Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatPack

Do you think he might not be aware of it already?
Sure he is. And I do not mean a player leaving will put him off. But if we are trying to sell him a project that included Ronaldo this will not be helping to convince him to leave his dreams club.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Let’s assume for a second that Laporta is telling the truth (:lol:) … where are they getting the sudden influx of cash from to bid for Raphinha and Lewandowski?

This is happening and they’re just tightening the screw on the negotiations..

The 2nd financial lever (15 % tv rights) will be even bigger than the first one. While the first one was necessary to end the last financial year with a plus, the second one will be used to ease off the spanish ffp restrictions set on barca right now so they can buy and register players. It was never about cash, but about the spanish ffp rules.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The possibility of this falling through could also be why Ronaldo decided to kick up a fuss now. Who really knows. The timing is certainly strange when he knew our state months ago.
Ronaldo has been being offered out to clubs all summer with a report last week that Chelsea were sniffing around on the same day that news broke about our agreement over FDJ. The two aren’t linked

sewey89

The 2nd financial lever (15 % tv rights) will be even bigger than the first one. While the first one was necessary to end the last financial year with a plus, the second one will be used to ease off the spanish ffp restrictions set on barca right now so they can buy and register players. It was never about cash, but about the spanish ffp rules.
Do you think FDJ will stay?

ForeverRed1

This is a complete farce.

How has this suddenly come about?
We took a long time, all the while Barca were getting some money together in other ways.

He will be asked to take a reduced salary, if he agrees.. he will stay. It’s hard to know what’s going to happen at this point.. but I feel like we shouldn’t be holding off other signings waiting for him. We need players!

RatPack

Where's the chaos? Ronaldo might or not might leave.
If he leaves we will not have a striker. If he is forced to stay we risk to have another sulking player on high salery.
Just do not see this helping to convince de jong that leaving Barca for us is a god idea.
And for me we have been chaos for a long time. Ronaldo issue only adds to that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So.. I was mocked (and warned) for being negative. Seems what I was being was a realist. I really really hope I'm wrong because at the outset I was sure we would get FDJ. But we've been here before...

We have to get this done in the next few days or not at all. I want it to be done but I still seriously question the new men in power to get it done. Not getting it done means we've wasted weeks without doing other deals and now look as if we might lose CR7 too over lack of transfers

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Do you think FDJ will stay?
I believe that at the moment no one knows if Frenkie will stay, possibly not even himself. It is clear that Frenkie can't continue with his Bartomeu contract, because it's way above the new limit Laporta's board has set. Frenkie would earn like 2-3 times more than Pedri and that can't be right. Not to mention that Barca needs to reduce their overall wages to a healthy €400m by the end of next season and that's why Barca's board set the new wage limit and try to offload players who don't agree to it.
We have to wait until Frenkie gets back from his holidays and decides what he wants to do. I very much doubt he thinks about wages and money in his holiday, especially shorly after getting engaged.

Reactions: Sultan
It was always about cash too, you’re fecking broke and selling off parts of the club, disguised as “levers”.

sewey89

I believe that at the moment no one knows if Frenkie will stay, possibly not even himself. It is clear that Frenkie can't continue with his Bartomeu contract, because it's way above the new limit Laporta's board has set. Frenkie would earn like 2-3 times more than Pedri and that can't be right. Not to mention that Barca needs to reduce their overall wages to a healthy €400m by the end of next season and that's why Barca's board set the new wage limit and try to offload players who don't agree to it.
We have to wait until Frenkie gets back from his holidays and decides what he wants to do. I very much doubt he thinks about wages and money in his holiday, especially shorly after getting engaged.
Fair assessment, thank you.

So what would his wages be at Barca, if he were to take a cut? About €150k a week compared probably £300-350k at United?

I think we’ll certainly know one way or another by Friday when united go on tour

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So that probably means if he wants more money he may come to us, if he is willing to take substantial pay cut to play in club he loves, he may stay.

Ekeke

Lets be honest, he didnt want to come. He wanted to stay. If he had come its because he was dragged kicking and screaming from Barcelona. Change target and make up for it by getting someone with quality on the ball. Dont mope around about a player who never wanted to come in the first place

Yakuza_devils

Laporta want to do everything for FDJ to stay at Barca. But he has to take pay cut...hmm..

