Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This guys seem to think €24 million euros:

Laporta is not saying the whole truth when he talks about a 'financial issue' with Frenkie.

The story has multiple aspects:

1) Financial: Frenkie will be getting 24m gross from next season due to ridiculous arrangement by Barto, and we are never gonna pay that.
In the new wage structure under Allemany the max a player can get is 10m net, which is 20m gross.
And from what they leak in the press, Lewa will come to get 8m net (16m gross) and the best paid player of the squad.
Frenkie has to agree to get somewhere between 6-7m net (12-14m gross), a huge reduction

2) Sporting: Laporta is BSing when he says 'he will fight to keep Frenkie, one of the best players in his position'
The reason is that at Barca Frenkie will never be a pivot, nor can he play as single pivot.
The problem is that as an interior where he has been playing since day 1 at the club, he has proven inadequate to the task.

Xavi knows that, and despite the public backing of his player, he is craving others (Bernardo) that can be WC as interiors instead of just meh

3) Player Side:
It's clear that Frenkie wants to stay and not go to UTD despite Ten Haag.
What is not clear at all, is if he is willing to reduce his salary...
Romero says he is, Romano says he is not.
If he is not, he is surely gone and LAporta will always claim it as purely a financial issue (NOT the case!)
If he is, then there is a chance that he stays, but then the sporting problem will be perpetuated.
Will Xavi be more honest with him and tell him that he doesn't have a position in his system and therefore not a bright future here?

FriedClams

Have to say, if he decides to stay for less money based on footballing/family reasons then I respect him. A lot of comments about him needing money to start a family etc which I assume are in jest. He’s still going to make 10million a year every year minimum for the next decade after wages/sponsorships etc.

STYLOISRED

I like Frenkie and i want to sign him but i have to say it. He is coming across as spineless by the day. Seems Barca can do whatever they want to their players while reciting the "mes que un cnut" .

Berbaclass

Prediction:

There will be reports in the next few days that Frenkie is willing to join Unitedd but only if Barca pay him what he is owed. Once again makes him look like he's after money and turns fans against him more. Mission accomplished for Laporta and Barca.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This guys seem to think €24 million euros:
Imagine being told you're not good enough in your favourite position, told to take a HUGE pay cut whilst someone is signed to take the wages you've just given up and still wanting to stay... I just can't see it happening.

It's clear Barca want him gone and if the wage cut doesn't do it, you know he's going to be told he has no future there. Barca will be all nicey nicey to the media, but behind the scenes they'll be ruthless I bet!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Prediction:

There will be reports in the next few days that Frenkie is willing to join Unitedd but only if Barca pay him what he is owed. Once again makes him look like he's after money and turns fans against him more. Mission accomplished for Laporta and Barca.
What gets me about it all is that these guys are saying he clearly doesn't want to go to United and he wants to stay... that clearly can't be the case.

ETH wouldn't waste his time with this transfer if he wasn't sure de Jong would come. So unless de Jong or his agents are lying in their private conversations with ETH (unlikely seeing as we're signing other clients of his) then there's much more to this than is being reported

Berbaclass

What gets me about it all is that these guys are saying he clearly doesn't want to go to United and he wants to stay... that clearly can't be the case.

ETH wouldn't waste his time with this transfer if he wasn't sure de Jong would come. So unless de Jong or his agents are lying (unlikely seeing as we're signing other clients of his) then there's much more to this than is being reported
I think this PR bullshit Barca are coming out with indicated he's willing to leave so they feel the need to almost turn the fans against him for 'wanting to' or being 'open to' leaving the mighty Barcelona.

Just my opinion though.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think this PR bullshit Barca are coming out with indicated he's willing to leave so they feel the need to almost turn the fans against him for 'wanting to' or being 'open to' leaving the mighty Barcelona.

Just my opinion though.
That makes sense though, especially the whole everything in my power to keep him comment.

If de Jong truly wanted to stay then he wouldn't have to do everything in his power to keep him. He's under contract to them and apparently doesn't want to leave, so why exactly would have have to do everything in his power to keep him?

Barca know he's open to leaving, they know he's a very good player and that selling him would be beneficial to them. However they don't want to come across as giving the impression they NEED to sell, I imagine given half the chance they'd sell other guys to ease their financial woes and sign players who they consider better. So their plan is what we see now... give up some salary and also some of the money they owe him and stay at the club he loves, or leave the club and chase the cash.

