Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelans shorts

No it's chump change. We definitely should have paid what they asked for straight up and that wouldn't in any way have adversely affected our budget or ability to get decent prices for the other 3/4 players we need. /s
This depends entirely on how the deal is structured, how much is up front vs what they asked for us originally and what the additional are. We haven’t a clue, so it’s pointless saying outright that the full price is what is being paid, did nobody learn from the Martial deal?

Aside from that, even if we have “only” saved 4 million pounds then that’ll cover his wages for about 3 months, which can’t be a bad thing

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Presumably these people wouldn't bother selling players valued at £4m, they would just give them away.
And I'm sure the executives who are interested primarily in making money would be okay with that as well.

Giggsy13

I presume he’s just concerned with doing a good job for his employers rather than meeting the requirements to win silly internet accolades and approvals. Him saving his employers 4m would be appreciated and a sign of him doing his job well.
Ah yes I see it now, Richard Rozay Arnold.

Wezzaldo

Some people need to realise that £4m doesn't mean we've saved £4. There's a whole six zeroes that come after the first number, and even for a premier League club that's not just pocket change.
What people don’t realise in business a £1 saved is equivalent of £10 made. So it’s equivalent of £40m revenue to generate that £4m cash.

Bojan Djordjic

No it's chump change. We definitely should have paid what they asked for straight up and that wouldn't in any way have adversely affected our budget or ability to get decent prices for the other 3/4 players we need. /s
Yeah, hard to imagine it was worth it for the €4mn savings when 3/4 other signings could have been already made and ready for training tomorrow if we had sorted this as early as possible. Meanwhile, our remaining transfer targets have either been sold, priced out of a move or got cold feet.

Still I'm sure the rest of our siginings will be made in a ruthlessly efficient manner once we get Frenkie over the line.

Withnail

This depends entirely on how the deal is structured, how much is up front vs what they asked for us originally and what the additional are. We haven’t a clue, so it’s pointless saying outright that the full price is what is being paid, did nobody learn from the Martial deal?

Aside from that, even if we have “only” saved 4 million pounds then that’ll cover his wages for about 3 months, which can’t be a bad thing
I can't tell if you're taking my sarcastic post seriously or not.

Withnail

Yeah, hard to imagine it was worth it for the €4mn savings when 3/4 other signings could have been already made and ready for training tomorrow if we had sorted this as early as possible. Meanwhile, our remaining transfer targets have either been sold, priced out of a move or got cold feet.

Still I'm sure the rest of our siginings will be made in a ruthlessly efficient manner once we get Frenkie over the line.
You too? I even did that end of sarcasm thing at the end.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

DeJong wouldn’t have been there tomorrow anyway even if we’d signed him 3 weeks ago.

Bojan Djordjic

DeJong wouldn’t have been there tomorrow anyway even if we’d signed him 3 weeks ago.
Yeah, I purposely didn't say De Jong for that reason.

In general, there's clearly a premium to be had by getting in the transfers early so they can be involved in pre-season stuff but I think that was even more important this year than ever as the dressing room needs a bit of a cultural re-set particularly if some of the flaky players that are quick to turn on managers are still there. Also, it's good for a morale booster among the playing group too. Ronaldo seems to be agitating already at the lack of progress so can imagine its a headache EtH could do without on his first day.

Withnail

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, I purposely didn't say De Jong for that reason.

In general, there's clearly a premium to be had by getting in the transfers early so they can be involved in pre-season stuff but I think that was even more important this year than ever as the dressing room needs a bit of a cultural re-set particularly if some of the flaky players that are quick to turn on managers are still there. Also, it's good for a morale booster among the playing group too. Ronaldo seems to be agitating already at the lack of progress so can imagine its a headache EtH could do without on his first day.
I think players will be naturally distracted by getting to know the new coaches, ETH and whatever drills they have to do. Only about 10 of them there anyway

Nicolarra90

Well this is the way calendars always traditionally looked in this part of the World and Sunday is technically the first day of the week using the Roman calendar. Monday being the first day of the working week and with work being such a central thing to modern life I can see how things have shifted but I've not seen a calendar going Mon to Sunday tbh.
In Chile and probably all South America calendars go from Mon to Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.