Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

I don't know if your post is sarcasm, but I'll translate it in short, for the average poster:

1. feck up your most important transfer target.
2. feck up arguably your best player and wind him up, so he can down tools if you can't sell him
3. feck up our wage structure for a player who said in public he will not train and bitched about leaving for about 2 months.
4. So the club should explain shit to the owners?
5. feck up another important transfer target that would give us depth in several positions on the field.
6. So basically feck all the other targets and get Timber and Antony, then cry one year later they didn't work out?
Who says any of those things would happen, Ronaldo did the same in 06/07 David Gill and Sir Alex persuaded him to stay another season without the airtime, because we were a well run efficient club and the Glaziers had not had enough time to destroy the club season by season.
we signed Feillani for £10m more than we could of just because Woodward didn't understand the way European transfer worked way back in 2013 when he started, 9 years later after he’s resigned the club is just as bad, we manage to pay more than required to get our 2nd or 3rd choice Targets and are without doubt the laughing stock of world football. Ps when we do get our first option targets, we let players like Ronaldo, Pogba, Bruno, Maguire tell the board who they like as a manager and who they don’t.

Which exec In their right mind would allow the players to undermine the manager and ask the players what they think and who they want ? And outsiders or fans wonder why the club is so toxic, simple under Sir Alex and David Gill the club had strong, honest, ethical leadership.

Today the club has many people trying to feel important by convincing themselves that they are doing a great job only to look back at our worst season in PL history and then not planning from March to April on how to deal with united not being in the Champions league and then prepare meticulously who to recruit and who to sell ,thus improve the Football squad.
Listen the Glaziers are so detached from The British Soccer League, that it would not surprise me if they asked to join the Bundesliga in 2025, thinking we could definitely make the top 4 in that league every season and maybe win the odd title every decade.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I love the way people jump in to the thread with a post without reading the most recent parts of the thread first.....
Yeap. I am starting to notice a pattern here. They seem to just want to say their two cents worth, relevant or otherwise rather than actually contributing to a discussion or convo. Its a sounding board, not a forum.

How the feck did they get promoted? Talk about standards ....

NLunited

If Frenkie took a 10% pay cut he‘d still be owed close to 900,000 a week.

Let that sink in.

Balljy

Yes. But try suing them later from Manchester -- Barca will suddenly claim that they are skint despite 161 levers initiated.
If they do that they will have defaulted and will be in a lot more trouble than just with de jong. If a club can't / won't pay their creditors they'd have all sorts of restrictions put on them and definitely wouldn't be making transfers.

I reckon Barcelona would love him back when their finances are sorted after 3 or 4 years, so they're unlikely to burn their bridges with him now.

Dazzmondo

I think Frenkie’s camp is busy negotiating with Barca about his deferred salary owed after he leaves them for United, that’s what I believe is holding up the deal. United aren’t obviously going to pay that for them. Also lowering Frenkie’s wages isn’t going to be enough, they will need the money from his sale to pay the deferred wages of other players and their new signings

Also i hope we don’t ever deal with Barca again after this. Absolute vile cnuts of a club. We also made it far too easy for them back then when they wanted Pique back
Ya, hopefully this is correct. Really want this to end soon though. This dragging another month would be really damaging for our preparation for the new season. Ideally wanted this done before our 1st pre-season game and I don't think there's much chance of that happening now. This in itself is a mini-failure.

Yakuza_devils

I thought we are the only big club that being run like Disneyland. It looks like Barca is in/will be in bigger mess than us.

Even the president is known to be a seasoned liar... Hmm... This is whole new level.

We must quickly end the negotiation one way or another. Don't really wanna in this shits.

OleksUsykUD

The thing is, he may very well reject a move to us, and still refuse to lower his salary, and Barcelona can't do a thing about it. They can only threaten him, nothing else. They just can't force him to lower or to move.

Everything is in his hands actually. My main problem is that we wasted tons of time on this player alone, and this is dumb business. You should always have alternative of alternative and so on. At least 3 for a certain type of player. Otherwise you are in bad situation, as it shows.

Erik ten Hag is also to blame in this situation, that he want this player at all cost, like he is the only one, when in reality de Young has done nothing in Barca to show that he is worth that much really. He didn't flop. but neither improve or was the level they expect him to be.

He was described as super talent/player when he move to Barca, but didn't fulfil his potential yet. And they want to charge us even more money to what they spend to get him, when he was 3 years younger, which obviously add big to the price and was with high potential, that he still did not fulfil.

