• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That makes no sense though. You don't miss out on a striker because you were chasing a midfielder. The comparables would be Tchouameni who had only Madrid in mind. Gravenberch who only wanted Bayern and then Tielemans and Neves who have both not moved yet.
Is it true Gravenberch only wanted Bayern?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Jumping on bandwagon to bash United. That tweet makes no sense at all. No players are being signed at the moment by anyone. So we should not pursue good players who have reservation in joining us?
We've been linked with Ekitike recently and he's close to Newcastle. We've apparently parked talks over Nunez to focus on FdJ/midfield first and he's potentially being snapped up by Liverpool. Then Spurs are trying for a couple of our apparent CB targets too.

This is probably what they're referring to, though none of those players have signed anywhere else yet.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It didn't feel like that when he kept saying Ole was safe, when 90% of fans wanted him gone, and he did survive longer :lol:

But I'm pretty sure Stone said similar stuff when we went in for Sancho the first time and he was right. We did leave it that summer as they were asking too much.
Simon Stone works for BBC so he will never say it's getting close unless it's almost done. That's how BBC work and keep their reputation of being "reliable". Stone's briefs will always be from the club's side and never from an agent. And until the club knows it's 100% done, they'll never brief him anything positive. So you'll find he's said similar stuff for nearly every successful transfer.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Simon Stone works for BBC so he will never say it's getting close unless it's almost done. That's how BBC work and keep their reputation of being "reliable". Stone's briefs will always be from the club's side and never from an agent. And until the club knows it's 100% done, they'll never brief him anything positive. So you'll find he's said similar stuff for nearly every successful transfer.
It has seemed to me in recent years that we've used him to trickle any negative news first though, prior to official confirmation and uproar from supporters. Especially when he just randomly makes such a throwaway comment like this that didn't need to be made if nothing has happened either way.

EDIT: Where has this comment actually come from? Can't see it on his twitter account.

SATA

When Simon Stone posts something like this, it means the deal is getting closer.
I can’t remember if he posted anything like this prior to the Maguire or Bruno transfer, but you have a point there. He’s pretty notorious for these sort of tweets

King7Eric

It has seemed to me in recent years that we've used him to trickle any negative news first though, prior to official confirmation and uproar from supporters. Especially when he just randomly makes such a throwaway comment like this that didn't need to be made if nothing has happened either way.

EDIT: Where has this comment actually come from? Can't see it on his twitter account.
Yeah just what I posted. Can't see it anywhere. Seems like these aggregator accounts have started making stuff up. Might be he said it on some podcast but then that's even worse as they don't mention the full statement or context.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

We never learn by mistakes.
It's not even to do with learning. Most sources say we've made a bid for him, but he prefers Liverpool. He wants CL football.

We can't get all our targets, especially now we aren't top of the food chain anymore. It's tough but that's life. Move onto the next.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I think we should ignore all these wannabes who are trying to spin sth without owning any valid piece of information about the transfer saga. Like, let's use our Twitter account and just write some meaningless opinions and spin it. What informational value does it hold? None. It's just that people are bored and want attention. Let's keep these attention-seekers out of our threads. They are meaningless.

Overall, I'm still certain that if FDJ joins, then it's great; if he doesn't then ETH has a plan b and we still fix the problem. So, calm down everyone and focus on doing sth more productive instead than worrying about the situation.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That has been the line since March/April.
It rather looks like Bayern were the first and only one to come for him as Ajax were failing to extend his contract or even offer him one. He has been keen on Ajax since then.

But I wonder if a club like United, Arsenal, Dortmund offered him a guaranteed role, what he'd say.

Abraxas

Not sure what some of you expect. It's always going to be a tricky deal. Xavi likes him, the player needs to be convinced to leave a club that is also of our stature, Barcelona are out to get every penny as they need it. Are we honestly expecting it to be wrapped up within days of the window opening? I think we need to take a deep breath, it's a massive transfer, we're not signing some lad from PSV.

The main thing is to have a plan and when it is clear it is unviable, that other targets are progressed.

DevilRed

He's also usually pretty negative in his assessments.

Until we up to the very last minutes before we sign a player.

croadyman

I thought Barcelona are skint and in a very very serious financial situation according to the media that's no laughing matter?! Yet there doesn't seem any urgency from this Barcelona board to resolve it :rolleyes:

Barcelona or the league need to be more forceful. Barcelona have a very sellable asset in De Jong that wouldn't even hurt them by losing because they have Gavi, Pedri etc they are stacked in that position. Plus it's not like he's smashing it at Barcelona either. His form is patchy at best. So United are "taking all the risk" by taking a punt on De Jong for about £70M which is a lot of money on a punt. There's no guarantee he will succeed in the Premier League with his slight frame.. look at Donny.

I don't get the hold up to give Ten Hag his first signing.. the United board got Ole a signing early in Dan James and United are coming off the worse season in living memory. You'd think the board would be desperate for some positivity a signing brings. Doesn't have to be De Jong just get another body in. Bring some positive vibes going.

This SHOULD be one of the easiest deals in history to do.
Not really when he doesn't want to leave Barca, also we are unable to offer Champions League football either

Pearl.Jam

So one minute they’re in crippling debt and unable to buy anyone and apparently unsure of their existence..
Now everything is fine and dandy and nothing to see here !
Not fishy at all

Woodzy

In a world with City and PSG, Barcelona somehow consistently manage to look almost as shady.

diarm

Could one of those economic deals not be selling De Jong?

RuudTom83

The media would love us all to think clubs, agents and players are constantly meetings 20 times a day to discuss transfers.

But the reality is probably as boring as United contacting Barca once to ask if Frankie was available.

The constantly posts of “United should move on” like all of the management staff is parked outside Barca head office waiting for a reply is just as laughable.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Could one of those economic deals not be selling De Jong?
He deserves to be shot if if he says “we will launch economic deals” and it turns out he means selling one of their best players!

unplayable

Apparently we have offered €60m fixed + €20m add ons.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think one of the add ons should be a quid for every 180/360 turn de Jong does. Barcelona will be Scrooge McDucking in no time!

Status
Not open for further replies.