love her but eventually he will find his true love. Erik ten Hag.

Pronewbie

Peep
De Jong is most certainly surplus to requirements at Barca, considering their financial situation.

Not as good as a 33yr old Busquets but hopefully good enough for us. I hope he isn't as defensively poor as Pogba was in the double pivot.

Status
Not open for further replies.