Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
So is there any chance you can keep FdJ and also get Lewa and Raphinha and maybe even Kounde without selling your soul (TV revenues)?

As far as I can tell it's impossible.

Then the question is what do you value more? FdJ or your future TV money for a really long time?
You have to sell either the television rights or 49% of BLM, or both, to recover the losses of these years of pandemic. If you don't you can't register any player.
If you try to recover the losses by selling players you have one team left to be in the middle of the table with a lot of luck.

iato89

The club is establishing a salary scale for economic reasons and all players and coaches adjust and lower their salary except FDJ.
Well, if that player doesn't contribute to the group, he doesn't play. He receives his full salary but does not play. And he also has the option of being transferred if he does not like the situation.

But how always the only thing that matters is who does it. If it does your club is fine and if it does a club you hate it is very bad and they are very bad.
No, the club estbalished a contract with the player when they signed him. Now because of their own mess they expect the players to bend over and reduce what they have agreed and signed with the club. It is the Barca fault not the players. Barce should have thaken care of their finances beforehand and not expect players to budge. Barca and do on...Mess of a club that tries to move the blame onto the players.

NLunited

The one who holds all the cards is Frenkie de Jong. Barça can‘t force him to accept lower wages: he is owed about a million Euros a week next season. They can‘t force him to leave either.

But he should leave, because he is being disrespected. What a shiit club.

STYLOISRED

So is there any chance you can keep FdJ and also get Lewa and Raphinha and maybe even Kounde without selling your soul (TV revenues)?

As far as I can tell it's impossible.

Then the question is what do you value more? FdJ or your future TV money for a really long time?
That's the problem with Barca and why i think that club deserves all the shit that comes to them. Neither the fans nor the board are absolved of blame. Laporta knows the fans will turn on him if he decides to be prudent, not sign high profile players for a few years and try to get UCL football and so he has to say and do all these to pander to the fans. Perez would have already sold DeJong and moved on (not like they would he stupid enough to sign him for such a contract in the first place).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You have to sell either the television rights or 49% of BLM, or both, to recover the losses of these years of pandemic. If you don't you can't register any player.
If you try to recover the losses by selling players you have one team left to be in the middle of the table with a lot of luck.
Sure, blame the pandemic :houllier:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Players don't have a guarantee to play but you can't sideline a player to the stands for months just because he refuses a salary cut.
Such behavior will also unsettle the dressing room and send warning signals to future transfers not to sign for such a club
I don't like this option either, but it's something that I'm saying the club can do, a hypothesis in case FDJ doesn't want to lower his salary or go to another team.
This would not create any precedent because it is an exceptional case of an exceptional situation, such as a pandemic, and Bartomeu's negligence. Once the club accounts are balanced this will no longer happen.

tjb

This speaks volumes about Barcelona, yet its us that are getting the brunt of insults of incompetence. Makes no sense to me.
How many transfer windows have we seen big transfer take ages to cross over the line. The Berbatov transfer must have made SAF and Gill idiots too for staying so long trying to get the player. If a transfer is being negotiated for a player, usually taking some time since its a big player, and the team being negotiated with start acting wild, how is it our fault. Our fans haven't even given us a chance to pivot before labeling our new football leadership team incompetent.

Then there is Ronaldo, a player who many wanted gone at the end of the season. Love him, but was clearly one of the issues with the dressing room. Understandably wants to leave due to the failure of our last managers in getting UCL football. I'm guessing we'd be willing due to how much he's done for the game. Again, what has the club done wrong. They haven't been given the opportunity to replace. It's like all people want to do is complain and act like we are the worst club.

bazza3727

I get that but we don’t exactly have the greatest record of briefing the press and getting transfers done efficiently or do you disagree ?
The club historically haven't usually briefed about transfers until they're done. At one time of day some privileged journos would be briefed off the record to keep them onside, but times change and nowadays the media is constantly chasing stories for the 24 hour news channels and clicks, to the extent that they have even been known to make up stories! As for efficiently - there are two sides (at least) to every transfer, so lots of issues are outside of the club's control.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
That's the problem with Barca and why i think that club deserves all the shit that comes to them. Neither the fans nor the board are absolved of blame. Laporta knows the fans will turn on him if he decides to be prudent, not sign high profile players for a few years and try to get UCL football and so he has to say and do all these to pander to the fans. Perez would have already sold DeJong and moved on (not like they would he stupid enough to sign him for such a contract in the first place).
Sure, you don't sign anyone and you've been seven or eight years, hopefully, without signing anything. There will be years that your team will not qualify for the Champions League, less money from sponsors, less money from tickets, from the box office, less members and season ticket holders... This strategy doesn't sound bad. You also say that the fans will support Laporta if he does this. You don't know anything about Barcelona.

