Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Look like its off guys. What a waste of 7 weeks. Better see who is left to buy
Yep, no chance of buying this guy now. Can't believe those articles in the Spanish press were completely and entirely 100% true. I guess it's better find out this way than the way we did with Di Maria.

Who's a good alternative? Maybe we can gazzump Joe Riley before his move 1st July?

LoneStar

Suppose. Adds nicely to the storyline. The negative nelly’s will lap it up and blame the club for trying to buy a player who clearly doesn’t want to be here.

Paying zero attention that Barca is using the money to get players like Lewa over the line.
You just wait if we sign him. Every poor or average game he has, people will be out reminding us that he is Di Maria 2.0.

I also think it's insane that we would have proceeded this far without consulting the player first. It's not like he can be forced out, look at players like Bale who were happy to collect their wages despite Madrid doing thier best to move him on.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If true FDJ would have royally fecked over his personal relationship with ETH, there's no way we'd have gone this far with negotiations, within touching distance of signing an agreement, to pull out at the last second.

Barthez

If true FDJ would have royally fecked over his personal relationship with ETH, there's no way we'd have gone this far with negotiations, within touching distance of signing an agreement, to pull out at the last second.
Nothing more than a change of heart it appears as things started to get real.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I look forward to him confidently saying he's staying at Barca, to arrive back there for training to be told they can't afford to pay him, so erm, no you're not.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Frenkie is under great pressure regarding his future, but he knows that if he continues, Xavi will depend on him as a key player.

Mihai

The Thiago thread circa 2013 is the gold standard.

The Pogba one was also very good, my rendition of "we've gone and bought Paul Pogba" to the tune of "We didn't start the fire" was a highlight.

Tevez and Berbatov's were both very good also.
Remember the Groundhog day gif during Pogba's transfer? :lol: I think it was one of Olly's masterpieces.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Oh well, isn't this bringing out all the negative folk :lol:

Just a couple of things to remember:

- SPORT's job is basically to big up Barcelona.. The whole article translates (via Google, so maybe not the best) like a Barca fan wrote it and they couldn't understand why anyone would want to leave.
- No reliable journalist has come out with this. Nothing from Gerard Romero etc, who has been all over this story.
- We wouldn't go after a player for this amount of time without getting guarantees that a player wants to come. When was the last time in a big transfer that a bid was accepted for a player and then player actually turned the move down?

I'm not having it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
New it was too good to be true. On Neves we go.

Volksie316

The SPORT article, might seem like bullshit, but it all seems very accurate to me.

We know for a fact that De Jong, does not want to leave the club of his “dreams”.

He is being forced out, and now it’s becoming apparent, that he is willing to fight to stay at Barcelona.

De Jong has 4 years left on his contract, he doesn’t have to leave, if he refuses.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Oh well, isn't this bringing out all the negative folk :lol:

Just a couple of things to remember:

- SPORT's job is basically to big up Barcelona.. The whole article translates (via Google, so maybe not the best) like a Barca fan wrote it and they couldn't understand why anyone would want to leave.
- No reliable journalist has come out with this. Nothing from Gerard Romero etc, who has been all over this story.
- We wouldn't go after a player for this amount of time without getting guarantees that a player wants to come. When was the last time in a big transfer that a bid was accepted for a player and then player actually turned the move down?

I'm not having it.

Yep, you're right. Time to move on to other more realistic transfers.

Hoof the ball

Maybe we're suddenly going in for Malacia and Lisandro, as well as Antony not because we know how much we're paying for de Jong first, but because de Jong isn't coming. :lol:

God. Imagine.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Maybe we're suddenly going in for Malacia and Lisandro, as well as Antony not because we know how much we're paying for de Jong first, but because de Jong isn't coming. :lol:

God. Imagine.
This is it. Martinez played DM a couple of seasons ago for a while. He is the De Jong alternative.

Rolaholic

Basically :lol:

Screams of the Botman deal where it was reported that he didn't want Newcastle and rather delayed and wanted to wait for Milan to get the deal done, now where did he end up?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Basically :lol:

Screams of the Botman deal where it was reported that he didn't want Newcastle and rather delayed and wanted to wait for Milan to get the deal done, now where did he end up?
The fact that people can't see this but are so cynical when we do PR spin :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He can’t bloody change his mind because he is no longer required at the club. This isn’t a Phil Jones. You can stay if you want mate type of decision. These clubs don’t play. He will leave.
Contracts are meaningless, money is fake, nothing means anything anymore. We are all hurtling through nothingness on a giant rock going into the abyss.

Redcy

Yep, no chance of buying this guy now. Can't believe those articles in the Spanish press were completely and entirely 100% true. I guess it's better find out this way than the way we did with Di Maria.

Who's a good alternative? Maybe we can gazzump Joe Riley before his move 1st July?
Benrahma for 40m

Status
Not open for further replies.