Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
really? he dribbled past people for fun, he just can’t do a lot more than that.

Should have been an NFL running back
I completely agree, I guess I just wonder when a dribble becomes successful (or not). It’s a bit of a grey area so quite possibly beating your man (which he is absurdly good at) is regarded as successful whatever comes next.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Dembélé and Griezmann were largely financed by Neymar. Their issues start around Guardiola's last year, Barcelona were alreay paying large wages to their starters and had a policy of few top level contracts and lots of youth and Barcelona B players completing the team but around 2011-2012, they started to distance themselves from that and added more and more expensive squad players. A team that already had Thiago, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta added an expensive Fabregas, they replaced a cheap Bojan with Alexis Sanchez. The following season they added to their already expensive team, Neymar on a crazy deal that led Rossell to prison, they then got Bojan back for more than they received(he was later sold for a loss). A few years later they bring Suarez, Rakitic and Ter Stegen, now these players are very good but they came with Mathieu, Vermaelen and Bravo, all of these players had big contracts and half of them were not useful and simply cost Barcelona money. The following season they brought Turan and Aleix Vidal both useless and both costing big in wages, the following season was even worse in terms of transfers Umtiti was the only good player but his injuries ultimately turned him into a financial blackhole, the other players were Andre Gomes, Alcacer, Digne and Cillesen.

And that trend just continues, they keep spending where they shouldn't, give contracts that are unmovable, they owe departing players money and keep adding to their expenses. The issue for Barcelona is a decade of reckless behavior. The Neymar buy out was a blessing for them but they decided to keep doing what put them in a hole instead of resetting their finances.
The escalation in wages came from 2017, just after Neymar left. Coutinho, Dembele and Griezzman were signed and Messi, Piqué, Alba, Busquets and other players were renewed.

2015 - €419M ( All professional sections and amortization)
2016 - €435M
2017 - €432M
2018 - €639M
2019 - €633M

2014-2015 - 73% income
2015-2016 - 69%
2016-2017 - 64%

2014-15 - 328 Net debt
2015-16 - 271
2016-17 - 247

At the end of the 2016-17 season Barcelona received €222M for Neymar, and the club had a net debt of €247M.
At that time Barcelona had virtually no net debt and the wage bill was at good levels.

Rosell went to jail being innocent and was found not guilty after spending 2 years in jail unjustly.

April 18, 2020

"If I had not been the president of Barça, I would not have gone to jail. Of that I have no doubt," Rosell told Mundo Deportivo. "Nor do I think anyone would have investigated me as a business, nobody would have spied on me, nor would there have been such an aggressive fiscal prosecution that I still face. [There were] 72 inspections from the tax office after I was chosen as elected president of Barcelona. Before being president, [there were] zero financial inspections. Is that a coincidence?"

https://taketonews.com/sandro-rosel...-for-the-irregular-investigation-against-him/

State corruption basically to destabilize as Villarejo said.

Abraxas

Nobody around him has scored goals for at least five years. Maybe there’s a pattern emerging.
Possibly, maybe even probably as obviously Ronaldo is more of a poacher that you have to work around and therefore creation becomes focused on him.

But it doesn't seem like the striking situation is high on the agenda so we are pretty much going to have to deal with that and either create more so he can score more or the likes of Sancho will need to do better than 3 league goals. I'm not sure he can entirely blame Ronaldo for that.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Im genuinely astonished that Traore is 3rd on that list. For all his obvious strengths you could hardly claim that the ball sticks to his feet.
It actually kind of does. If you haven't seen much of him, you could be forgiven for looking at his physique and assuming he's a kick-and-run-after-it merchant with lead in his boots, but he actually has very good close control as well.

It's just the shot/pass/cross/decision making that comes after the dribble that he struggles with. :lol:

GreatDane

Goldbridge on De Jong:

"wages for De Jong are huge. Absolutely huge."
Follows it up with:
"now, I don't know what that means..."

Why does anyone listen to that clown? :lol:

NewYorkRed

Never expected two midfielders to top this chart.
That’s because you’re used to the absolute garbage we’ve had to put up with in the last decade or so. Even under Fergie for a decent chunck of time we never could get the midfield right. FDJ is a proper player, will light up OT if we manage to get this over the line.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Right… I know ITK’s are hated around here, but from what I can see, this one has got a fair few things spot on and was early on ETH to us too.. I suspect he’s going to say FDJ is done at half 5 and I’m riding this positivity train all the way to Frenkie town

I mean, the fact he’s even saying ‘update at 5:30’ rather than just updating us proves he’s an attention seeking fecker, but I’m addicted to Raza and I don’t mind admitting it

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Right… I know ITK’s are hated around here, but from what I can see, this one has got a fair few things spot on and was early on ETH to us too.. I suspect he’s going to say FDJ is done at half 5 and I’m riding this positivity train all the way to Frenkie town

I mean, the fact he’s even saying ‘update at 5:30’ rather than just updating us proves he’s an attention seeking fecker, but I’m addicted to Raza and I don’t mind admitting it
Also known as the pink IndyKaila.

SAF is the GOAT

They initially wanted 100m and then recently, more realistically, said they wouldn't take a penny less than a guaranteed €86m (not including add-ons). We've yet to see the actual structure of the offer they'll accept but we have reduced the price from what they initially wanted and it's still a good price for him regardless.
They wanted 85m Euros from the start and the credible journalists said that.

United are the ones who didn't want to bail them out from their financial situation and pay that amount of money but eventually(according to these reports) - They did

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Goldbridge on De Jong:

"wages for De Jong are huge. Absolutely huge."
Follows it up with:
"now, I don't know what that means..."

Why does anyone listen to that clown? :lol:
I don't think I hate anyone associated with our fanbase as much as I do him. He's a total and utter idiot yet still has 1million people who tune in for his nonsense. Mental.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
It actually feels like Fabrizio Romano isn't as clued into this deal as others are.

Chairman Steve

I think this one’s nearing the end if the Lewandowski to Barcelona stories are flaring up again. Barca have the money guarantee from United and now they can start haggling Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.