They'll likely make him an offer that they know he won't accept to get him to leave, and then as you say, tell everyone he's a mercenary and never cared for the club.

All this is defo my opinion but its how its looking to me

Berbaclass

That makes sense though, especially the whole everything in my power to keep him comment.

If de Jong truly wanted to stay then he wouldn't have to do everything in his power to keep him. He's under contract to them and apparently doesn't want to leave, so why exactly would have have to do everything in his power to keep him?

Barca know he's open to leaving, they know he's a very good player and that selling him would be beneficial to them. However they don't want to come across as giving the impression they NEED to sell, I imagine given half the chance they'd sell other guys to ease their financial woes and sign players who they consider better. So their plan is what we see now... give up some salary and also some of the money they owe him and stay at the club he loves, or leave the club and chase the cash.

They'll likely make him an offer that they know he won't accept to get him to leave, and then as you say, tell everyone he's a mercenary and never cared for the club.

All this is defo my opinion but its how its looking to me
I feel like if he was going to stay they wouldn't feel the need to comment on it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Barcelona maybe could go that way, if they don't sign any new players.
However, forcing a player to accept a pay cut despite him having a valid contract due to financial constraints but then hiring multiple very expensive star players won't work for the club. Regarding to the pandemic, all clubs had to deal with it, so this won't count as an excuse.
This sums up the deceptive hypocrisy of the situation. It's the sort of layered narrative that **** leaders do for their flock.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Have to say, if he decides to stay for less money based on footballing/family reasons then I respect him. A lot of comments about him needing money to start a family etc which I assume are in jest. He’s still going to make 10million a year every year minimum for the next decade after wages/sponsorships etc.
:lol: the things some of our supporters are telling themselves, to keep that positive feeling going, are unrivalled.

sglowrider

Barca fans rattled. You arrogant cnuts :lol:
It is an interesting study of how people project themselves onto their sporting interests/clubs. Their sense of identity.

Its reflected or tied into the well-being of the club like United supporters -- and in the case of Barca, the sense of morality or moral superiority.

sglowrider

If he takes that stance he could well destroy Barca - which is why I don’t think he will do it. He would become public enemy number 1 which is the picture Barca are trying to paint. He’s being hung out to dry. Take a massive pay cut (and possibly agree to a reduction in his deferred salary - which Barca may also throw in) or leave getting Barca a salvaging transfer fee. He’s being stitched up despite me really wanting him at Utd.
Who else are being asked to take a pay cut for next season? I bet the local lads arent.

Redcy

This is what I don't understand, if he desperately wants to stay, he could just turn up to training and thats it. He has a contract, and Barca can't force him to move presumably?? All bullshit.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Just my opinion though.
The thing is though most of the supporters don't seem to rate him particularly highly or atleast feel he's adapt at the role he's given.

Really, I think the majority of the Barca fans would like to see the back of him, especially if that means bringing in the likes of Lewandowski.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This is what I don't understand, if he desperately wants to stay, he could just turn up to training and thats it. He has a contract, and Barca can't force him to move presumably?? All bullshit.
It's not that simple I don't think. If he pulls that move, which he's legally entitled to, then he could be partly responsible for the destruction of Barcelona as a football club. The fans will not be too kind if he thinks he can refuse a move and refuse a pay cut, when others have made those sacrifices.

Yes I get he's legally entitled to what is in his contract, but I don't think that is really an option for him.

sglowrider

Imagine being told you're not good enough in your favourite position, told to take a HUGE pay cut whilst someone is signed to take the wages you've just given up and still wanting to stay... I just can't see it happening.

It's clear Barca want him gone and if the wage cut doesn't do it, you know he's going to be told he has no future there. Barca will be all nicey nicey to the media, but behind the scenes they'll be ruthless I bet!
They will be laughing all the way to the bank when we do take Frenkie off their hands. Pulled a fast one.

Giggs' right foot

They will be laughing all the way to the bank when we do take Frenkie off their hands. Pulled a fast one.
Same bank that they've borrowed the 86 million euros it took to buy him from Ajax + the 48 million euros they've paid him in wages the three years he's been there?

Hardy pulling a fast one? :lol:

sglowrider

i bet lewandowski isn't
I bet Lewan is being offered a deferred salary BS too. He should just ask them to show him the money.

