Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have no idea what you're saying. I feel like it's a repeat of my dinner table discussion with my 12 &13 year old kids who quote tik tok shite like i'm meant to understand it. 4 fingers??? Is it meant to be a double birdy
This comment is mid.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Alex hunter on talksport probably best explained the situation with barca finances and the de Jong transfer saga

Everything points de Jong 100% wanting to stay at barca and the only way he moves if he is forced out of the club kicking and screaming by not accepting to lower his wages to stay at barca.

I really don't see why we entertaining this move, i know ten hag wants him but it's degrading to the club that we are seen as the booby prize for de jong and would like to see us moving away from such situations like this.

what is it going to look like if after chasing after de Jong all summer, he does end up preferring to cut off a huge chunk of his weekly salary to stay at barca over joining us on improved wages.
Oh no... do we have another bell ringer here?

Yes reports say he wants to stay but he's said nothing in the last few weeks and nothing since a fee has been agreed. He could have easily put a stop to all of this and said "I have no intention of leaving, and I'm open to any resolution that enables me to stay".

But no, nothing. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. We don't know what he's saying to Ten Hag, or to Barca or to United in general. And I can guarantee you no one on talksport does either. The only ones who know the truth are ten Hag, de Jong, United and Barca. Aside from that it's all guesswork and opinion with scraps of info thrown in

Tony247

iHickey really padding the numbers in this thread, the officials may have to take a look at how many post have been recognizing his brilliant song and bring the page count back to a more accurate representation of muppetry.
At this point this thread is like camp fire. Everyone laid back just enjoying themselves waiting for red dawn.

RPT_Reddevil

In true transfer muppetry madness. To the tune of Stan:

My team wants me sold, I wonder why
I went out on tour at all
Morning rain clouds up my window
I'm Avoiding Ten Hag’s calls,
And even if I could, i'd call my agent today,
But my wage from this transfer stall
Reminds me, that it’s not so bad
It’s not so bad.

Dear Frankie, I text you but you still ain’t callin’
I left my snapchat, my whatsapp, and my home phone at the bottom
I put two offers in in autumn, you must not’ve got em
There probably was a problem with our fax machine or something’
But anyways, feck it, what’s been up man? How’s Xavi's Barca?
I heard they're in a lot of debt, at least, according to Marca
If we have to start with Martial, guess what ima do?
Im gonna have to sell Ronnie
I read about Xavi too, I’m sorry
We had the same thing with Ole, that bitch wouldn’t play Donnie
I know you hear this everyday, but I’m your biggest fan
I even got those old Ajax training ground videos with you and Staam
My phones full of your insta reels and your pictures man
Your transfer turned redcafe into Rawk too, this thread is fat

Anyways I hope you get this man, hit me back
Just to chat, i don’t mean to nag,
This is Hag
Gold :lol::lol:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It's a fascinating thread and am reading / posting with pleasure, but sometimes I look at the number of posts and it comes off like we might be signing a peak Messi or a 25 year old Ronaldo from Madrid....it's Frenkie De Jong- who Barca are happy to let go because they have a couple of 19 year olds who are showing promise

He will be a massive improvement in midfield given we are looking at Fred and McT, but let's face it, he's a deep lying midfielder are we're bouncing around the caf like we're signing someone who's gonna set OT on fire.
He absolutely IS going to set old Trafford on fire. Frenkie is unique - a playmaker who will transform the way we play and control the middle of the park. He is everything Pogba failed to be and more. Better than that we are getting him with the coach who gave him his big break, and who knows how to get the most out of him. It’s going to be beautiful, and he may not score all the goals himself but he will be the start of the move, the creator, the instigator and with him behind them Bruno, Martial, Rashford and Sancho will fill their boots.

We need an rvn

I hope your 12& 13 aren't watching Snatch . That's what it's from
Is that short for SnapChat as I blocked that app?
This comment is mid.
You're just pissing me off now as I had to google what that meant. Why not just say mediocre. my kids actually message me like this too and I have to decipher what they mean hell they are asking me for or want/
Philistine.
a : a person who is guided by materialism and is usually disdainful of intellectual or artistic values. b : one uninformed in a special area of knowledge I will happily be called that if it means not knowing what the latest tik tok / snap chat etc phrases mean.
Off I go to Urban Dictionary yet again.
See above

