Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
He'd be smart to do that, £30m release clause if United don't make CL football next season. Really put them under pressure to spend
United would never accept that and rightfully so.

Still, HOLD THE LINE.

worldinmotion66

Obviously de Jong would improve us. But it's pretty clear that we need so much more than that. We need players that are willing to run and run even when they're playing poorly. We have too many cowards that just hide when the going gets tough. Malacia needs to play, we desperately need a new right back and another winger.

But most of all, I want to see garner and garnacho given a chance. We've been let down by the same players ad nauseam.

JuriM

Expected, but it's been said before how they tingled around that idea "Chelsea would pay it!".

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He'd be smart to do that, £30m release clause if United don't make CL football next season. Really put them under pressure to spend
This calibre of player is simply not coming here without escape routes by now, I think.

And we're so fecked, we wouldn't be able to say otherwise, as without a quick route out of our quicksand, we can forget about any player at that end of the market.

I don't know what the agent would stipulate, but it'd surely be fair value for any suitors capitalising on our failure to prevent the clause being activated.

Woziak

Why is there still a thread, why would FDJ join a championship club, close the thread move on, we’ve wasted all summer chasing a pipe dream.

Drifter

American
Why is there still a thread, why would FDJ join a championship club, close the thread move on, we’ve wasted all summer chasing a pipe dream.
They will be here till transfer final day and beyond

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Hope we get him but starting to really want us to sign a couple of defensive midfielders to protect our keeper and back four. Even Kante short term, just someone, anyone who can actually play that role and offer some form of protection.

Keep reading ETH doesn't play a dm but he is going to have to adapt in the short term to help cover up the weaknesses we have.

If FDJ joins us after the start we have made it will be a massive boost, will maybe help convince one or two others before the end of the month.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This was my fun thread because between the muppets and Barca's antics, I was really enjoying all the mess. After yesterday, not even my fave thread is cheering me up :(

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You all realise if he signs he'll come in and look clueless right?

People will be saying "but he was supposed to be the one who transformed us"

He'll be surrounded by players who can't play the manager's system so he'll look bad.

Acquire Me

This was my fun thread because between the muppets and Barca's antics, I was really enjoying all the mess. After yesterday, not even my fave thread is cheering me up :(
Still early days. It’s time to make this a whole lot better.

Fanta Stick

Obviously de Jong would improve us. But it's pretty clear that we need so much more than that. We need players that are willing to run and run even when they're playing poorly. We have too many cowards that just hide when the going gets tough. Malacia needs to play, we desperately need a new right back and another winger.

But most of all, I want to see garner and garnacho given a chance. We've been let down by the same players ad nauseam.
Shocked (not) to learn Brentford covered 14km more than us.

Longshanks

I am a bit concerned with this now. He is being signed to play as a single 6 isnt he? ( if he actually comes that is) I just don't see a world where he dosent get dominated physically as a single 6 he may be a technical wizard but after the last two weeks im thinking ETH is very naive to the Premier league and if we sign him he is going to throw FDJ to the wolves somewhat.

I really hope I'm wrong.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I am a bit concerned with this now. He is being signed to play as a single 6 isnt he? ( if he actually comes that is) I just don't see a world where he dosent get dominated physically as a single 6 he may be a technical wizard but after the last two weeks im thinking ETH is very naive to the Premier league and if we sign him he is going to throw FDJ to the wolves somewhat.

I really hope I'm wrong.
We'll play a FDJ/Rabiot midfield

Longshanks

We'll play a FDJ/Rabiot midfield
F.D.J at 6, Rabiot at 8 with martinez at CB and Malaicia at LB.

I hope we like getting bullied by mid table and relegation sides like yesterday then, because we will see alot of it if that's the case.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

I hope we like getting bullied by mid table and relegation sides like yesterday then, because we will see alot of it if that's the case.
Have you seen Rabiot play before? He doesn't really get bullied.

On paper a FDJ/Rabiot midfield could work very well with a lot of balance. Trouble is a lot of stuff that should work on paper doesn't work for us

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Since when was Rabiot physically weak?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Do you think we'll go into absolute panic mode now? I think United will offer to pay either half or most of the wages de Jong is owed

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Do you think we'll go into absolute panic mode now? I think United will offer to pay either half or most of the wages de Jong is owed
We'll pay all that's still left open, I'd assume. But I would expect us to do it in a way that isn't quite so out in the open. Something like signing fee to not make it obvious, while it's still totally transparent of course

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You know that meme from The Thick Of It "Oh, it's on...like Fat Pat's thong" ?

I thought of that and your user name popped into my head and you support Chelsea and the news coming out today suggesting FDJ was coming to Utd not Chelsea .

It seemed funny at the time...like a lot of my bits.
Sorry I made you explain that :lol: I’m sure it was a totally great joke in context, in the moment.

Thiagoal

We really just need to stump up all the cash that Barca want (including FDJ’s deferred wages). Make him captain and allow him to pick his midfield partner! Give him the freedom of Manchester as well if you have to!

Castia

Yeah I think we will. Can you imagine if he joins Chelsea this week? It can’t get much worse at the moment but that will be a massive setback.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Knowing United, we will pay at least some of that. And again never learn anything.
£17 million is feck all in the scheme of things. It won’t even buy you a semi decent right back. If that is what it takes to get ETH’s primary and transformative target then just pay the fecking money.

It’s not about learning. We’ve been negotiating with Barcelona for 3 months! If paying the £17 million is the difference between getting the player or not then we either pay it or walk away. There just isn’t enough time left in this window to keep negotiating.

Speako

If the gap is £17m then, although I completely disagree with the notion of paying it given the reason it’s there in the first place, now is not the time for measuring dicks. We have no leverage, non. Worse than we had over the last 10 years. So get it done, take it on the chin. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

We just need to work on ensuring this summer turned out the be the most desperate, the worst, the bottom of the well. And we began to climb out.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Have you seen Rabiot play before? He doesn't really get bullied.

On paper a FDJ/Rabiot midfield could work very well with a lot of balance. Trouble is a lot of stuff that should work on paper doesn't work for us

Unfortunately the paper United use is the kind you find in toilets…with big brown stains on it :(

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
United fans in 2032 : "We wouldn't keep on trying getting him if he didn't send very strong signals to Ten Hag (you remember, the manager that was fired in september of 2022 after 3 months) that he would come!!"

I really hope I'm wrong.
De Jong isn't a single 6 and never will be. Xavi is going to fail badly if the wants him to take Busquets role and any club who will try to do the same will be in for a huge disapointmeent.

Also, he played many games as a center back and was pretty successful, getting dominated physically isn't really the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.