Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They are financial geniuses with all these levers. 4D chess.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Reading the Barca forum the seem to think the claim about him being on €50 million (€25 Million net) gross this upcoming season to be true.

Crazy that. No wonder they're desperate to offload him to us and we're getting such a 'good' deal.

izec

Reading the Barca forum the seem to think the claim about him being on €50 million (€25 Million net) gross this upcoming season to be true.

Crazy that. No wonder they're desperate to offload him to us and we're getting such a 'good' deal.
That is just ridiculous. Bartomeu must be a die hard Real Madrid fan

Raven

Yeah, they are negotiating a sale of 49,9% of BLM (Barc licensing and merchandising) for around ~€300-400 million I believe.

Will be activated sometime in July I think.
I get it (although , not the finer details so thanks), the phrase is just amusing.

didz

I suspect that's more to do with deferred wages, which nobody was ever really gonna get back anyway.

El Presidente

It really boggles the mind what were Bartomeu and his guys up to?
Sure, we've given stupid contracts to Dea Gea and Martial but this is just on a whole new level.

Berbaclass

I suspect that's more to do with deferred wages, which nobody was ever really gonna get back anyway.
More to do with them trying to match PSG who he would have signed for. They have also given insane wages to Griezmann, Messi, Suarez etc

WPMUFC

That is just ridiculous. Bartomeu must be a die hard Real Madrid fan
Economics goes out the window when you tie your job position to nothing but whom you sign (and Messi). I remember all those Barca interview where election candidates claimed they would get X player if they won. I always found that crazy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not based on what he did last season i hope. He was wildly average. Hope we get to see a very different Sancho
Based on his talent. Nothing based on last season is relevant for any of our players really. Look beyond that, and you see a 22 year old who has done things before 20 that only Mbappe has matched in the past 30 years.

Though even if you look at last season where he still showed his talent in spurts, you can see stuff like this where it shows his value anyway:

Berbaclass

Based on his talent. Nothing based on last season is relevant for any of our players really. Look beyond that, and you see a 22 year old who has done things before 20 that only Mbappe has matched in the past 30 years.

Though even if you look at last season where he still showed his talent in spurts, you can see stuff like this where it shows his value anyway:
Quite surprised by RLC there.

Oaencha

He may prefer to stay at Barca but when he realises that there forcing him out and how much were trying to sign him then it clearly shows that we’re showing we admire him more then Barca do, which is why when he signs and plays for ten Hag who he clearly has a good relationship with then he’ll fall in love with the club and our fans. Not everyone that signs for teams are entirely convinced it’s the right choice but with time they get convinced by the project.
Man Utd only have prestige and social media to offer right now. Frenkie can build his brand. Pogba never put in a world class performance and he is still a talking point to this day. It may not work but at the very least he will earn a crap-load of money and be heralded as the saviour.

TsuWave

Pogba never put in a world class performance and he is still a talking point to this day.
People just get on the internet and lie for no reason. You could have made your point without sounding unhinged.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It really boggles the mind what were Bartomeu and his guys up to?
Sure, we've given stupid contracts to Dea Gea and Martial but this is just on a whole new level.
Trying to figure out what Bartomeu did for a living. Must have owned a candy store or something.

Berbaclass

I thought the idea was to book this sale into the last financial year so as to enable them to have more flexibility in the following years wage structure?
They probably tried but as I said above his wages are a massive problem for them as well as getting €65 Million euros back is a big plus for them short term. Will allow them to register new players quicker as the second 'lever' won't be finalized yet.

hobbers

Love to know which of those dots is Rashford

Gazza

Frenkie De Jong of course followed in the footsteps of the legendary Alex Song Billong by playing in midfield for Barcelona. One could only imagine how potent a Song Billong De Jong partnership would have been had they played together.

Newtonius

Man Utd only have prestige and social media to offer right now. Frenkie can build his brand. Pogba never put in a world class performance and he is still a talking point to this day. It may not work but at the very least he will earn a crap-load of money and be heralded as the saviour.
Forgetting of course the months of football in Ole's caretaker reign where he almost single handedly carried the team and got him the job full time, wasn't it like 8 goals and 9 assists in 11 games? That's part of the reason my friend group was so negative with Ole from the start, Pogba next to Matic and Herrera was brilliant yet he shifted him back to a 2 behind Lingard at CAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.