And most of our business is on stale, thanks to all of this mess. Absolutely terrible decision. On top of that he is happy in there and don't want to move, at least it's not eager, which for me is enough. We should be after players that want to play for us, not that they are pretty much forced to come over here.

Fabrizio Romano and plenty of sources have stated many times that the player is happy with Barca and want to stay. They also say that he himself have said that.

Yeah he may come here at the end, but it will be more of a forced move.

Also people that are saying that our team have talked to him, otherwise we wouldn't make offers and try to get him, just look at the Chelsea situation with Raphinha. You would suppose that they have talked with the player too, right? Yet they have accepted offer, but the player want Barca. He will go to Chelsea if Barca can't get him, but that won't be his desire, and this is not a ideal situation.

Reactions: Sultan

sglowrider

I thought we are the only big club that being run like Disneyland. It looks like Barca is in/will be in bigger mess than us.

Even the president is known to be a seasoned liar... Hmm... This is whole new level.

We must quickly end the negotiation one way or another. Don't really wanna in this shits.
without a doubt. I rather be in United's shoes than Barca any day of the week. They have kicked the can down the road and that future is pretty bleak. Its like the last days of Rome.

Stadjer

He is owed a lot of money
So his normal wages with his deferred wages would add up to 1m a week in total?

maybe he is confused on the currency?
Fairly certain he means euros since he has NL in his name and we NL-people use euros. Just like they do in Spain. Still that is a lot of money. Did Messi even get that much? Guess it could be that the 1m is his normal wage + all the money that he still is owed if that money is paid during the remainder of his contract years? I dont know. 1m still sounds like way too much though.

Woziak

I’m sorry, can you tell me where this is in any way relevant to my post?

I told you that your list of things a well run club would do was total bollocks, which it is, can you quantify even a single point on your list and provide any proof that it’s what a well run club would do, or are you just skriking into the ether?
The relevance is we may well sign Frankie and he may be great like Pogba was for half a season but if you think the current way the club is run is first in class or even top 10 in European Club analytics I would like to have some of what your smoking please ?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So his normal wages with his deferred wages would add up to 1m a week in total?

Fairly certain he means euros since he has NL in his name and we NL-people use euros. Just like they do in Spain. Still that is a lot of money. Did Messi even get that much? Guess it could be that the 1m is his normal wage + all the money that he still is owed if that money is paid during the remainder of his contract years? I dont know. 1m still sounds like way too much though.
Considering they owe him €40 million in deferred wages (unclear whether that figure includes his 'standard wage") I don't think it would be that far away from €1m a week.

phelans shorts

The relevance is we may well sign Frankie and he may be great like Pogba was for half a season but if you think the current way the club is run is first in class or even top 10 in European Club analytics I would like to have some of what your smoking please ?
Can you point me to any club that would behave as you are suggesting a “well run club” would?

Any at all. Just one will do.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
"we have no intention of selling him" ...but he'll have to accept to play for peanuts if he stays

It's actually astonishing that there exists a club that is run even worse than United under Woodward
Barcelona are doing what they should after Bartomeu's destruction.
A man like Mateu Alemany would be a dream for United.

This is the thing, Laporta and the club are very adept at massaging the optics of the situation. Everyone is talking about their "financial levers" when what they've actually done is sold percentages of future income streams. It's not a genius financial strategy, it's kicking the can down the road a bit, and likely taking a loss on that in the longer term. But if they call it a "financial lever" then it sounds like like something more special doesn't it?
Barcelona had planned to activate the sale of 10% of the national television rights before June 30 and did so.

The next step was to sell 15% more of those rights and they are working on it.

And in the end sell 49% of BLM for about €300M. As it appeared in the press yesterday, this last economic lever is not going to be activated because it is not necessary.

Barcelona are creating a salary scale, something logical and necessary, and there was none of that with Bartomeu.

The only ones that remain to be adapted are Pique, Alba, Busquets, FDJ and maybe Ter Stegen.

If FDJ accepts this he can stay, if he does not accept then he will be sold.

Woziak

You ok hun?
I’m fine pal no different to anyone other true united fan I daze away in daydreams memorising about being in the camp nou in 99 or Watching us spanking Chelsea 4-0 at Wembley in the FA cup in 94 we also went to another final that year and lost to villa so wasn’t perfect. Someone wake me up in half a decade or so when this nightmare has finished.