FDJ wants to stay at Barca. Barca is selling their future earnings in order to fund this and all new signings.

Barca is shooting themselves in the foot. We should stay clear of all these mess and move on to other target. Shits will hit the fan soon.

The offer we put in is very fair 65mil plus add ons considering FDJ is on enormous wages. We can't do anything more if Barca not willing to sell and FDJ state publicly that he wants to stay at Barca.

OpenIntrovert

Laporta want to do everything for FDJ to stay at Barca. But he has to take pay cut...hmm..

FDJ wants to stay at Barca. Barca is selling their future earnings in order to fund this and all new signings.

Barca is shooting themselves in the foot. We should stay clear of all these mess and move on to other target. Shits will hit the fan soon.

The offer we put in is very fair 65mil plus add ons considering FDJ is on enormous wages. We can't do anything more if Barca not willing to sell and FDJ state publicly that he wants to stay at Barca.
Its very simple. If FDJ wanted to stay and he was willing to take a pay cut, there was no way the deal would have happened with Barca. Barca does have a problem with FDJ's wages and they are trying to sell him so that they can make space for the incoming players. Lewandowski and FDJ with the same amount of wages is not going to help the cause at all.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
A small part of me wants to say fine keep him and ruin all their plans.

But we need de Jong so hoping we still sign him.

Real Name

If he leaves we will not have a striker. If he is forced to stay we risk to have another sulking player on high salery.
Just do not see this helping to convince de jong that leaving Barca for us is a god idea.
And for me we have been chaos for a long time. Ronaldo issue only adds to that.
So we'll buy another one. Ronaldo leaving or not shouldn't have any bearing on De Jong coming at all.

Elcabron

We should set Barca and Frenkie a deadline. Either they agree or we move on. Call their bluff, enough prancing around, it's getting very tiring now.

Or just announce that after Laporta's comments yesterday, we have ended out interest and move on. Guarantee you they would be straight in the phone. If not, no problem, we move on.

OpenIntrovert

Lets be honest, he didnt want to come. He wanted to stay. If he had come its because he was dragged kicking and screaming from Barcelona. Change target and make up for it by getting someone with quality on the ball. Dont mope around about a player who never wanted to come in the first place
If FDJ didnt really want to come, the agent would have let Manchester United know its not possible. Its obvious that we are only in for him, because he wants to go. There is a actually a bigger process in transfer deals that many dont know about. Before a club decides to bid for a player, they will contact the agent and let them know of their interest. If the player announces that he is also interested, then they start communicating with the club. Obviously it took longer as Barcelona wanted a higher price but we knew that Barcelona will give in eventually, as FDJ was one of the top earners in the club. Basically if he stays, the club cannot give the same wages to Lewandowski.

If FDJ didnt really want to come, the agent would have let Manchester United know its not possible. Its obvious that we are only in for him, because he wants to go. There is a actually a bigger process in transfer deals that many dont know about. Before a club decides to bid for a player, they will contact the agent and let them know of their interest. If the player announces that he is also interested, then they start communicating with the club. Obviously it took longer as Barcelona wanted a higher price but we knew that Barcelona will give in eventually, as FDJ was one of the top earners in the club. Basically if he stays, the club cannot give the same wages to Lewandowski.
Aye, Barça might want FDJ if he reduces his wage to 150k /week from the 300+ he’s supposed to get, but who would agree to that?
Clearly FDJ has already said no to such a huge pay reduction and ok’d the United negotiations, and that’s why they have gone so far.

Will FDJ suddenly say “sure, I love this total fecking mess of a club that has been shite for the short 2 year period I’ve been here that I’ll reduce my wage by 200k /week, or 10 million a year”.

Do people really think FDJ will agree to that? That he loves the clusterfeck of a club he’s been at for just two years that much?

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

Its very simple. If FDJ wanted to stay and he was willing to take a pay cut, there was no way the deal would have happened with Barca. Barca does have a problem with FDJ's wages and they are trying to sell him so that they can make space for the incoming players. Lewandowski and FDJ with the same amount of wages is not going to help the cause at all.

