Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I genuinely feel sorry for him. I’m sure the move will happen and once he’s here he will love the club but on a moral level what’s happening is probably questionable.

WPMUFC

I genuinely feel sorry for him. I’m sure the move will happen and once he’s here he will love the club but on a moral level what’s happening is probably questionable.
It's actually crazy that anyone thinks FDJ/MUFC could even be close to the pantomime villain in this saga. It's all Barca and always has been. Barca were more than happy to agree a deal with us because they knew it was the best way to feck him. That's why i've never taken the "FDJ wants to stay and hates MUFC" BS for anything more than Barca circlejerking. FDJ knows exactly whats going on and anything his agent team say about staying is solely around getting the payout.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I hope when Barca finally agree a settlement with FDJ and approach us, we lowball them and take 10m off the offer. By then they will have such a backlog of players to register.

The cost of them pissing us around and him not being available for preseason.
Only for them to pull out and then we feck up months of negotiations only for us call the board inept! Then we all wallow in self pity about how shit of a club we are!

Am I right lads? This is how it’s done right?!

Last edited:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's actually crazy that anyone thinks FDJ/MUFC could even be close to the pantomime villain in this saga. It's all Barca and always has been. Barca were more than happy to agree a deal with us because they knew it was the best way to feck him. That's why i've never taken the "FDJ wants to stay and hates MUFC" BS for anything more than Barca circlejerking. FDJ knows exactly whats going on and anything his agent team say about staying is solely around getting the payout.
Pretty sure a lot of the stuff in the Spanish media is either a rehash of old reports, or they're stories put out by Barca to paint a picture to further their narrative. They want to make de Jong look like the bad guy, wanting money rather than to help the club. They'll make it appear as though he's indespensible to Barca, but if he's serious about staying, he has to take a pay cut as it's whats best for the club he supposedly loves.

It's just a mess, and i can understand why he doesn't want to do that, after being screwed around by the club in the past. Plus why should he be asked to take a pay cut just for other players to come in?

the_cliff

So Barca have agreed a fee with Seville for Kounde ?

They're really taking the piss this season aren't they ? :lol::lol::lol: FFP in the mud.

Chelsea fans must hate em, took Raphinha now Kounde.

Aeryis

So Barca have agreed a fee with Seville for Kounde ?

They're really taking the piss this season aren't they ? :lol::lol::lol: FFP in the mud.

Chelsea fans must hate em, took Raphinha now Kounde.
Wdym "FFP in the mud"? They don't have any money issues as they've sold parts of their club to generate revenue. Why would FFP come in for them?

the_cliff

Wdym "FFP in the mud"? They don't have any money issues as they've sold parts of their club to generate revenue. Why would FFP come in for them?
Because FFP is supposed to be a mechanism that helps clubs survive, keeps it fair for competition and stops radical decisions that could affect the long term future of a club. The fact that a club more than 1 billion in debt can spend the money Barca is spending despite Barca owing other teams money, despite owing their own players money is a joke and absolutely ridiculous.

Aeryis

Because FFP is supposed to be a mechanism that helps clubs survive, keeps it fair for competition and stops radical decisions that could affect the long term future of a club. The fact that a club more than 1 billion in debt can spend the money Barca is spending despite Barca owing other teams money, despite owing their own players money is a joke and absolutely ridiculous.

As I've said, they can make signings because they generated revenue by selling parts of their club. Plus they've restructured their debt significantly. And finally, Barcelona doesn't actually owe money to any players. What they did is renegotiate the players' salaries, the wages were never deferred. Barcelona doesn't legally owe Frenkie De Jong or anyone else anything.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I hope when Barca finally agree a settlement with FDJ and approach us, we lowball them and take 10m off the offer. By then they will have such a backlog of players to register.

The cost of them pissing us around and him not being available for preseason.
I like this.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
As I've said, they can make signings because they generated revenue by selling parts of their club. Plus they've restructured their debt significantly. And finally, Barcelona doesn't actually owe money to any players. What they did is renegotiate the players' salaries, the wages were never deferred. Barcelona doesn't legally owe Frenkie De Jong or anyone else anything.
So you're saying that players agreed to defer parts of their salary based on Barcas word?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I'm sorry, but if you're constantly selling part of your club to pay off debt and stay afloat, i'm guessing that you have HUGE money issues. So yeah... thats a bit of a daft statement

the_cliff

So Barca doesn't owe Messi ? Pique ? FDJ is not getting a huge bump in salary this season ? Coutinho fee to Liverpool still not paid fully ?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Laporta... is that you? You seem to know a lot about Barcas finance and dealings. FREE FRENKIE!!

AndySmith1990

How can anyone claim that a club with over a billion pound of debt has no money issues? The fact that they are having to sell future revenue itself is proof that there are significant money issues

Suv666

I just sold my house and now living in my car.

