Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
I can’t embed Media yet but basically telling Barca to charge us €112 million for him. Trying to hit us in our pocket
That’s not what he was referring to at all.

He was referring to the recent CIES valuations that had Frenkie at $112m, which was a big story in the Netherlands.

crossy1686

career ending
Hope they know what they're doing. That's most of our budget and all we've done is allegedly agreed terms to sign a player that doesn't really fill any of the gaping holes in our midfield.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's a terrible, terrible take. Agents talk to many clubs all the time and sometimes the player doesn't even know about the content of said talks (if they even know they're occuring). Its their job to be ready for anything that could happen and to line up as many offers as they can for their players.
It's not a terrible take at all if you understand the context. He's obviously been asked numerous questions by fans about de Jong's desire to join United, and his response is pretty self explanatory with Erik ten Hag the head coach of United.

That doesn't mean other clubs won't be trying to sign him. But I do believe Erik ten Hag will be the decisive factor for the player.

Blood Mage

Hope they know what they're doing. That's most of our budget and all we've done is allegedly agreed terms to sign a player that doesn't really fill any of the gaping holes in our midfield.
He would fill a gaping hole in our midfield. We've not had a proper playmaker in there since Carrick.

AndySmith1990

Um, our entire midfield is a gaping hole

dal

Fred, FDJ, Bruno would be quite nice actually as long as Bruno plays like before the ronaldo arrival.

We desperately need wide man in addition to sancho now rashford is crap and Greenwood is gone?

Oh and a striker and a centre back:wenger:.

Not to mention another midfielder and a right back.:wenger:

Rolaholic

What?

We haven't had someone like him in midfield since Prime Carrick :confused::confused:

A proper deep lying playmaker in the team would make life a lot easier

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He absolutely fills a much needed hole in our team.

Judas

Open to offers
I just...what? How do we not obviously need a player like him? What Utd midfield have you been watching recently?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
?

Longshanks

Oh it can go wrong, don't you worry about that.

The language of transfer news gets more ridiculous each year dosent it? Preparing a bid, exploring the possibility of a bid, preparing to prepare a bid, Transfer Activated!? Like its some sort or special weapon in a call of duty game.

DSG

Wouldn't this be the exact role he would play though?

If we're aiming for a De Jong to build play, someone else solid alongside him that is good defensively which we've seen a few links to, there's a space for a pressing third midfielder.

The problem with Fred is we've always had to spread him quite thin as everybody else has been poor and unreliable in all areas of midfield play. If he gets a suitable role next season I'd be confident he could play well, or at least he'd have no excuse.
Depends… If compelled to play Bruno along side Fred, with De Jong as the deep lying playmaker in a 4-3-3, I don’t like it as much. Bruno is a classic 10, either a 2nd striker or behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. With a Chelsea-type configuration (Jorginho as the DLP with the two attack dogs of Kovacic and Kante), I suppose you could put McT there, but… Best to find a stay at home DM who can pass as well.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Oh it can go wrong, don't you worry about that.

The language of transfer news gets more ridiculous each year dosent it? Preparing a bid, exploring the possibility of a bid, preparing to prepare a bid, Transfer Activated!? Like its some sort or special weapon in a call of duty game.
It’s what clever journalists do to make you think they have any idea what’s going on.

Suedesi

The point is that he couldn't leave due to a long contract, which he signed without Spurs needing to offer the ridiculous wages that United routinely shell out for players of less ability and then find that they can't sell players afterwards because no-one else will pay what United are giving them.
Yeah thanks Capt'n Obv's - Ed Woodward's legacy

NewYorkRed

Fred, FDJ, Bruno would be quite nice actually as long as Bruno plays like before the ronaldo arrival.

We desperately need wide man in addition to sancho now rashford is crap and Greenwood is gone?

Oh and a striker and a centre back:wenger:.

Not to mention another midfielder and a right back.:wenger:
If we get FDJ (still not fully convinced it’ll happen), I think it will be FDJ, Fred (or new cm) and Donny. Bruno off the left.

I Am Zlatan

Is this actually happening or are we all excited because of lack of transfers/news and Darwin’s news today?

ForeverRed1

We need a player that gets the ball in midfield and releases it forward with some creativity. Admittedly they need to bring in a quality dm to sit in behind him for it to work. I’m sure ETH is looking at that though, he 100% knows this player and how to work him the best way in his system. If he is so dead set on getting him, it’s because he trusts the player. If FDJ comes it’s because we have ETH.

WPMUFC

Funny how we get a negative Simon stone update and then Spain explodes with "deal about to happen". It's almost as if we put in bids and then tell him something negative to hedge our bets but then give him first dibs on the story as it unfolds.

I expect this to happen now, fantastic for ETH!!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Think Fred would be a good partner for him actually.
Watching teams walk through our midfield has me doubting this massively, I just don’t think Fred is a genuine DM...but I’m open to seeing if he can improve in an actual system.

Blood Mage

He didn't have a proper DM next to him at Ajax did he? He had Schone who is a box-to-box player. So Fred next to him could work.

WPMUFC

Romero is out there claiming an agent has confirmed the deal, that's pretty fecking huge to report. I wonder if we are waiting for internationals to finish to announce? In case he gets injured :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.