Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatPack

Fierce stench of the Summer of Moyes and Fellaini so far off this transfer window...

It was Moyes chasing Cesc (Barca) at the time and him saying nah I'm staying... to end up with Felliani.

Who's the modern day equivalent of Fellaini? Cause we'll probably end up with him.
I was actually thinking the same thing.
And wonder what will happen if Busquets gets a serious injury in start-up.

worldinmotion66

I think the reason people are getting frustrated is because we have so much rebuilding to do in a short time, and we’ve seen very strong Liverpool and City teams strengthen further. It’s understandable that people are worried. The only positive thing is we have achievable targets.
I'd argue that Liverpool have been weakened, and not renewing Salah's contract weakens them further still.

AndySmith1990

They just dont want to lose their "faces" in front of rival fans. These are basically fans who revel in the club's success rather than the club itself.
Stuff like this makes no sense. If what you say were true they wouldn't be following United, as we've had next to no success for almost a decade. Fact is people are just fed up of the club being run poorly and want to see things improve. Made up generalisations thrown around with the intent of belittling others, as you and the guy you quoted have done, serves no constructive purpose other than to feel better about yourselves.

Those who moan about other posters constantly are more annoying than the people who moan about United; at least the latter are on topic and show some passion towards the club

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The incometh meltdown, when United walk away from FDJ, unwilling to pay the extra £10m to get the deal done, on the same day we pay the Glazers £11m in dividends.
Nothing historical to suggest this'll happen

James35

Stuff like this makes no sense. If what you say were true they wouldn't be following United, as we've had next to no success for almost a decade. Fact is people are just fed up of the club being run poorly and want to see things improve. Made up generalisations thrown around with the intent of belittling others, as you and the guy you quoted have done, serves no constructive purpose other than to feel better about yourselves.

Those who moan about other posters constantly are more annoying than the people who moan about United; at least the latter are on topic and show some passion towards the club
Well said.

OpenIntrovert

Its like a ego problem, you support the club due to its success, but you also cannot go away from the club as it makes you look like a traitor. These are the fans that we are seeing most of the time.

Like I have said in some other threads, there is nothing wrong with frustration but if the only way you become happy is through complete domination and instant changes, then you are no longer a "fan". I still remember that most of these fans refused to see the improvement during the 19/20 and 20/21 season and always came with the "havent win a trophy" argument. They were the first to criticise if we had any sort of negative result and the first to disappear if we had a positive result.

redcucumber

Why are some people telling other fans who genuine love this club to calm down constantly?! :rolleyes::mad: to many fans supporting this club is a religion (Manchester above family in that order).. Let fans criticise the club, our lack of transfer activity and have some self-loathing feeling sorry for ourselves it might force the club to throw money at Portuguese Maestro Ruben Neves for example instead of dragging this De Jong transfer for months which NOBODY wants (apart from some fans here who seem to want the club to fail) when they club needs "bodies in" ... Fans are very very unhappy right now It's very toxic right now and fans need an outlet to vent.
Speak for yourself. I'd much rather get De Jong on August 31st than the 'Portuguese Maestro' Ruben Neves today.

Also, I'm really sick of hearing from some of the bedwetters how they should be allowed to moan because they love the club so much, therefore saying that anyone who doesn't moan loves the club less. It's juvenile stuff and embarrassing.

Keefy18

Its like a ego problem, you support the club due to its success, but you also cannot go away from the club as it makes you look like a traitor. These are the fans that we are seeing most of the time.

Like I have said in some other threads, there is nothing wrong with frustration but if the only way you become happy is through complete domination and instant changes, then you are no longer a "fan". I still remember that most of these fans refused to see the improvement during the 19/20 and 20/21 season and always came with the "havent win a trophy" argument. They were the first to criticise if we had any sort of negative result and the first to disappear if we had a positive result.
What success?

1 league title in 10 years
1 FA Cup
1 Europa
1 League Cup

No trophy in 5 years.

Anyone still sticking by the club certainly can't be accused of glory hunting.

