Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Oh I’m sure they’ll just be so devastated when they’re able to plug in de Jong and Sterling into their starting 11. If Chelsea do indeed hijack the move and sign a CB then they’ve had a much better window than us.
And if they don’t then they haven’t. If we sign De Jong and a centre back then suddenly United are having the much better window. For all the talk of how poor we’ve been in the market, Chelsea haven’t signed anyone yet.

Hammondo

I thought this myth about Champions League football being the one true draw any club can have was debunked.

By us no less, with Pogba and Ibra.
For the type of wages we offer though, which CL teams wanted either? Were we not in the CL when Pogba came?

laughtersassassin

I thought this myth about Champions League football being the one true draw any club can have was debunked.

By us no less, with Pogba and Ibra.
I think there is a big difference from being out fo it once or twice to being out of it every second year.

We have proved we aren't a club that can build something. Why would a player think it's any different now.

So really it makes perfect sense we'd have to convince them

acnumber9

Chelsea are actually competent and will complete this transfer this week if they're serious.
Are they though? They’ve been linked to Kounde for about two years and Sterling has been linked for weeks. Neither have been signed yet.

sepulturite

The people that think it's all bogus are starting to sound more delusional than the folk that think it's dead in the water. In any case we'll know soon, Chelsea are actually competent and will complete this transfer this week if they're serious.
What, like all the other transfers they've completed this summer already?? Oh wait...

MUFC OK

I'm sorry but are you actually a United fan? It's hard to tell from the drivel your posting in here, and your Ronaldo fanboying (sorry for using that word mods, I hate it, but it's necessary here) in that thread too. Give it a rest mate.
What do you have to be positive about for next season? It's been a shitshow of a window in which we've not improved the starting XI in any single position and the glazers have saved nearly £1m a week in wages.

Our worst season ever and we've shown zero ambition to substantially improve aside from chasing De Jong all summer to no avail. All of the teams around us have shown more ambition and have brought in starters for their team. Sorry if optimism is at an all time low.

Newtonius

Are they though? They’ve been linked to Kounde for about two years and Sterling has been linked for weeks. Neither have been signed yet.
People definitely confusing their new board with Roman and Maria etc, who just didn't care about money and threw it about. This Todd guy definitely smells a lot like Woodward, apparently wants his first signing at Chelsea to be 'iconic' (Ronaldo). Should delay and delay and delay to get De Jong over the line :lol:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Damn it I want this to happen so bad, but im getting more and more worried its not going to...

acnumber9

De Ligt, Raphinha also...
And I’m sure plenty more if we were as glued to these negotiations as we are with United transfers. There’s no doubt United are slow operators but I don’t get why people to have to concoct notions that every other team is super efficient to make us look worse.

Even if we look at City and Liverpool as the best run clubs, they’ve had their feck ups. Sanchez and Van Dijk for example.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The people that think it's all bogus are starting to sound more delusional than the folk that think it's dead in the water. In any case we'll know soon, Chelsea are actually competent and will complete this transfer this week if they're serious.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh do behave for fecks sake!

Sterling was agreed what? 2 weeks ago? Still hasn’t signed. Competent my ass.

Sick to the back teeth of people taking dumps on the club. It’s fecking tiring!

….& to the think posters were quick enough to write off reports of United hijacking the Nunez deal

BarstoolProphet

FdJ spoke highly of Tuchel when he was close to a move to PSG back in the day. Tuchel probably always been interested since.

saivet

Unless Kovacic or Jorginho are on their way out, I'm not buying these Chelsea links.

CarbonStoolBites

Dithered about again like bunch of clowns.
Dithered with what? Did you expect us to just pay whatever Barca owe him in wages or what? Overpay again like we did so many times during the last decade?

The same poster in October: “Why do we always get rinsed and cucked in the market, we need to hire that geez from Liverpool as DOF” or something.

Jeez

TsuWave

Would be a major L if he ends up at Chelsea at this point, but maybe murda Murtough can still pull it off, hopefully

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Unless Kovacic or Jorginho are on their way out, I'm not buying these Chelsea links.
You'd probably have said the same about us buying Veron with Scholes and Keane back in the day, or Hargreaves with Scholes and Carrick. It's what big clubs do. Look at City's depth.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh do behave for fecks sake!

Sterling was agreed what? 2 weeks ago? Still hasn’t signed. Competent my ass.

Sick to the back teeth of people taking dumps on the club. It’s fecking tiring!

….& to the think posters were quick enough to write off reports of United hijacking the Nunez deal
Whether you care to admit or not, the club have constantly failed. There's nothing to suggest this will change this summer.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
They're pulling the 'say somebody else is interested in him' lever. That's all.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How many more times will this same tweet be posted.
You need to learn to not let this stuff bother you. It might be true, so what? It's one player.

Besides, we've had the same info about us being close to a deal being tweeted out for weeks now. The whole thing is a repetitive, boring mess.

Pertinent tweet

I didn't think Jamie Jackson is a decent source?

sepulturite

What do you have to be positive about for next season? It's been a shitshow of a window in which we've not improved the starting XI in any single position and the glazers have saved nearly £1m a week in wages.

Our worst season ever and we've shown zero ambition to substantially improve aside from chasing De Jong all summer to no avail. All of the teams around us have shown more ambition and have brought in starters for their team. Sorry if optimism is at an all time low.
Mate we are no length in to the transfer window, it only opened a week ago! We've signed one player, and are very likely to sign eriksen, Martinez and De Jong. The window is going just as well if not better than nearly all the other clubs in the league.

And the window is open until 1st September ffs, nearly 2 months from now, so get a grip seriously.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They have a decent MF with Connor whatshisface who was at Crystal Palace also returning for a place in the starting XI
Sounds more like La Porta whipping up the Spanish press to get us to cough up more $$$$.

Saying that we have been here before where we think we are at an advanced stage only for some other chumps to gazump us. I'm tired Robbie

Andy_Cole

This thread is so tedious now :lol:

I already know what's coming each day

"Mes Que un Club lol"

"Just pay Barca what they want. Also, pay De Jong what he's owed from Barca, and move on,"

"FdJ has been underwhelming, anyway. Just get Tielemans."

"Levers"

"See? He said they're not selling him."

"He doesn't want to come"

"It's over. Move on"

"Get a grip. It's just politics"

"I'm getting (insert here) Maria vibes"

"He's not a DM."
Should create a redcafe bingo drinking game

Real Name

You need to learn to not let this stuff bother you. It might be true, so what? It's one player.

Besides, we've had the same info about us being close to a deal being tweeted out for weeks now. The whole thing is a repetitive, boring mess.
Its not bothering me.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Kovacic was on his way out, we should be all over that. Similar strengths to Frenkie. Partly why I think this is BS — wouldn’t really work together they’re both pretty similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.