But I don't have any money issues.

Aeryis

I'm sorry, but if you're constantly selling part of your club to pay off debt and stay afloat, i'm guessing that you have HUGE money issues. So yeah... thats a bit of a daft statement
You do know we're privately owned, right?

mctrials23

I just sold my house and now living in my car.

But I don't have any money issues.
You should have just signed away 25% of your salary for the next 25 years and then gone and bought a new car and some hookers. The increased status from the new car would more than compensate the lost salary due to all the promotions you will be getting when your bosses see that shiny new car.

Anustart89

How about La Liga's wage cap that doesn't let them register the last three players they've signed? I mean, what's the point of signing players if you can't register them to play in the league?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
You should have just signed away 25% of your salary for the next 25 years and then gone and bought a new car and some hookers. The increased status from the new car would more than compensate the lost salary due to all the promotions you will be getting when your bosses see that shiny new car.
Selling my future salary... Mmm... Sounds intriguing...

Aeryis

How is this relevant?
It's just weird, we're criticising Barcelona for selling parts of their club to private owners when we've sold 100% of our club to private owners; so has the rest of the league. So has almost all of Germany excluding Bayern and I think Dortmund with their 51%. Selling parts of the club to generate revenue is what everyone in the footballing world does.

Aren't we also in debt? Aren't we also forsaking our revenue to American billionaires, giving them over a billion pounds in 12 or so years?

It seems like a lot of you are misdirecting your frustrations here. We can't get De Jong (and probably won't), so you're focusing on criticising Barcelona's finances and predicting their downfall. "No way they can keep registering players! They'll have to sell when they just keep buying...? But they owe him wages! How?! How?!". As we've seen La Liga has some pretty strict rules in regards to their clubs' finances, all these operations wouldn't be possible without their go ahead. Barcelona can sign players. They're fine. They'll be fine a year from now, and 5 years from now.

Instead of all this pointless rambling regarding FFP and whining about Barcelona's finances, you should all direct your attention to Murtough, his cronies, the Glazers, and Erik ten Hag for all collectively deciding that the only central midfielder in Europe capable of substantially improving upon Mctominay and Fred is Frenkie De Jong. If we were a normally run club we would have moved on to other targets by now and our midfield would be significantly stronger. But no, De Jong is the be all and end all of holding midfielders.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It's just weird, we're criticising Barcelona for selling parts of their club to private owners when we've sold 100% of our club to private owners; so has the rest of the league. So has almost all of Germany excluding Bayern and I think Dortmund with their 51%. Selling parts of the club to generate revenue is what everyone in the footballing world does.

Aren't we also in debt? Aren't we also forsaking our revenue to American billionaires, giving them over a billion pounds in 12 or so years?

It seems like a lot of you are misdirecting your frustrations here. We can't get De Jong (and probably won't), so you're focusing on criticising Barcelona's finances and predicting their downfall. "No way they can keep registering players! They'll have to sell when they just keep buying...? But they owe him wages! How?! How?!". As we've seen La Liga has some pretty strict rules in regards to their clubs' finances, all these operations wouldn't be possible without their go ahead. Barcelona can sign players. They're fine. They'll be fine a year from now, and 5 years from now.

Instead of all this pointless rambling regarding FFP and whining about Barcelona's finances, you should all direct your attention to Murtough, his cronies, the Glazers, and Erik ten Hag for all collectively deciding that the only central midfielder in Europe capable of substantially improving upon Mctominay and Fred is Frenkie De Jong. If we were a normally run club we would have moved on to other targets by now and our midfield would be significantly stronger. But no, De Jong is the be all and end all of holding midfielders.
Well put. But don't go around stating that Barca don't have any money issues. They have.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Who is she and how is this relevant?
she had an affair with Dembele a couple of years back and thus some tier 1 knowledge he whispered her during sexy time. Since then everyone still thinks she is tier 1. Until she has another affair with a player, I'd not rate her tier 1 anymore.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They borrowed money from the future, they didn't generate revenue.

Enigma_87

You know who

Barca are 450m clear in the debt ranking league compared to the second placed team - Juve. 1.35bln compared to United's 570m debt. It's almost three times bigger, but don't that get in the way of your calculations.

There is absolutely no difference if they are privately owned or not when the finances are in the mud. Is it relevant whose name is on top of that pile of crap?

They also needed to go and force their best players to take pay cuts in the last two years to comply with the league rules. On top of that they are waging on their future earnings in the next 25 years just to balance the books today!

They still have players on crazy wages that won't leave and most likely are no use to them. Additionally they are bringing players like Lewa who will have little resale value and are still on great wages.

Barca is banking on making it deep in Europe in the next couple of seasons or they are in serious trouble.

Saying they don't have money issues is batshit crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.