GreatDane

Why are some people telling other fans who genuine love this club to calm down constantly?! :rolleyes::mad: to many fans supporting this club is a religion (Manchester above family in that order).. Let fans criticise the club, our lack of transfer activity and have some self-loathing feeling sorry for ourselves it might force the club to throw money at Portuguese Maestro Ruben Neves for example instead of dragging this De Jong transfer for months which NOBODY wants (apart from some fans here who seem to want the club to fail) when they club needs "bodies in" ... Fans are very very unhappy right now It's very toxic right now and fans need an outlet to vent.
For one thing, it's incredible boring to read the same moans over and over.
I want progress and signings as the next bloke, but it'll happen when it happens and no tedious moaning boring post will change that.
Complain to your mate at the pub, don't force me to read the drivel.

OpenIntrovert

What success?

1 FA Cup
1 Europa
1 League Cup

No trophy in 5 years.

These are the fans who supported the club starting from the late era of SAF, when the club was still quite successful. Like i said in the first paragraph, it is a ego issue.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
What success?

1 FA Cup
1 Europa
1 League Cup

No trophy in 5 years.

You do realise that list you’re using as a woe is me it’s so tough supporting United is more success than 95% of clubs will achieve in their history? I swear fans of lower league clubs must break down in laughter at reading some of the stuff that gets posted online.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So if we got him now will he be ready for pre season or he's gonna chill out at an island like what Sancho did?

RedDevilRoshi

If we are in the same state as we are in 5 weeks time then I’d be extremely worried.

Even if this one drags then I hope other deals for the likes of Antony, Eriksen & a new CB (don’t know who since it probably isn’t Timber now) don’t get delayed because of this.

Long Time Red

I think the club have got this one right and are correct to play hardball with Barca.

As he played in the recent internationals I don't think he'd be due back for pre-season until 10th July or something like that so we still have almost 3 weeks to get this deal done.

Keefy18

You do realise that list you’re using as a woe is me it’s so tough supporting United is more success than 95% of clubs will achieve in their history? I swear fans of lower league clubs must break down in laughter at reading some of the stuff that gets posted online.
You do realize we've advantages over probably 95% of most clubs in terms of facilities, revenue etc etc. Most clubs can only dream of having our set up.

For the level of spend, quality of player that we've invested in we've been nothing short of an absolute embarrassment.

I appreciate there is no quick and easy fix, but to tag us as a successful club in recent history is factually untrue in comparison to those that actually are.

These are the fans who supported the club starting from the late era of SAF, when the club was still quite successful. Like i said in the first paragraph, it is a ego issue.
It's not an ego issue at all, a club spending 1b on players with our resources at the club should be winning more consistently.

I think only 3 or possibly 4 clubs have outspent us in the post Fergie years and all of them have won considerably more (City, PSG, Real and Barca).

TheDosser56

I think the club have got this one right and are correct to play hardball with Barca.

As he played in the recent internationals I don't think he'd be due back for pre-season until 10th July or something like that so we still have almost 3 weeks to get this deal done.
10th of July is 2 weeks on Sunday actually which is 2 days away, so 16 days. But that's not true as the team starts training again on Monday and the internationals 1 week on Monday which is 10 days roughly before Frenkie De Jong should be training with Manchester United if he's going to be part of the Pre-Season Tour to Asia.

Manchester United first pre-season match is on the 12th which is 2 weeks on Tuesday against Liverpool in Asia. You'd imagine they'd fly out a few days before to Asia due to jet lag etc.

There IS a deadline. Working through the day and night is needed.

Last edited:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There IS a deadline. Working through the day and night is needed.
What work?
Us: Will you take £50 million?
Barca: No
Us: £50 million and 1p?
Barca: No.
Us: 2p?

(repeat for 3 weeks)

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
What work?
Us: Will you take £50 million?
Us: £50 million and 1p?
Barca: No.
Us: 2p?

(repeat for 3 weeks)
Maybe more like

United: Will you take £50 million?
United: €55m then?
Barca: Hijo de puta, €80m it is.
United: We'll get back to you.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I no longer have much confidence that De Jong will be joining United this (if any) summer. All feels very much like the first time United went in for Sancho, didn't like the price and ended up just signing Van de Beek and whoever we could on deadline day.

