Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Not sure what to make of that, except it's nothing we didn't already know. We know he loves Barca and wants to stay but it's very likely he's going to be flat out told he's not wanted when he returns from holiday.
Barca seem to be on a very slippery slope and it's not long before everything comes completely crashing down

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't like this option either, but it's something that I'm saying the club can do, a hypothesis in case FDJ doesn't want to lower his salary or go to another team.
This would not create any precedent because it is an exceptional case of an exceptional situation, such as a pandemic, and Bartomeu's negligence. Once the club accounts are balanced this will no longer happen.
Barcelona maybe could go that way, if they don't sign any new players.
However, forcing a player to accept a pay cut despite him having a valid contract due to financial constrains but then hiring multiple very expensive star players won't work for the club. Regarding to the pandemic, all clubs had to deal with it, so this won't count as an excuse.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Barcelona maybe could go that way, if they don't sign any new players.
However, forcing a player to accept a pay cut despite him having a valid contract due to financial constrains but then hiring multiple very expensive star players won't work for the club. Regarding to the pandemic, all clubs had to deal with it, so this won't count as an excuse.
Barca will never learn though.
They'll keep signing players on huge wages then wonder why things aren't going well, all the while asking their other players to take huge pay cuts out of their "love for the club".
As i said before, imagine how these guys must feel if they were on €280k a week, or €350k a week, to be told that they need to take a paycut to around €175k a week or less, just for another expensive star player to arrive on a huge €300k plus contract! Yes players want success, but it'd feel like a kick in the face and wouldn't solve anything at all

RedChisel

I can't shake the feeling that this transfer if it goes ahead will be a mistake.

If he does come here it will purely be for ETH. As soon as things aren't going well all the stories about him missing Barca, his fiance being unhappy in Manchester etc will come out.

Before you know it we've got another Pogba on our hands. An unmotivated, unhappy player who wants to be somewhere else.

Sorry I know negativity is frowned upon at the moment but just my 2 cents.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Barca will never learn though.
They'll keep signing players on huge wages then wonder why things aren't going well, all the while asking their other players to take huge pay cuts out of their "love for the club".
As i said before, imagine how these guys must feel if they were on €280k a week, or €350k a week, to be told that they need to take a paycut to around €175k a week or less, just for another expensive star player to arrive on a huge €300k plus contract! Yes players want success, but it'd feel like a kick in the face and wouldn't solve anything at all
This is the bit I’m struggling with, when those new players come in it will destroy the dressing room as you will be in the same locker room as someone who’s agreed to take a pay cut just so you can join and then be paid your ridiculous wages.

I’m pretty Sure they will then be asking the new players to take pay cuts , is this all part of their big plan?

let’s not forget the levers are a terrible deal, the general income of Barcelona will be impacted hugely in seasons to come. They should have just accepted they will be relying on La masia for a while and sell off most of their big players.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is the bit I’m struggling with, when those new players come in it will destroy the dressing room as you will be in the same locker room as someone who’s agreed to take a pay cut just so you can join and then be paid your ridiculous wages.

I’m pretty Sure they will then be asking the new players to take pay cuts , is this all part of their big plan?

let’s not forget the levers are a terrible deal, the general income of Barcelona will be impacted hugely in seasons to come. They should have just accepted they will be relying on La masia for a while and sell off most of their big players.
Could you imagine that... joining a club and being paid €350k a week only to be asked a few months later to take a 50% pay cut or have some wages deferred for a couple of seasons.
It's just insane and makes you wonder why they're doing it. They need to balance their books, get their finances in order and go from there without the use of any of these economic levers

cabbs1989

I can't shake the feeling that this transfer if it goes ahead will be a mistake.

If he does come here it will purely be for ETH. As soon as things aren't going well all the stories about him missing Barca, his fiance being unhappy in Manchester etc will come out.

Before you know it we've got another Pogba on our hands. An unmotivated, unhappy player who wants to be somewhere else.

