Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
54m +15m add ons would be good deal for us. It would be somewhere between the price of Sancho and Bruno, or very close to both.

SuperiorXI

I'm not surprised we're getting the good deal. We held all the cards ultimately... Barca are desperate for cash. If we paid close or over market value we would be fools.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He’s the club PR. Which is probably why he’s going with this Maguire story.
Why will Martin Blackburn run the story, who is considered very reliable for ManCity. Is he on club PR list?

Mainoldo

I thought Torres release clause is similar to the €60m quoted for Martinez?
In the 50’s. But they have been feeding it out they would accept less. Somewhere in the 40’s. This is coming from Fab.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It was reported at least 6 weeks ago that United were confident of getting a deal done for around an initial £50m. Let’s see the final figures, but as usual, the transfer season brings out the very worst in portions of our fan base.

Joeycha88

Process takes a little longer than most of us like but if the reported fees are true it was worth the wait!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It was reported at least 6 weeks ago that United were confident of getting a deal done for around an initial £50m. Let’s see the final figures, but as usual, the transfer season brings out the very worst in portions of our fan base.
I think that was probably true then. Since though, they have sold Haller and possibly will sell Martinez to Arsenal. Changes the dynamics of the situation a bit.

tidraKS

Honestly you’ve hardly seen him play since he’s joined us. You’re judging a player that was deemed to have something special when joining us on poor management by Ole and don’t even get me started on frank. Hardly had anytime to shine but yeah let’s get rid of a potential class player

embarrassing comment by yourself kid
I've seen every minute of every match since he joined, and I can't say I've ever been impressed by him. It's a matter of fact that Ole or Ralf almost never started with him or was their substitute when they wanted to have a change in our game (when we were losing or drawing). If they never started with him or substituted him in, they didn't have anything personal with him, he simply was not good enough. I agree that he lost his confidence, but anytime he was on the field, he seemed quite slow with his movements, timing was wrong, nothing special on passes.

What's his best attribute? To be a class player, you need to be good mix of passing, shooting, crossing, finishing, pressing. He excels at none.

I'd love to be wrong, and have him back as a starter, but I highly doubt that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think that was probably true then. Since though, they have sold Haller and possibly will sell Martinez to Arsenal. Changes the dynamics of the situation a bit.
‘They’ in this equation would be Barcelona, De Jong’s club, not Ajax.

Stinkypete

If he does know, he is not putting it in that article. He always does seem a little smug telling two years later that he knew a lot more than he let on.
To be fair to Andy, he does a lot of work with the Manchester United Foundation and anything he does know comes from club contacts. As such he is probably under no illusions what he can and can't reveal and how that affects his status.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
That’s a steal! Surprised how we’ve managed to get him that cheaply.
It’s a bid. Where does it say this is the one that will be accepted? We haven’t got him yet, and if we do, it will presumably be for a higher offer.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Reported by The Althetic, ask them.
Have you considered that The Athletic, like any media outlet, knows that stories about United generate the most traffic on their platforms and that by publishing sensationalist headlines like Ten Hag frustrated with United [while he's on vacation] and Ronaldo wants out [while he's on vacation] will help generate traffic and increase their revenue?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Have you considered that The Athletic, like any media outlet, knows that stories about United generate the most traffic on their platforms and that by publishing sensationalist headlines like Ten Hag frustrated with United [while he's on vacation] and Ronaldo wants out [while he's on vacation] will help generate traffic and increase their revenue?
Yes, but I also consider that the Telegraph and multiple other reputable source reported the same, plus his agent meeting with Chelsea and Ronaldo being discussed (not the first club too)

The Viper

54 mil + add ons is a very good price for a very good player. Fair play to Murtough and the team they've handled the negotiations very well. Was half expecting them to feck it up but if this deal goes through at the price quoted then they do deserve appreciation. However, the job is not even half done. We do need look into RB, DM and RW to be competent enough to challenge for top 4 as other teams around us are getting stronger as well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We're going to look really stupid if he turns out to be another Anderson!
I highly doubt that he’ll be like Anderson, different style of plays to start with. De Jong will thrive under a manager that knows exactly what role and position to play him in (ten Hag).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well considering that it almost certainly seems to be done , I take pleasure in the fulfillment of my prediction that it would get completed before we hit 400 pages :cool:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"Pay them what they want and be done with it"

CM

Sounds like a reasonable fee. I just hope this one gets done soon, there's still a lot of business to do and not much time before the pre-season tour starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.