Snafu17

Barcelona are doing what they should after Bartomeu's destruction.
A man like Mateu Alemany would be a dream for United.

Barcelona had planned to activate the sale of 10% of the national television rights before June 30 and did so.

The next step was to sell 15% more of those rights and they are working on it.

And in the end sell 49% of BLM for about €300M. As it appeared in the press yesterday, this last economic lever is not going to be activated because it is not necessary.

Barcelona are creating a salary scale, something logical and necessary, and there was none of that with Bartomeu.

The only ones that remain to be adapted are Pique, Alba, Busquets, FDJ and maybe Ter Stegen.

If FDJ accepts this he can stay, if he does not accept then he will be sold.
I mean he can just say no and stay there untill the end of his contract. You know, because he has a contract.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Would make sense to be honest.

I bet that Barca do not want to pay of course and we get another saga. Im worried that it will take too long and either someone else comes in and offers more for Frenkie or they get Frenkie to lower wages. :nervous:
I genuinely don’t know what will happen if it’s true in all honesty. I’m very positive about this deal but this is quite an issue.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I mean he can just say no and stay there untill the end of his contract. You know, because he has a contract.
And Xavi can tell the bench or the stands until he accepts one of the 2 things. That's how this works.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Considering they owe him €40 million in deferred wages (unclear whether that figure includes his 'standard wage") I don't think it would be that far away from €1m a week.
If tomorrow some social media "journalist" would write Barca ows him a flight to the moon you would quote it, wouldn't you?
Todays journalism is quite sad and it's even sadder to see, how many people believe every tweet so long it supports their narrative. Even MARCA tweets are quoted here. They once wrote Messi arrived with a spoon in his mouth to the training because he wanted to act like a child.
The funny part is that fans write hundreds of pages, quoting anything on SM that supports their side to feel better, while Frenkie simply enjoing his holidays with his fiancee without deciding anything so far. Maybe he even reads this thread and is having a good time.

Pickle85

Sorry if this has already been answered but surely these are deferred payments that he's legally owed, so whether he goes or not he'll still be due them by law?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone know where his new missus is from? Feel like if she's Catalan could be a pretty big motivation.

I don't really put any concern in what Laporta says, he's a corrupt sh*t that just sold his club down the drain and won't be there for when it hurts.

izec

Anyone know where his new missus is from? Feel like if she's Catalan could be a pretty big motivation.

I don't really put any concern in what Laporta says, he's a corrupt sh*t that just sold his club down the drain and won't be there for when it hurts.
Dutch i imagine.

Godfather

While I understand the sentiment, there are already a lot of Barca players who have done exactly this. Scummy and crazy as it sounds it's far from impossible. Pique and Umtiti did it just last season and I think there's been some talk about Busquets potentially doing similar. Not saying I think this is off or anything, but Barca have already tried similar tactics by putting public pressure on their players to take a wage cut, and it has worked in some cases. As crazy as it seems, players clearly do still love Barcelona as a club, as is evidenced by both Raphinha and Lewandowski wanting to go there despite the horrible way the club is run and the way it treats its staff.
To be honest with players that came from their youth that really feel somewhat attached to it and want to help if financially that's halfway understandable. But for everyone else? Grow a pair and feck off. You are being played by these absolute amateurs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Also Dutch, they've been together for about eight years so technically childhood sweethearts.

gajender

Now now you can't say that don't you know how Laporta is undoing all the damage done by their last President when all he seem to be doing is just kicking the can further down the road but some Barca fans atleast on here seem to be buying it .

UncleBob

And Xavi can tell the bench or the stands until he accepts one of the 2 things. That's how this works.
Ah, that explains everything. The majority was under the assumption that you get paid according to your contract.

sglowrider

Im
Not saying he’s perfect but the club was run and managed in far more professional and efficient way or do you disagree ?
It was quite dysfunctional under the Edwards. I remember fergie blow a gasket every transfer window.
If you want to blame anyone it would be Woodward. It's not like the glazers didn't release funds, £1.2 billion since fergie retired.
It was spent badly. That's on Woodward.

reelworld

Your point is valid, but this is hilarious. Most people support a family for a year on what FDJ will earn in a couple of days :lol: :lol:

There is no especially to this!
most people career don't have the risk of ending at your 20s because of injuries. Also most people job do not require them to spend boat load of money to keep them in top physical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.