Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
You know it’s close when United fans are questioning his ability and why he would sign for us. Personally I know it’s close because I am in the “are we sure we want this guy” camp.

Why did city back out so quickly?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
You know it’s close when United fans are questioning his ability and why he would sign for us. Personally I know it’s close because I am in the “are we sure we want this guy” camp.

Probably the same reason they "backed out" of signing Maguire.

RuudTom83

When they both played in the same team, where did Donny play in relation to Frankie?

Red_Heisenberg

Probably the fact they have already have multiple midfielders who are all top tier players. Just because city have said no doesn't mean he isn't a suitable acquisition for us.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Not sure of the reliability of onzetv. But yeah I do think with the recent news that's come out regarding their financial situation this is looking likely.

EDIT:

Translation of the tweet.
Frenkie has to bend over take one for the team -- vaseline or not.

But Frenkie you will always be part of the Barca family.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Really weird transfer situation - hard to get an idea of how likely it really is. Would absolutely love us to sign him, but finding it difficult to imagine it actually happening. Hopefully we can get it done. My fear is that a PSG or Bayern will come knocking and it will be game over. If it is going to happen we need to do it quickly.

WPMUFC

they keep openly stating they are broke and they have to sell De Jong, any price above 50-60mill is a scam. Considering also how many players we may need, we've got to get a good price.

caleb2003

they keep openly stating they are broke and they have to sell De Jong, any price above 50-60mill is a scam. Considering also how many players we may need, we've got to get a good price.
They are a bizarre club, constantly telling everyone their money troubles and then flirting with expensive top end players and saying how they will keep people. Their should be a fire sale by now I guess they are exploring every avenue

Idxomer

Can't believe United fans questioning De Jong's ability after watching McTominay play 170 games in midfield the last few years.

Trequartistry

Can't believe United fans questioning De Jong's ability after watching McTominay play 170 games in midfield the last few years.
Don’t see how this is a good point, if we had Dan James does that mean we should go sign someone like Trossard because he’s better?

Idxomer

Don’t see how this is a good point, if we had Dan James does that mean we should go sign someone like Trossard because he’s better?
The point is after watching McTominay and Fred for that matter play all those games, it's clear how big an upgrade De Jong would be on both.

Trequartistry

The point is after watching McTominay and Fred for that matter play all those games, it's clear how big an upgrade De Jong would be on both.
so we’ve established that De Jong is better than Mctominay? Nice, but so are the million other midfielders out there who are just as good as frenkie if not better

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wouldn’t mind us signing neves if we can’t get FDJ… he’s premier league proven and won’t be as much of a risk as he’ll cost cheaper aswell. If we get FDJ I still think we’d need a DM to play next to him, where as neves could play the deep lying playmaker role, he’s be good at doing the dirty work as well as spraying forward passes to team mates. Also the Portuguese connection could help us play as a unit in the middle with neves, Fernandes and Ronaldo.

AndySmith1990

It's no wonder barca and Madrid are so successful when you look at how ruthless they are in getting rid of quality players whilst still improving the team overall. Wonder how long McTominay, Jones and Rashford would last at either club, and whether their fans would argue they need a million chances before getting rid

LoneStar

Why do the Barca board and some fans think he‘s not performed well? Other than the money I mean. How was his form last season? Also his wages are pretty high, aren’t they? Would be among the top paid players in the PL if he does end up coming in.

Kaushal

Mate, given the example you have provided yourself, I don’t think you can spot a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.