Sure, blame the pandemic :houllier:
I have said during the years of the pandemic, not that it has been the only reason why Barcelona has had losses. I've said more things you can try to refute me. It's not nonsense.

Speako

We’re nearly there. At long last, we are very very close.

Couple more replies and it’ll be 500 pages.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This isn't happening, 2 month saga and still same old

Lyng

You are contradicting yourself here. How can Bayern poach the best players and coaches from rivals that due to lack of competition don't exist in the first place?
As if Barcelona faces that much more competition. You guys and Real Madrid have a free reign into the whole Central and South American market.

You club is terribly run and ever other club, be it Man United or Bayern, who are in the unlucky position to have to deal with you are fekked. Deals which would have been completed weeks ago, drag on due to your unstable financial position and your board's megalomania to buy top players despite being broke.
Spot on.
Anyone blaming United or Bayern for the way the FDJ or Lewa transfers have been conducted are mad.
Barca are a complete cirkus.

Berbaclass

And United remain relaxed about their pursuit of their No 1 summer target Frenkie de Jong, despite claims from Barcelona president Joan Laporta that the Catalan club do not wish to sell and the midfielder is happy to remain in Spain.

United’s position, that talks are productive and ongoing with Barcelona, has not altered.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I would love him to stay and sue Barca for his money. Disgusting club asking everyone to play for free while twerking for Raphinha, B. Silva and Lewa...
Horrible horrible club. feck them and their levers. cnuts

fps

"Barca or money"

Nice character assassination ...
Isn't he only allowed to reduce his salary by a certain amount? I thought I read something about that while Messi was leaving.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Isn't he only allowed to reduce his salary by a certain amount? I thought I read something about that while Messi was leaving.
That's at least a line that was repeated time and time again that Messi should lower his ridiculous wage demands

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
"Barca or money"

Nice character assassination ...
There we go... the seeds have been planted. Barca will now offer him something ridiculous, that they KNOW he won't accept and then say that he left because he didn't want to reduce his salary. Leaves Barca looking like the good guys for trying everything to get him to stay, and de Jong as the money hungry mercenary who "loved" the club, but loves money even more

fps

Not sure about that
Guillem Balague in a sportsjoe article I found:

'It broke Messi's heart and once again he feels betrayed by the club he has given so much to. Barcelona had asked him to accept a 50% reduction in wages and he accepted without even trying to negotiate it.

'In fact a 50% reduction is the legal maximum anyone can be compelled to take, so even if Messi had been prepared to accept a bigger reduction, the club would have been breaking the law had they agreed to it.'

Berbaclass

Guillem Balague in a sportsjoe article I found:

'It broke Messi's heart and once again he feels betrayed by the club he has given so much to. Barcelona had asked him to accept a 50% reduction in wages and he accepted without even trying to negotiate it.

'In fact a 50% reduction is the legal maximum anyone can be compelled to take, so even if Messi had been prepared to accept a bigger reduction, the club would have been breaking the law had they agreed to it.'
Interesting. Should really be ours then.

buchansleftleg

Thank you for coming in today Mr Barca President....we appreciate this has all been dreadful for you!

Please help us to help you!

Point out on this doll where the nasty man touched you and forced you to spend all that money on players you couldn't afford!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
No, the club estbalished a contract with the player when they signed him. Now because of their own mess they expect the players to bend over and reduce what they have agreed and signed with the club. It is the Barca fault not the players. Barce should have thaken care of their finances beforehand and not expect players to budge. Barca and do on...Mess of a club that tries to move the blame onto the players.
You are contradicting yourself here. How can Bayern poach the best players and coaches from rivals that due to lack of competition don't exist in the first place?
As if Barcelona faces that much more competition. You guys and Real Madrid have a free reign into the whole Central and South American market.

You club is terribly run and ever other club, be it Man United or Bayern, who are in the unlucky position to have to deal with you are fekked. Deals which would have been completed weeks ago, drag on due to your unstable financial position and your board's megalomania to buy top players despite being broke.
I explained it to you perfectly.
The South American market is for those who pay the most right now.
Do you think a Brazilian club is going to sell cheaper because it's Spanish or not? Or is a player going to go to a Spanish team earning much less?
Barcelona were run horrible, now we will have to wait for some time to judge.

city-puma

The meltdown here is insane. Can you guys just relax and wait for the conclusion rather than reacting frantically to every “story” or “info” emerging?

Berbaclass

So if the €40 MIllion euro figure was correct. Even if he reduces by the maximum 50% that's still €20 million and still a lot of money for them.

Kessie is being paid ~€7 million.

There is no way they keep him on that wage in my opinion. They have to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.