Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The only reason he’d stay at Barca is because of lifestyle (which includes his and his families happiness, which isn’t something which should be scoffed at).

If it’s a footballing decision, then it’s a no brainer to come to united and have a team built around you in your favoured position, playing for a coach who knows you. No matter what anyone says, that trumps a year in the CL.

But as I say, the lifestyle factor is a huge one. I could see it going either way
Absolutely agree there. Lifestyle will be a huge one, and absolutely no one could blame him for wanting to stay in Barca for the lifestyle.

I live in Manchester and would prefer to live in somewhere like Spain for the lifestyle

suheilsworld

With FDJ not being first choice for CM at Barca , have we heard quotes from LVG asking him to move to a club where he’s a starter so that he can be at WC?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Absolutely agree there. Lifestyle will be a huge one, and absolutely no one could blame him for wanting to stay in Barca for the lifestyle.

I live in Manchester and would prefer to live in somewhere like Spain for the lifestyle
However, when you're very rich you can have a lovely lifestyle anywhere. There are plenty of multi-millionaires who live in the UK through choice!

wolvored

Do you think if we were a London side and in the Champions League with TH as manager, he would have signed by now?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
However, when you're very rich you can have a lovely lifestyle anywhere. There are plenty of multi-millionaires who live in the UK through choice!
That's very true.

Don't get me wrong I do love it here and it's all I've ever known, but I'd love the chance to experience somewhere new, more Australia that elsewhere in Europe though. I suppose if you've got the money, you could make anywhere home.

Longshanks

You could definitely play a bingo based drinking game with this thread, just take a shot everytime someone mentions the following in a post:

Big day today
Done deal
Just walk away
Its embarrassing
Deferred wages
17 million
He dosent want to come
Ruben Neves
Youri Tielemans
Fecking John Mcginn
Muppets
Bell ringers

I reckon you would be smashed pretty quick.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just sent him and Mikky a picture of the Printworks on instagram. Should be done deal soon x

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
You could definitely play a bingo based drinking game with this thread, just take a shot everytime someone mentions the following in a post:

Big day today
Done deal
Just walk away
Its embarrassing
Deferred wages
17 million
He dosent want to come
Ruben Neves
Youri Tielemans
Fecking John Mcginn
Muppets
Bell ringers

This'll be a very short game

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Big day today
Done deal
Just walk away
Its embarrassing
Deferred wages
17 million
He dosent want to come
Ruben Neves
Youri Tielemans
Fecking John Mcginn
Muppets
Bell ringers

I’ve just sent everyone for a shot immediately without even seeing this :lol:

Penna

Staff
That's very true.

Don't get me wrong I do love it here and it's all I've ever known, but I'd love the chance to experience somewhere new, more Australia that elsewhere in Europe though. I suppose if you've got the money, you could make anywhere home.
You can make anywhere home, even if you're not rich. In the end, it's all about the people you have with you. I've lived outside the UK for 4 years now, we've only been back once for a few weeks two years ago.

Top footballers have to move around during their playing careers if they're ambitious, but by the time they're in their late 30s it's all over. They have the rest of their lives to live in one place!

Aeryis

Of the two I'll take Fred. Scott has to give way for Eriksen so at the end it's not so bad.
Fred and Eriksen is a suicidal midfield. So is FdJ and Eriksen (even though the quality is obvious). The midfield recruitment this summer has been atrocious. We should've recruited at least one defensively strong box to box midfield regardless of the FDJ situation. I've seen enough of Fred over the past 4 years to know that he's not reliable enough for controlling games, even though he's capable of quality here and there.

Surely global warming is counting in Manchester's favour?
A good portion of Europe ( I don't know about Northern Europe) will transition to a near sub-tropical climate by 2050. A bit out of reach for Frenkie I think.

OrcaFat

Big day today
Done deal
Just walk away
Its embarrassing
Deferred wages
17 million
He dosent want to come
Ruben Neves
Youri Tielemans
Fecking John Mcginn
Muppets
Bell ringers

I like that idea. I might wait until later before starting.

OrcaFat

Fred and Eriksen is a suicidal midfield. So is FdJ and Eriksen (even though the quality is obvious). The midfield recruitment this summer has been atrocious. We should've recruited at least one defensively strong box to box midfield regardless of the FDJ situation. I've seen enough of Fred over the past 4 years to know that he's not reliable enough for controlling games, even though he's capable of quality here and there.
Some people will tell you our players are obviously good because they play for Manchester United and only need to be coached properly. I agree with you.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
You can make anywhere home, even if you're not rich. In the end, it's all about the people you have with you. I've lived outside the UK for 4 years now, we've only been back once for a few weeks two years ago.