Barcelona has a valuation, we have a need. We think Barcelona will come down, if they don't we have a call to make.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
You didn't answer my question. WHy do clubs not announce 2/3 signings when the window opens to register players? Why do 90% of clubs wait till the window to negotiate?
Because most clubs don't know they've loads of players that will be gone?

Meanwhile our top 4 rivals have all confirmed deals while we're stuck on the first one. Doesn't take a genuis to know which clubs are better ran.

If there was ever a summer for us to make a statement, this was it. But right now it's the same shit with different people as per usual under the Glazers.

romufc

Meanwhile our top 4 rivals have all confirmed deals while we're stuck on the first one. Doesn't take a genuis to know which clubs are better ran.

If there was ever a summer for us to make a statement, this was it. But right now it's the same shit with different people as per usual under the Glazers.
But if all clubs do their transfer work outside the season and the window is for registering only, why wouldn't they know what players would be gone? Surely they would.

Really? What deal has Chelsea done?
Arsenal have signed a backup to Odegard
West Ham have signed a ST

yep all the clubs are so much better run than us.

poleglass red

Fierce stench of the Summer of Moyes and Fellaini so far off this transfer window...

It was Moyes chasing Cesc (Barca) at the time and him saying nah I'm staying... to end up with Felliani.

Who's the modern day equivalent of Fellaini? Cause we'll probably end up with him.
Pogba, although not as good as Fellaini with his chest....

mctrials23

So you would be happier if we lost one of our best players and replaced them with a very expensive guy from the Portuguese league - Liverpool
Or would you be happier if we bought a few players that no one really cares about - Arsenal
Or would you prefer to have lost 3 out of your 4 defensive starters and you striker you just paid £100m for last season with no incomings yet - Chelsea
Maybe you would give your left leg to have brought in a 33 year old winger and a DM with a sexual assault charge still looming - Tottenham

Christ on a bike. You would think that the teams around us have signed peak Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Mbappe for 50p each.

The only team that has so far done really well is City and thats because they are at the peak of football currently and have almost certainly done some dodgy under the table dealings to get Haaland.

Getting annoyed won't make any transfers go any faster and the more you get annoyed, the less you will actually enjoy supporting the team.

I would wager there is a direct correlation between the people whinging about no transfer and those that will whinge that we haven't got the right transfers.

redIndianDevil

He has been successful also without FDJ, but there's no denying that his highest peak in his managerial career so far had FDJ at the heart of it.
Any good coach doesn't depend on a single player for success. Did Guardiola demand signing his Barcelona midfield after he left Barcelona? Did Klopp demand his Dortmund team at Liverpool? Does Conte demand his Juventus midfield or his Chelsea midfield after he left those respective clubs? Of course these coaches demand signing players of similar profile but they were not indulged with specific demands at any of their clubs.

My point is why are we always showing ourselves as so desperate every transfer window. What's the harm in looking at alternate targets?

UncleBob

Any good coach doesn't depend on a single player for success. Did Guardiola demand signing his Barcelona midfield after he left Barcelona? Did Klopp demand his Dortmund team at Liverpool? Does Conte demand his Juventus midfield or his Chelsea midfield after he left those respective clubs? Of course these coaches demand signing players of similar profile but they were not indulged with specific demands at any of their clubs.

My point is why are we always showing ourselves as so desperate every transfer window. What's the harm in looking at alternate targets?
What makes you pretend we aren't?

Stadjer

Who would be that alternative? Verrati, Kimich or Thiago arent coming and the other comparable players/same position are significantly less good. It is also an unique chance to sign a player of Frenkie de Jong his quality because usually those arent really available.

Suv666

I dont have a problem with this dragging on. Its a good thing we are negotiating the price down.
But all other deals being put on hold is ridiculous (if its true, which so far seems to be the case)
What about the outgoings as well? There seems to be no offers for Baily, Jones, AWB etc surely we can be more proactive in looking for suitors instead of just waiting for someone to approach us.

Status
Not open for further replies.