All this deferred payment crap reminds me of some countries I have worked in --- where half of the time chasing the clients down for the money they owe you in one department and at the same time asking for more work/money.

Bondi77

So all the talk about him keen to come to Utd was just clickbait....surprise surprise!

Dansk

I like Frenkie and i want to sign him but i have to say it. He is coming across as spineless by the day. Seems Barca can do whatever they want to their players while reciting the "mes que un cnut" .
He's on fecking vacation, mate. What's he supposed to do, cut it short and rush home to finalize a transfer away from his dream club?

Cloud7

These Spanish clubs really are something else. Perez and Madrid acting like Mbappe fecked all their mothers because he decided to stay at PSG, and Barcelona thinking a player should take a salary cut to stay at their club. The arrogance of these organizations is quite astounding.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So this isnt happening and if it does we are getting a player that doesn't want to be here.
Great. Another summer wasted

Gums

I‘d be at the opposite end of the spectrum in that case. His employer agrees to terms they (at the very least negligently) can‘t fulfill. They manage to talk him into agreeing to have his wage postponed. And finally, he would accept to tear up his original contract and sign a new one with noticeably worse terms.

I‘d have zero respect for anybody buying into a new round of the same crap again. Maybe, and only maybe, if the club was really restructuring and the club‘s regular staff would otherwise lose their jobs. But no, Barcelona want to continue signing other players for millions over millions. Disgraceful club leadership that should be forced to pay for every single penny promised.

sixdwarf

ETH wouldn't waste his time with this transfer if he wasn't sure de Jong would come. So unless de Jong or his agents are lying in their private conversations with ETH (unlikely seeing as we're signing other clients of his) then there's much more to this than is being reported
Ultimately words mean little in transfers. It is about formal signed agreements.
And the fact personal terms have not been discussed with De Jong yet is quite incredible. As that will really show the Dutchman's appetite for Old Trafford. And that should have been done.

One thing is for sure if we don't get him it will surpass anything that happened under Ed Woodward in terms of recruitment embarrassments.

Let's keep fingers crossed.

Ole'sattheWheel

Ultimately words mean little in transfers. It is about formal signed agreements.
And the fact personal terms have not been discussed with De Jong yet is quite incredible. As that will really show the Dutchman's appetite for Old Trafford. And that should have been done.

One thing is for sure if we don't get him it will surpass anything that happened under Ed Woodward in terms of recruitment embarrassments.

Let's keep fingers crossed.
I’d say nothing tops Ramos using us for a new contract that time. That was the most embarrassing transfer saga ever for any club, ever, for me.
Don’t get me wrong this would be bad but that Ramos one was like we were living in a scouser’s wet dream

prateik

If they are willing to give him ~15m a year gross, it would be around £13m.. which is 250k/week..

How much does he think he can get at United? I wouldve thought 250-300k.. hardly a massive bump up in wages..

I hope we arent trying to lure him with 400+k week ..

If its purely the wages and Barca do want to keep him at around ~15m gross, I hope he stays there.

I think they need him gone and free up those wages for a player that fits them better.. so its all nonsense.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If they are willing to give him ~15m a year gross, it would be around £13m.. which is 250k/week..

How much does he think he can get at United? I wouldve thought 250-300k.. hardly a massive bump up in wages..

I hope we arent trying to lure him with 400+k week ..

If its purely the wages and Barca do want to keep him at around ~15m gross, I hope he stays there.

I think they need him gone and free up those wages for a player that fits them better.. so its all nonsense.
I might be wrong, but I don’t think 250-300k is enough to lure him to United. He doesn’t even wants to come at first place, I reckon would take more money to convince him here, maybe 350-400k range .

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He could have avoided that by moving earlier as the signs were there. Seems a bit weak from him imo and we should set a deadline

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I find it quite ridiculous how Barca seem to be fleecing their own players while trying to get the likes of Lewandowski to the club with promises of a huge contract.

If this were Fergie era United, I'd say we give up trying to sign De Jong and let him and Barca sort themselves out and not do Barca any favours by giving them a large transfer fee for a player they want to be rid of.

But as it stands, we're in desperate need for quality players, which is what De Jong is, and it's clear how much our new manager wants him.

If I were to get to ask ETH one question right now, I'd be asking him is there really no alternative to Frenkie De Jong?

Mike Smalling

Hard to get excited for this, when all media stories consistently say that he doesn’t want to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.