Sorry I know negativity is frowned upon at the moment but just my 2 cents.
Barca want to get rid, if he wants to stay he will literally take a pay cut, we aren’t massively attractive understandably but Christ some posters make it sound like we are stoke, the guy is a professional footballer who will have a point to prove, has worked with the manager before where he was at his most successful, honestly this place

fps

Barca want to get rid, if he wants to stay he will literally take a pay cut, we aren’t massively attractive understandably but Christ some posters make it sound like we are stoke, the guy is a professional footballer who will have a point to prove, has worked with the manager before where he was at his most successful, honestly this place
If he stays, he doesn't have to take a pay cut at all.

Grande

If we don’t get De Jong then it doesn’t look good for us at all, year after year we have protracted transfer dealings like this, who knows what the truth is but either way, if we don’t get him it’ll be another poor summer.
Last season we got Jadon Sancho early, then Rafael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo. Before the season, many would say it was one of the best transfer windows for any club for a while. Year after year maybe isn’t so precise.

RedChisel

Where did I say we are like Stoke? We are still by far the biggest team in the UK but he doesn't want to leave Barca. He and his family enjoy the lifestyle they have there. He wont get that lifestyle in Cheshire.

Yeah this place. How dare anyone give an opinion that isn't he's definitely coming and he and his family will definitely love living here.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I think the point here is that Barcelona can’t keep him without a pay cut and therefore are relying on a good faith situation with FDJ that he accepts a pay reduction and his deferred payments.
He been messed about a lot by them first deferred payments accepted by the player , then they negotiate him leaving and public state he’s staying then ask him to take another significant pay cut. Baffling

TheHeya

Does De Jong have the same agent as Malacia? Just seen pics of Malacia and his agent at Carrington and so this could mean De Jong was discussed too.. speeding things up.

fps

I think the point here is that Barcelona can’t keep him without a pay cut and therefore are relying on a good faith situation with FDJ that he accepts a pay reduction and his deferred payments.
He been messed about a lot by them first deferred payments accepted by the player , then they negotiate him leaving and public state he’s staying then ask him to take another significant pay cut. Baffling
It is an insane situation. That Neymar transfer seems to have blown the doors off a few clubs in a serious, serious way. It's hard to think of a worse-managed club than Barca over the last ten years though. Nope, can't think of a siiingle one....

copen1945

This is dragging on a bit. It doesn't appear there is a date that works as a demarcation point. At this point, anytime before September will do.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I do wonder what would happen if he dug his heels in and said i'm not leaving, and i'm not taking a pay cut or deferring anymore of my salary.
He's signed to a contract that Barca have an obligation to honour... wouldn't it be incredible if he didn't want to leave because he loved the club, but was the catalyst for other players to do the same, ultimately destroying the club.

GoldanoGraham

Yes. Also Lindelof and Donny.
Well you can assume that this was discussed and everyone at Utd will be aware of what Frenkie is thinking and going to do. Saying that - they should know all ready and we should assume that we know the answer as we are continuing to pursue

Ollie Derbyshire

Last season we got Jadon Sancho early, then Rafael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo. Before the season, many would say it was one of the best transfer windows for any club for a while. Year after year maybe isn’t so precise.
Well Sancho rolled over from the year before so that took its sweet time, we’ve had many a failed prolonged transfer. We need a few seasons of getting our targets in to get rid of the negativity we have.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Barca fans rattled. You arrogant cnuts :lol:

Loving the meltdown on redcafe, they all became experts on financial issues of ours, insulting barca and laporta like we are some big ass villains of football world. I hope we wont sell fdj, but if we do i hope it would be to chelsea just to see them moan some more. fecking twats
That's same theme on every other football forum when talking Barca. Barca is the evil because they sign good players (potentially). They are just jealous of **** almost bankrupt club. Says more about them than us. Jelly jelly..
Yeah it's pretty embarrassing some of the mental gymnastics going on in that thread to convince themselves Frenkie wants to join United and is just keeping quiet as it might offend cules Never read so much bullshit.

They should be thankful Barca are trying to force him to leave as in normal circumstances, Frenkie wouldn't look twice at a midtable PL club. I hope for his sake he doesn't go there as it's pretty much career suicide.
Unreal stuff. I wont call it career suicide, Man Utd is a big club, but from what i saw their fan base and owners(i really dont know who is it) are total cnuts

Status
Not open for further replies.