Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbnZz

Nations League at the end of the season never again please. That is the hold up. Players are probably talking about their future but they all said the same in the media: 'I am focussed on the national team'. We'll see a lot of action when Nations League is finished at the 14th.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
There’s probably one credible journalist who got a sniff we were interested 3-4 weeks ago. Basically that Barca might want to sell and we might want to buy. Everyone else is just reiterating that daily, and those Utd Report aggregator accounts take a snippet from said article as post it as though it’s some kind of breaking new development.

There is next to nothing to see here.
This is such a massive stretch it’s unbelievable.
If he leaves Barca surely he will want to go to a champions league club. There are no guarantees that United will improve enough next year to make top 4 , big risk for him coming here. Typical United to chase him all summer then panic buy someone else last minute.
Relax!!! Transfer window isn’t even open yet

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Everyday its the same quotes by journalists and I’m sure the deal is not going to happen. We need to accept we don’t have the pull and move on to next target.
Well Allen7 is sure guys, lets pack up.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's a dreadful kit tbh. Looks like someone's cut out a piece of the Barca kit and ironed it on to a navy tshirt.
Looks like a Third Division kit. It's terrible af.

Josep Dowling

Why is what this guy says taken as gospel? His own Twitter tag says ‘pursuing sports journalism in London’. Suggests he’s a chump trying to make a name for himself, regardless of the number of followers he has.

DarkDog

Guys, first report was Barcelona want 80m eur, now it is 80-100, so what changed. nothing :D
If someone says to me that they want 25-30 mil that means that they want 25 mil. And probably they will sell for even less than that :D

TheDosser56

I thought Barcelona are skint and in a very very serious financial situation according to the media that's no laughing matter?! Yet there doesn't seem any urgency from this Barcelona board to resolve it :rolleyes:

Barcelona or the league need to be more forceful. Barcelona have a very sellable asset in De Jong that wouldn't even hurt them by losing because they have Gavi, Pedri etc they are stacked in that position. Plus it's not like he's smashing it at Barcelona either. His form is patchy at best. So United are "taking all the risk" by taking a punt on De Jong for about £70M which is a lot of money on a punt. There's no guarantee he will succeed in the Premier League with his slight frame.. look at Donny.

I don't get the hold up to give Ten Hag his first signing.. the United board got Ole a signing early in Dan James and United are coming off the worse season in living memory. You'd think the board would be desperate for some positivity a signing brings. Doesn't have to be De Jong just get another body in. Bring some positive vibes going.

This SHOULD be one of the easiest deals in history to do.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why is what this guy says taken as gospel? His own Twitter tag says ‘pursuing sports journalism in London’. Suggests he’s a chump trying to make a name for himself, regardless of the number of followers he has.
I think he just quotes other more known journalists, basically an aggregate account i reckon.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I have a nagging suspicion that this is one, I think he's agreed to come, we're just waiting for the window to open or clashing with barca over a few quid.

He would be essential for us, we could build a champions league wining midfield around him (assuming he steps up under ten hag and puts in the effort).

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

If Di Maria of all people to Barca ends up facilitating the De Jong transfer... :lol:
I think I've cracked his algorithm. Basically every time his family gets robbed, he moves to a new club in another league.

Seven Seas Sardines

Our supposed deadline is mid-June when internationals are over so the next seven days should be crucial.

However knowing us and Matt Judge we'll probably keep going past the deadline haggling over pittances before a rival comes in and nicks him.

Kaos

Our supposed deadline is mid-June when internationals are over so the next seven days should be crucial.

However knowing us and Matt Judge we'll probably keep going past the deadline haggling over pittances before a rival comes in and nicks him.
He's left hasn't he?

kthanksbye

Pep is just waiting for us to convince him and Barca that he should leave, when he decides to leave and Barca decide to sell him, City will step in and buy him.
You heard it here first.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Guys, first report was Barcelona want 80m eur, now it is 80-100, so what changed. nothing :D
If someone says to me that they want 25-30 mil that means that they want 25 mil. And probably they will sell for even less than that :D
Just offer them 50m if he wins the Bellend d' Or

Seven Seas Sardines

Pep is just waiting for us to convince him and Barca that he should leave, when he decides to leave and Barca decide to sell him, City will step in and buy him.
You heard it here first.
If that happens can you imagine the Manchester derbies? Erik will have McTominay put on Keane/Håland duty to kick Frenkie off the park.

Jonny Prescott

I doubt this will go through. However it is exciting to think we could end up with a mostly Dutch team that could glue together really well. With Matic, Mata and probably Pogba leaving, this would be a crucially important signing. Maybe if we got Bergwijn in who I know we have been linked with as well, then that would be very interesting to see happen in the coming days.

UnitedFire

High fives all round for saving less than £5m, then forgetting to do a post deal review and realising that not being in the Champions League cost us £50-100m!

We are regularly signing players too late with the impact on the season far outweighing any haggling saving. Most of the time im not even convinced we are making savings. Its more a case of oh go on then we'll pay 10% more, but spread 15% of the deal cost.

Teja

We're really scraping the bottom of that barrell now. Anything for that next dopamine hit I guess.

Brophs

The One and Only
Keep only those things that speak to the heart, and discard items that no longer spark joy.

Seems Frenkie is following the Marie Kondo method. Unfortunately for him, however, that also seems to be true of Barca.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Players are back 2 weeks earlier which on 20th June 2022 right? If that's the case then I expect him to be our player next week or I'm going to start losing hope.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Players are back 2 weeks earlier which on 20th June 2022 right? If that's the case then I expect him to be our player next week or I'm going to start losing hope.
Some of the players will be. I think to ones who played internationals recently have longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.