Top footballers have to move around during their playing careers if they're ambitious, but by the time they're in their late 30s it's all over. They have the rest of their lives to live in one place!
Couldn't agree more there. If you've got people around you that care for you and want to be with you, it doesn't matter where you go really. The advantage the rich have is they can pretty much do whatever they want to make things perfect for them (expensive house, nice car etc). Saying that, money can't buy the important things in life.

I suppose that's the thing with football. It's such a short career that quite a lot of the times players do chase the money because when it's over, that's it. Their careers can also end in an instant too. One bad injury and its over.

LordSpud

Who do we think ETH might use to mold into the Frenkie role? He's always said he wants no alternative and if we cant get him he will use what he has... any ideas?

OrcaFat

Couldn't agree more there. If you've got people around you that care for you and want to be with you, it doesn't matter where you go really. The advantage the rich have is they can pretty much do whatever they want to make things perfect for them (expensive house, nice car etc). Saying that, money can't buy the important things in life.

I suppose that's the thing with football. It's such a short career that quite a lot of the times players do chase the money because when it's over, that's it. Their careers can also end in an instant too. One bad injury and its over.
That last point about chasing the money because it could end any time, that’s the agent’s mantra. Every contract could be your last so cash in while you can.

Penna

Staff

Yes, and we forget that for most professional footballers this isn't an issue because they don't get courted by clubs in other countries. They play out their whole careers in League 1 and whatever the equivalent is in other countries - but then, they don't earn the big bucks. The players we discuss on this forum are the elite few, even the ones we don't particularly rate. It's all relative.

Redcy

Who do we think ETH might use to mold into the Frenkie role? He's always said he wants no alternative and if we cant get him he will use what he has... any ideas?
When ? Quote? He never said fdj or no one?? He said only the right player or noone

Hackman2210

feck him off, where did our pride go. The prick is taking a paycut to stay at a club that doesnt want him.
Even If he does sign eventually, Roy Keane will break into his house one night and eat him with some fava beans and a fine chianti.
It wont end well.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He'll regret this. I posted in the Ronaldo thread the same.

Yes our club is in a low point and has been for a couple of years but all these people acting like we're Everton or West Ham.

De Jong will regret not leaving Barcelona.

Redcy

A good portion of Europe ( I don't know about Northern Europe) will transition to a near sub-tropical climate by 2050. A bit out of reach for Frenkie I think.
Did you see any of eriksen at inter? My guess is he thinks dejongeriksen could work like dejong/schone, despite what bollocks people spout schone was never a tackling ball winner he is a passing breaker up of plAy, more like carrick than anything else. I agree though red/eriksen would be shit, so would neves/Fred, neves/eriksen, neves/tielemans all would get played off the park.

Redcy

feck him off, where did our pride go. The prick is taking a paycut to stay at a club that doesnt want him.
Even If he does sign eventually, Roy Keane will break into his house one night and eat him with some fava beans and a fine chianti.
It wont end well.
What? De jong hasn’t said anything yet? You do remember timber right? The guy who said no and we immediately moved on from??

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Did you see any of eriksen at inter? My guess is he thinks dejongeriksen could work like dejong/schone, despite what bollocks people spout schone was never a tackling ball winner he is a passing breaker up of plAy, more like carrick than anything else. I agree though red/eriksen would be shit, so would neves/Fred, neves/eriksen, neves/tielemans all would get played off the park.
So, Fred+McT > Fred+Eriksen?

WPMUFC

What's the thread title change about?
Some garbage tier 5 source claims Xavi and fdj had a chat about his future and position and "both left the meeting happy" which then brought out the doomer crew to decry the saga was finished, that being happy was likely a sign of him staying..... absolute tosh to rile up people in the thread.

Gurtej

I don’t mind us going until last day of window chasing him as in my view he is worth every effort.

Saying that the thought of potentially going in the season with Mcfred makes me just sad (not adding Eriksen as he will play close to attack)…If not FDJ, I just want to add one quality midfielder!!

CH23

So many pages and still no positive news so i give up. This transfer won't happen.

Redcy

So, Fred+McT > Fred+Eriksen?
feck no, if he tells us he is barcas bitch, then we move on and have to buy more players. Going to cost us though. If you bring in neves you have to buy a quick , strong ball winner, not many around we can easily buy though.
Sangare is available but v raw and a massive gamble stepping up in league quality, never been all that.

Ndidi and neves would cost 50m each minimum and not convinced about ndidi

not sure who else you get for neves, anguissa, gaglardini from inter??

Status
Not open for further replies.