Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rake

Sounds like incredible negotiations from us. Took 4m off the price :drool:
It all depends on the details. If they wanted the money upfront but we managed to negotiate fee+bonuses and lower the price, it is indeed a great piece of business.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We need more of course but if we get him over the line, it'll be a good window no matter what IMO. He's the dream midfielder for Ten Hag and for United.

Blood Mage

I really hope he'll be worth the amount of time we've pissed away on trying to get this deal done. And I hope by next summer we'll have mastered the art of working on more than one deal at a time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Important along with Van de Beek coming back too. I could see a midfield 3 of those two and Bruno working well - obviously no wholly defensive minded mid in there but they all work hard and track back. And Frenkie is a great holding mid.

Bwuk

This has been done for a while. He’d clearly agreed to terms and we were just haggling a fee with Barca.

Never quite understood the Caf panic about this. We’d of paid 80m for him if Barca wouldn’t budge.

Chairman Steve

I can’t wait for the usual hullabaloo to happen when transfers are at this stage. Simon Stone will post a fence sitting tweet. Shrager will say it’s not done yet despite earlier reports. Howard Nurse will post ’Frenkie de Jong then’ etc

Rake

I can’t wait for the usual hullabaloo to happen when transfers are at this stage. Simon Stone will post a fence sitting tweet. Shrager will say it’s not done yet despite earlier reports. Howard Nurse will post ’Frenkie de Jong then’ etc
He already posted that a while back :)

Also, could people please stop posting tweets from random effers on Twitter? Maybe we could have an ITK dedicated thread again.

GreatDane

It all depends on the details. If they wanted the money upfront but we managed to negotiate fee+bonuses and lower the price, it is indeed a great piece of business.
Yes, but it's more fun to ridicule and moan apparently.

Withnail

They wanted 85m Euros from the start and the credible journalists said that.

United are the ones who didn't want to bail them out from their financial situation and pay that amount of money but eventually(according to these reports) - They did
I've seen a few quote the €100m figure and more recently the €86m.

Even if we go with your figure €5m is not to be sniffed at especially when we want to get another 3/4 players in and not get shafted on those deals either.

EDIT: We also don't know the structure of the add-ons/repayments or how they've changed throughout the process.

Chairman Steve

I swear in recent times we actually come out winning in these transfer price haggling games a lot of the time. We got Juve to pay Pogba’s massive agent fees and got Ronaldo really dirt cheap from them. We got Sancho much cheaper than what Dortmund wanted.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United can't win in some fans eyes. If we paid up weeks ago we would've been slated by the same fans for bailing Barca out and not being good negotiators. We wait it out and negotiate a lower fee and they still criticize the club. It's so tiring.

Lebo

He already posted that a while back :)

Also, could people please stop posting tweets from random effers on Twitter? Maybe we could have an ITK dedicated thread again.
.no wonder I had so little belief. How did I miss Howard Nurse’s Tweet

TOKUGAWA-X

Hey if ETH can pull this off then all is forgiven.

FDJ is that good, he is what we need and we would only need another CB to partner Maguire.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
United can't win in some fans eyes. If we paid up weeks ago we would've been slated by the same fans for bailing Barca out and not being good negotiators. We wait it out and negotiate a lower fee and they still criticize the club. It's so tiring.
Let em moan, I'm delighted.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
More than just that, it'll be the structure and add ons too which would have been negotiated for better terms. 4M is nothing to United. It'll 100% be the structure.
Or I’ll be nothing

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Do people who claim that these ITK accounts have “got other stuff spot on” not realise they are just throwing endless shite at the wall every single day then they just delete all the shit that didn’t stick and keep the stuff that did, because other people were reporting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.