The feelings I get is that Barca is dragging us into their mess. We have enough mess ourselves.

We need to act decisively and fast in order to have more time for the team to train together under ETH.

We need to move on from this circus. We are negotiating with Barca and their fecking president came out state publicly that FDJ is not for sale.

Don't we have other targets?

sewey89

He’s still coming ffs :lol:

LordSpud

This whole thing came about so suddenly with that Romero randomly coming out saying 95% chance Frenkie will go to Manchester United this summer. I'm starting to wonder whether it was all a plan to a) rattle Frenkie into taking the pay cut, b) use us to stall and stall while the economic levers were put into place and c) just create some easy traffic to his radio show and tweets.

I feel things started to get suspicious about it when we didnt hear anything on the 30th June which was when Barca really needed tonhave sold him by. Since then its felt like Sancho 1.5 - in this case the club is now stating that the man is not for sale but unlike Sancho, Frenkie isnt even keen on coming.

Real Name

The feelings I get is that Barca is dragging us into their mess. We have enough mess ourselves.

We need to act decisively and fast in order to have more time for the team to train together under ETH.

We need to move on from this circus. We are negotiating with Barca and their fecking president came out state publicly that FDJ is not for sale.

He said De Jong is not for sale but he'll need to take a paycut. He's saying that just to lighten up the fans a bit, it's all politics.

Trophy Room

I really don’t think he wants to leave Barca and we have been quite stingy with the cash. It’s over, no point crying over it. Just move on and get someone else.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Aye, Barça might want FDJ if he reduces his wage to 150k /week from the 300+ he’s supposed to get, but who would agree to that?
Clearly FDJ has already said no to such a huge pay reduction and ok’d the United negotiations, and that’s why they have gone so far.

Will FDJ suddenly say “sure, I love this total fecking mess of a club that has been shite for the short 2 year period I’ve been here that I’ll reduce my wage by 200k /week, or 10 million a year”.

Do people really think FDJ will agree to that? That he loves the clusterfeck of a club he’s been at for just two years that much?
If FdJ wants to join United, this transfer is going to happen 100%.

sewey89

I really don’t think he wants to leave Barca and we have been quite stingy with the cash. It’s over, no point crying over it. Just move on and get someone else.
Why have no reliable Barca reporters mentioned anything then?

OpenIntrovert

There is no mess here. If Barcelona really do not want a transfer, they can just say no to the deal. Manchester United do not want to waste time as well. You have to remember that there is always a element of politics when there are 2 big clubs involved in a transfer deal.

If FdJ wants to join United, this transfer is going to happen 100%.
It looks likely to end up a straight up choice of:

• stay at the clusterfeck, financial ruin of a club that you joined 2 years ago and were completely fooled by all at the state of the club. In order to stay you’ll have to reduce your wages by 10m /year and play in a position that doesn’t get the best out of you.

• join your old manager in his new project, play in your preferred position with a man who got the best out of you. And take no pay cut, therefore earn 10m more /year and feel much more valued.

In a perfect World Xavi sees him in a deeper position and he needs only reduce his wage a little to stay, but nothing about this situation is “perfect” for Frenkie.

Loon

:lol:
I would have thought his prior relationship with ten Hag would have prevented any nonsense just out of respect. De Jong would have been honest and upfront with ten Hag and we would not even attempt meaningless negotiations.

Yakuza_devils

There is no mess here. If Barcelona really do not want a transfer, they can just say no to the deal. Manchester United do not want to waste time as well. You have to remember that there is always a element of politics when there are 2 big clubs involved in a transfer deal.
Well, Barca president couldn't be more clear that FDJ is not for sale. And he will do everything to keep him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What worries me is that Barca have openly talked about reducing his wages, probably meaning that if he were to move to United he would keep his current salary level or close. Not sure whether it’d be the right move to pay a young player who hasn’t exactly set the world alight in the last two seasons that much. I know it’s our habit to overpay for players that don’t really move the needle, much like what Barca have done for years, but whether it’s the direction I’d want us to keep taking I’m not sure.

I don’t think we will get him anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.