Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I mean, Romero sat there thinking. What could be my new one liner? Something catchy to go with "Here we go". Oo, what about "Things are happening"? Yes. Yes!

Nobody stopped him. They must've felt too intimidated by his social media footprint. Yes Gerard. Perfect! Things are happening. WTAF.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Cantonalegod

Everything "owed" still lies in the future. It's an embarrassing and false Social Media narrative, that barca doesn't pay their players. All they did was deffer the payments in the future years on which every player agreed. Barca thus restructred the contracts to pay them more money for the last years of their contract. So why should LaLiga or players lawyers step in on contracts they signed themselves?
So you are quite happy for him to stay until 2026 and pick up his contracted wages then?

If so, good on you!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yup. Even the tapas brigade are well catered for in Manchester these days.
Absolutely... quite a few nice places in Manchester for tapas. I used to work with some Spanish colleagues and went into Manchester for tapas a few times with them and some others

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Express are the absolute worst with their trickster headlines luring readers to their website.

The article has absolutely no updated news. Xavi at the very beginning of this saga hinted he could leave due to the clubs financial issues.
Yes, I only posted the link for acknowledgement of the photo source. There's no info of any interest in the article!

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Everything "owed" still lies in the future. It's an embarrassing and false Social Media narrative, that barca doesn't pay their players. All they did was deffer the payments in the future years on which every player agreed. Barca thus restructred the contracts to pay them more money for the last years of their contract. So why should LaLiga or players lawyers step in on contracts they signed themselves?
So if its a defferred payment is it true that it becomes void once the player leaves? Maybe that's the issue then holding this up, just trying to understand as I didnt know that was the case.

Is it true they are asking players like FDJ to reduce his salary this season to facilitate new signings?

La Liga should step in as they are asking to defer payments, its going to catch up on them in the future and then what happens when they dont have the money? How can they sign new players and ask players to reduce salaries again. This isnt responsible ownership and putting the club at risk. I get why they are doing it, success on the pitch breeds new money, but surely a season or two trying to clear down some of the debt and reducing the wage bill would be beneficial in the long run? La Masia surely has a fantastic talent pool to pick from.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Not sure about the other players.

However, with FdJ it's been repeated multiple times on this very forum Barcelona does not owe him any money legally, that is if my understanding is correct. FdJ signed an updated contract which included his deferred salary and fresh signing-on fee built in over the length of his new contract. The old contract when he signed from Ajax becomes void.

FdJ on his part is perfectly happy/entitled to stay until and unless he is paid his deferred salary and any signing-on fee to facilitate his move to United.
Ah right, thanks for the explanation, just a part time observer of the dealings and skim through what the media portray as fact and take it as gospel so excuse my ignorance.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If De Jong has changed his contract with Barcelona then Barcelona owe him shit all.

That means the only way De Jong forces him to get any of that money back is by forcing himself to stay at a club that does not want to keep him.

We either pay him this money or I simply don’t see how this happens.

Paul778

I hope when Barca finally agree a settlement with FDJ and approach us, we lowball them and take 10m off the offer. By then they will have such a backlog of players to register.

The cost of them pissing us around and him not being available for preseason.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I hope when Barca finally agree a settlement with FDJ and approach us, we lowball them and take 10m off the offer. The cost of them pissing us around and him not being available for preseason.
Changing an agreed offer last second surely worked wonders in the past

Sir Erik ten Hag

If De Jong has changed his contract with Barcelona then Barcelona owe him shit all.

That means the only way De Jong forces him to get any of that money back is by forcing himself to stay at a club that does not want to keep him.

We either pay him this money or I simply don’t see how this happens.
It's up to De Jong: Choose money or ETH?

We also need to make it clear to De Jong that it's either this summer, or never. Next year we'd not go for him even if we still need a midfielder of his ilk. That's a short-term pain for a long-term gain. We happily waited 1 year for Sancho, and De Jong thinks he can do the same thing to us, no worries. It's time United needs to make a proper stance in the transfer market: The chance to join us does not come around often. We may miss out on De Jong due to this "policy", but we will not be taken for granted by other players in the future again.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's up to De Jong: Choose money or ETH?

We also need to make it clear to De Jong that it's either this summer, or never. Next year we'd not go for him even if we still need a midfielder of his ilk. That's a short-term pain for a long-term gain. We happily waited 1 year for Sancho, and De Jong thinks he can do the same thing to us, no worries. It's time United needs to make a proper stance in the transfer market: The chance to join us does not come around often. We may miss out on De Jong due to this "policy", but we will not be taken for granted by other players in the future again.
Money or Poundland Pep :drool:

feck me that’s some spin right there. :lol:

No Barcelona do owe their players money, and they achieved what you are saying by putting players into a position of emotional blackmail, where the club was utterly fecked and wouldn’t have even been able to register a squad if they didn’t take a wage deferral. This would have also fecked over the players themselves because they might not even have had a team to play in, it could’ve been a situation that Barça would’ve bankrupted the club without it.
And Barça agreed to pay all these deferred payments in the future, but like feck they wanna do that, from all reports they want Frenkie gone before they have to do such a thing, they really don’t wanna pay the ridiculous sums they owe Pique. According to many Catalan reports they are hoping like hell that Pique retires next Summer so they can avoid paying him monies owed.
But they’ve no problem spunking the kind of money that would’ve allowed them to repay those wages on Lewa, and Raphinha and big contracts for other new players.
But yeah, let’s pretend Barça have acted gracefully and respectfully to their players :lol:

For the likes of FdJ and even Pique, Barça have attempted to play the long con.

Just think for a single second about what would have happened to your football club if these players did not agree to defer their wages? It’s a situation I’m sure you dare not think of because you would have ended up utterly fecked, playing a squad full of youth & paying incredibly high wages for players you couldn’t even play in La Liga.
You’d have been out of the Champions League for the past two seasons, and your financial situation would’ve been utterly horrendous. And make no mistake this was told to these players in no uncertain terms in 2020, pure emotional blackmail.

Last edited:

Acquire Me

Thanks mate.

Maybe Frankie misses his GF?
It is safe to say he does. If everyone high up, including Xavi, want him to leave and the fact his teammates knows, it’s going to be a hard setting to be in. It’s unreal that Barca can’t settle the score with him when they have accepted the transfer with us.

It’s not going to be easy for him staying. It’s to much economical madness going on and obviously he is the one they have choose to sacrifice.

I am amazed that they are running this slow and painful strategy tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.