We need an rvn

He absolutely IS going to set old Trafford on fire. Frenkie is unique - a playmaker who will transform the way we play and control the middle of the park. He is everything Pogba failed to be and more. Better than that we are getting him with the coach who gave him his big break, and who knows how to get the most out of him. It’s going to be beautiful, and he may not score all the goals himself but he will be the start of the move, the creator, the instigator and with him behind them Bruno, Martial, Rashford and Sancho will fill their boots.
In my mind he's coming across like a Pirlo type player. Great distribution / ball retention who can retain possession and get the ball out to those who make the magic and he sits back like the midfield general.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Haha, slow friday right? To be honest it only took me 5mins to come up but holy shit guys thanks for the kind words, i've got like 35 notifications from this.
It's one of the best Caf posts about made up songs I've seen in my time, so credit is due

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
In my mind he's coming across like a Pirlo type player. Great distribution / ball retention who can retain possession and get the ball out to those who make the magic and he sits back like the midfield general.
I guess. He is the first player to receive the ball out from the back. The magic flows out from there. He oozes quality. This is why Neves/Tielemans would be such a huge downgrade should we go for them and why it’s sensible to wait it out, assuming we must have assurances to still be in to this long.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Haha, slow friday right? To be honest it only took me 5mins to come up but holy shit guys thanks for the kind words, i've got like 35 notifications from this.
The song was a work of art, can't believe it took 5 mins to come up with

Gazza

In true transfer muppetry madness. To the tune of Stan:

My team wants me sold, I wonder why
I went out on tour at all
Morning rain clouds up my window
I'm Avoiding Ten Hag’s calls,
And even if I could, i'd call my agent today,
But my wage from this transfer stall
Reminds me, that it’s not so bad
It’s not so bad.

Dear Frankie, I text you but you still ain’t callin’
I left my snapchat, my whatsapp, and my home phone at the bottom
I put two offers in in autumn, you must not’ve got em
There probably was a problem with our fax machine or something’
But anyways, feck it, what’s been up man? How’s Xavi's Barca?
I heard they're in a lot of debt, at least, according to Marca
If we have to start with Martial, guess what ima do?
Im gonna have to sell Ronnie
I read about Xavi too, I’m sorry
We had the same thing with Ole, that bitch wouldn’t play Donnie
I know you hear this everyday, but I’m your biggest fan
I even got those old Ajax training ground videos with you and Staam
My phones full of your insta reels and your pictures man
Your transfer turned redcafe into Rawk too, this thread is fat

Anyways I hope you get this man, hit me back
Just to chat, i don’t mean to nag,
This is Hag
:lol: In the words of Wreck it Ralf: Chapeau!

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Guys, I've been off this train for a week now.

My mood has improved, I'm more present, more focused...

Honestly, you'll feel a lot better if you let this one go.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Can honestly say I feel good and fine, and the confidence that he'll come is still sky high

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

You're just pissing me off now as I had to google what that meant. Why not just say mediocre. my kids actually message me like this too and I have to decipher what they mean hell they are asking me for or want/

a : a person who is guided by materialism and is usually disdainful of intellectual or artistic values. b : one uninformed in a special area of knowledge I will happily be called that if it means not knowing what the latest tik tok / snap chat etc phrases mean.

See above
It’s very much B.

We need an rvn

You are wumming right. Tell me you are wumming!!
Genuinely not wumming (had to google that to make sure it was what I think it means). I have little to no interest in modern apps and don't have a tik tok / snap chat / insta account etc. Modern slang means bollocks all to me and my kids can speak to me in proper English if they want a reply. I'm a good laugh but at 44, I can't be bothered downloading apps and modern slang when I should be more focused on shaving hair where I don't want it to grow and losing hair where I don't want to lose it!!

I like to watch Yellowstone on channel 5, kevin Costner, just to top off how cool I am

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
I have no idea what you're saying. I feel like it's a repeat of my dinner table discussion with my 12 &13 year old kids who quote tik tok shite like i'm meant to understand it. 4 fingers??? Is it meant to be a double birdy
Stop feeding your kids fecking tik tok shite and frozen chicken nuggets.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

We don't take no advice from a weakling.:cool:

bludsucker

Genuinely not wumming (had to google that to make sure it was what I think it means). I have little to no interest in modern apps and don't have a tik tok / snap chat / insta account etc. Modern slang means bollocks all to me and my kids can speak to me in proper English if they want a reply. I'm a good laugh but at 44, I can't be bothered downloading apps and modern slang when I should be more focused on shaving hair where I don't want it to grow and losing hair where I don't want to lose it!!

I like to watch Yellowstone on channel 5, kevin Costner, just to top off how cool I am
Come on mate. It’s a quote from the movie Snatch starring jason statham. An iconic movie and the best of all its from our time.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

See above
Just ask them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.