Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If Barca are so intent on keeping FDJ why would they be discussing the transfer and agreeing on a fee? There has to be something in it and there’s still potential for it to happen, a lot depends on the player but I’m guessing that after dealing with his agent for Malacia we would have an idea that he’s open to a move if Barca need to sell.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If Barca are so intent on keeping FDJ why would they be discussing the transfer and agreeing on a fee? There has to be something in it and there’s still potential for it to happen, a lot depends on the player but I’m guessing that after dealing with his agent for Malacia we would have an idea that he’s open to a move if Barca need to sell.
They aren't they want to get rid of him.

Smores

the "offer" to stay on reduced wages is nothing more than posturing so that they can then blame the player for choosing the money when he leaves. Don't fall for Barcelonas propaganda.
Why would they need to blame the player? It's not their star player leaving

vanrooney

some of the barca fans will fall for it but it is only a sad pr move - de jong will be a united player in two weeks time

Berbaclass

No info from VDK on Frenkie. Ben Jacobs is on next though so he may shed some light on supposed the Chelsea interest.

big rons sovereign

You have dozens of posts on the last pages with fake news and then when reality hit you in the face you are going to start with ridiculous conspiracy theories. And that they have explained things to you several times.

A few days ago, Barça was obliged to sell before June 30... And now what? Well, now it will be more fake news.

And the user who said that the club paid me... Check out some of my comments, nobody here is more critical of Laporta than I am.
Bigly.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's been reported multiple times he's open to joining and that personal terms wouldn't be an issue.

The latest is that he is unwilling to take a paycut.
I'm fairly certain ETH wouldn't be insisting that we continue to push to sign him if he wasn't sure that de Jong would come or had assurances that he wants to play here. It would make no sense at all

Berbaclass

I'm fairly certain ETH wouldn't be insisting that we continue to push to sign him if he wasn't sure that de Jong would come or had assurances that he wants to play here. It would make no sense at all
Exactly, he also shares agents with Lindelof, Donny and now Malacia. No doubt there have been conversations to test the water before negotiations with Barca.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Exactly, he also shares agents with Lindelof, Donny and now Malacia. No doubt there have been conversations to test the water before negotiations with Barca.
I mean, lets be honest, how many transfers are actually done without the buying club knowing the player wants to play for them? I'd say very very very few, if any. It's pretty common knowledge that clubs sound out players agents and get assurances that they're open to the move and actually want to do it.

Green_Red

I'm probably in a minority but I don't want a player that would rather stay at Barca.

King Eric 7

I'm probably in a minority but I don't want a player that would rather stay at Barca.
At the end of the day, players want to feel valued. Barca may be a dream club for some players, but if they are not integral to a manager's plans and are asked to take a big pay cut they will soon start to think that just maybe they are in the wrong place, despite it being a childhood dream to play for that team.

Infestissumam

I mean, lets be honest, how many transfers are actually done without the buying club knowing the player wants to play for them? I'd say very very very few, if any. It's pretty common knowledge that clubs sound out players agents and get assurances that they're open to the move and actually want to do it.
of course, but since it's United, some people will believe it because in their mind we're the most daft and incompetent club in the world.

Someone

Something
I don't believe for one second that we've gone through all these negotiations without getting the green light from FDJ first. This isn't a small deal and we'd never waste so much time without getting assurances from the player. My guess is that there's a lot of bluffing going on here because Barca owes FDJ a lot of money, hence his public stance is that he's happy to stay. It's possible that Barca are pressuring him to give up some of the deferred money, and we're caught in the middle.

One thing is for sure, Barca need the money, and it's gonna come from the sale of FDJ.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If FDJ changes his mind (which is possible), then it shouldn't reflect badly on Utd.

But it would.
Chances are de Jong isn't going to change his mind.

Barca are covering their arses now and building the narriative that they want him to stay, they know he wants to stay, but to do so he'll have to accept a vastly reduced salary.
It'll be a case of we did all we can, we gave him a viable option of staying but he refused. They'll play the "He chose money over us" card

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Chances are de Jong isn't going to change his mind.

Barca are covering their arses now and building the narriative that they want him to stay, they know he wants to stay, but to do so he'll have to accept a vastly reduced salary.
It'll be a case of we did all we can, we gave him a viable option of staying but he refused. They'll play the "He chose money over us" card
Yeah, but he can obviously still change his mind. I'll celebrate the day he signs, but not before.

Ollie Derbyshire

If we don’t get De Jong then it doesn’t look good for us at all, year after year we have protracted transfer dealings like this, who knows what the truth is but either way, if we don’t get him it’ll be another poor summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.