Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

I honestly don’t care about any big signings at all this summer. I simply lost all my faith on our players after last season shite show. I hope we could get some cheap “money ball” type of signings who are “more fit” to play the way ETH wants.
This is my view as well. Get some mid-range grafters who will work hard and play the kind of game ETH is after. The flashy signings should come in once we've got a bit of stability and rigidity in the squad.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This is my view as well. Get some mid-range grafters who will work hard and play the kind of game ETH is after. The flashy signings should come in once we've got a bit of stability and rigidity in the squad.
Would make a change from grifters

largelyworried

You are telling me if we pay the maximum of what Barcelona is asking right now(80M), we wont have any money left to buy a SINGLE first choice player in any other positions? If so, we are fecked anyway :lol:
What? It was just a generic example of how budgeting works and why ringfencing can have negative consequences.

ForeverRed1

What would Eriksen be worth if he was on a 4 year contract somewhere? If they pay 75mil for frenkie ang get Eriksen on a free.. is that bad business?

davidmichael

What would Eriksen be worth if he was on a 4 year contract somewhere? If they pay 75mil for frenkie ang get Eriksen on a free.. is that bad business?
If Barca weren’t in such a dire financial position then that’s great business BUT Barca ARE in a dire financial position and just sold a £130 million player in Coutinho for £17 million so why would or should we pay £75 million for De Jong when they paid less and much like Coutinho hasn’t worked out for them how they hoped ?

I think €70 million (£60.2 million) plus €20 million (£17 million) in realistic add ons is a very fair price considering Barca are a week and a half away from financial meltdown and no one is coming in for Neto, Dest, Lenglet, Umtiti, Puig, Roberto, Depay, Braithwaite or Luuk De Jong and can’t register Christensen or Kessie let alone sign Azpilecueta or Lewandowski.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Anyone else miss the title updates like in previous transfer windows? Any other year and @Jaae would've been up there!

SATA

To be fair to Arnold, he didn’t flat out said there is 200M to spend did he? I didn’t exactly hear any of that in the clip. It was probably just a blatant lie by the fan who posted it for attention seeking

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be fair to Arnold, he didn’t flat out said there is 200M to spend did he? I didn’t exactly hear any of that in the clip. It was probably just a blatant lie by the fan who posted it for attention seeking
No you're right, he didn't.
He just said the money is there

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Anyone trying to dig Arnold out for any of his comments are just grasping at anything. He said nothing wrong.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
If Barca weren’t in such a dire financial position then that’s great business BUT Barca ARE in a dire financial position and just sold a £130 million player in Coutinho for £17 million so why would or should we pay £75 million for De Jong when they paid less and much like Coutinho hasn’t worked out for them how they hoped ?

I think €70 million (£60.2 million) plus €20 million (£17 million) in realistic add ons is a very fair price considering Barca are a week and a half away from financial meltdown and no one is coming in for Neto, Dest, Lenglet, Umtiti, Puig, Roberto, Depay, Braithwaite or Luuk De Jong and can’t register Christensen or Kessie let alone sign Azpilecueta or Lewandowski.
If Barça weren't in a bad financial situation FDJ wouldn't leave for 100M. If you have a chance is only because of that. Anyway, Barça DOES NOT NEED to sell. It would obviously help with the situation but it is not a life or death problem.

Barça issues are MAINLY with LaLiga FFP and it should be fixed in a few weeks (Laporta got the approval from shareholders for some actions last week).

I wouldn't sell FDJ for 70 + 20 unless those 20 were literally something like United is not relegated next year.

PD: comparing Coutinho/DeJong performances at Barça is laughable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
No he didn't. He gave figures as examples, and said that we have money to spend. The £200m figure comes from a tweet from one of the guys that met with him, though he never posted proof that he said we have £200m and seemed to make a few things up/exaggerate Arnolds words quite a bit for clout on Twitter.

cyberman

Walk away and don’t come back unless they’re willing to lower their expectations. I mean, they’re all set to solve their money worries so I’m sure they’ll be fine..

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If you are leading the selling team, you will want to hear what you want to hear -- will re-enforce your views that United has a shitload of $$.

Xaviboy

I think it was one of the fans in that video during it when Arnold was talking, mentions 200 million. So wasn't Arnold that mentions that figure.

Zed 101

I have to admit I have not seen that much of De Jong, I find La Liga dull as dishwater and especially 90% possession Barcelona..... so have watched the obligatory YT clips, am I wrong to be underwhelmed by the prospect of this signing at this price?

I mean he looks fast and has good close control, but week in week out will he have so much freedom in the Prem? I mean if he was playing against our midfield and defence, yeah he would but most other teams will sit somebody on him and nullify his threat.

Moreover not sure I see what he offers over what we have particularly, ok yeah he is an upgrade on McT and Fred, but when we have been crying out for a DM since before SAF left I am not sure I see the value in shooting our biggest wad on this guy.... if he arrives I am not going to be a negative Nancy but it seems more like a signing the Utd of old would make rather than the Utd we were hoping to see.

bosskeano

I love one of the headlines i saw this morning where Barcelona are blaming LaLiga and the FFP rules for how much they are asking for Frenkie

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

It really was a simpler time. But I do enjoy the madness of silly season. It's just entertaining for the most part, a good life distraction. It's the people who take it too seriously and start fuming in June I feel a bit sorry for.
I couldn't agree more. I love the speculation as much as anyone but I'm putting way too much stock in random Twitter accounts :lol:

TheDosser56

Barcelona know we have 200M smackers in a duffel bag ready to save them because of Arnold's bragging. They will rinse the club out of every euro even 100M. They know Manchester United is obsessed with De JONg and there's no alternative. Barcelona hold the power.

any top club would have a back-up plan and a deadlines. That would disarm Barcelona instantly

Last edited:

ATXRedDevil

Barcelona know we have 200M smackers in a duffel bag because of Arnold's bragging. They will rinse the club out of every euro even 100M. They know Manchester United is obsessed with De JONg and there's no alternative. Barcelona hold the power.

any top club would have a back-up plan and a deadline
No, they don't, because Arnold didn't actually say that....

romufc

Barcelona know we have 200M smackers in a duffel bag because of Arnold's bragging. They will rinse the club out of every euro even 100M. They know Manchester United is obsessed with De JONg and there's no alternative. Barcelona hold the power.

any top club would have a back-up plan and a deadline
Clearly you don't know whats going on?

Where did Arnold specifically say we had 200m? He said United dont have a set budget, stop making things up. He said we will back the manager, 120, 150, 200.

Secondly, he also said we are backing the manager, multiple reports have come out saying Frenkie is 1,2,3 options for Ten Hag. He is the player ETH wants.

Finally, the deal is being held up from Barca, they need to sort their side out before they can do the deal due to how La Liga operate in terms of % of income that can be spent on players.

TheGame

Barcelona know we have 200M smackers in a duffel bag ready to save them because of Arnold's bragging. They will rinse the club out of every euro even 100M. They know Manchester United is obsessed with De JONg and there's no alternative. Barcelona hold the power.

any top club would have a back-up plan and a deadlines. That would disarm Barcelona instantly
Not sure you quite know what’s going on….

Status
Not open for further replies.