Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
In my opinion, it's more to do with Van De Kraans first report were going to go back in for him this week for one last push and Sport who've completely ignored us as an option in all their reporting, now acknowledging we're in the mix. It ain't much, but it's certainly a narrative shift.
What? Is he going Millwall?!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
When we’ve paid up to 75% of players wages loaned out of the club in the recent past, which has given us no benefit whatsoever, paying some or all of FDJs 17m to get him on the pitch for us is imperative now and a small price to bump start our flat lining season.
Get it done and get him here.

Cypriot

Seems like the narrative is changing. Now he’s “important” if he stays. Last week he “didn’t have a place in the team”. It’s going to be an interesting end to the window and I don’t think in a good way for us.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Seems like the narrative is changing. Now he’s “important” if he stays. Last week he “didn’t have a place in the team”. It’s going to be an interesting end to the window and I don’t think in a good way for us.
The narrative is changing every 2 hours tbf.

ForeverRed1

F.D.J at 6, Rabiot at 8 with martinez at CB and Malaicia at LB.

I hope we like getting bullied by mid table and relegation sides like yesterday then, because we will see alot of it if that's the case.
rabiot is a beast physically, guy is massive and strong with it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Xavi is already under a lot of pressure because Busquets is burnt and FDJ was the best player for Barcelona yesterday while only playing a handful of minutes. I really don't see how they can sell him now especially with Nico on loan, I think theres 95% chances he stays at Barcelona because they need his profile real bad.

Cypriot

The narrative is changing every 2 hours tbf.
True to be fair. But this time it’s out of Xavi’s own mouth. Still says he doesn’t know if he will stay though which is promising for us.

As the player I would not feel good being messed around all summer only to be told “oh go on you can stay”

Joseunited

There were two contradicting tweets literally on top of each other but you chose to believe the one that said he might be staying.

iKnowNothing

Do you think we'll go into absolute panic mode now? I think United will offer to pay either half or most of the wages de Jong is owed
If anything, the past couple of games have meant that United will be forced to pay all the wages and then another sign on bonus if they want FdJ this summer.

Longshanks

United fans in 2032 : "We wouldn't keep on trying getting him if he didn't send very strong signals to Ten Hag (you remember, the manager that was fired in september of 2022 after 3 months) that he would come!!"

De Jong isn't a single 6 and never will be. Xavi is going to fail badly if the wants him to take Busquets role and any club who will try to do the same will be in for a huge disapointmeent.

Also, he played many games as a center back and was pretty successful, getting dominated physically isn't really the issue.
Not in the PL he hasn't.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's got to the stage where FDJ won't be enough. ETH probably won't last the season even if he lands him.

If we can sign him, Rabiot and a couple of others then fine. But if we can't, but could sign Rabiot, SMS/Neves/whoever for CM + 2 others, then that is the way to go.

We're skint though, who am I trying to kid. It's a hopeless situation.

croadyman

FDJ would only join us now if we could show him at least two other top notch signing to go straight into the team.

Otherwise why sign for 3 years+ for a club that at present looks more likely to be in a relegation battle than pushing for top 4.

Man Utd just doesn't have that sort of clout. Anyone we sign now will be at a massive premium that we cannot then shift.

For the Southampton game i would seriously look at a low block with Iqbal. Let's stop shipping goals.
So who can that realistically be after yesterday

croadyman

FDJ would only join us now if we could show him at least two other top notch signing to go straight into the team.

Otherwise why sign for 3 years+ for a club that at present looks more likely to be in a relegation battle than pushing for top 4.

Man Utd just doesn't have that sort of clout. Anyone we sign now will be at a massive premium that we cannot then shift.

For the Southampton game i would seriously look at a low block with Iqbal. Let's stop shipping goals.
Sorry to say we have another game first

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well it’s out of Xavi’s own mouth.

I imagine a lot of these sort of quotes is the fact they owe him 17m and it could well go to a tribunal.

Constructive dismissal is surely a thing in Spain and telling a player you owe 17m in wages that you’re going to help their career down the pan if they don’t play along isn’t generally accepted as correct employer behaviour.

croadyman

Hope we get him but starting to really want us to sign a couple of defensive midfielders to protect our keeper and back four. Even Kante short term, just someone, anyone who can actually play that role and offer some form of protection.

Keep reading ETH doesn't play a dm but he is going to have to adapt in the short term to help cover up the weaknesses we have.

If FDJ joins us after the start we have made it will be a massive boost, will maybe help convince one or two others before the end of the month.
Yeah that DM stance needs to change, also would take a miracle for him to come after such a disastrous start

Wezzaldo

Why is there still a thread, why would FDJ join a championship club, close the thread move on, we’ve wasted all summer chasing a pipe dream.
Jesus, posts like this from a full member and I’m sat here still gathering likes as a new member. Obviously the dramatics are a recent addition to your posting or you’d be sat here with me! :lol:

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Because it’s not up to him. It’s been Laporta and the board all along. Xavi doesn’t want a world class option gone - that’d be crazy.
If he stays, he will play. You’d be crazy not to.
Then it doesn't really matter what Xavi says, does it?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

If we cut the mistakes, the shipping will stop. Pretty much all of them were mistakes. I said pretty much because, the corner one is the only one I would argue against.

Thiagoal

Interestingly, the odds on him joining us are now virtually identical to him joining Chelsea or staying at Barcelona. All to play for here!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's got to the stage where FDJ won't be enough. ETH probably won't last the season even if he lands him.

If we can sign him, Rabiot and a couple of others then fine. But if we can't, but could sign Rabiot, SMS/Neves/whoever for CM + 2 others, then that is the way to go.

We're skint though, who am I trying to kid. It's a hopeless situation.
Plus a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.