• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

'Manchester United will raise their offer to 70m+ bonuses for the Dutchman

The club is still convinced it will come out'
This is not the translation.

MU continue to submit their offer of 70m+ for the Dutchman. The club continue to be convinced that he will leave.

There is nothing new going on. Same situation.

GreatDane

Because City have better players i would have thought.

FDJ will be a disaster in the prem far too lightweight
Yes, all the top players in England are big brutes who get by on tackling, downing pints in half time and then head butts.

izec

Slowly slowly but its quite clear how this will end. Rather it was all done and dusted asap though obviously.
My biggest fear is someone hijacking it once they know the fee Barca are willing to accept. I want this done asap, 10m more or not

Strats

I hope we get this done quickly now. Wouldn't surprise me if City eventually swoops in if we won't act fast enough

STYLOISRED

Not surprised clubs still feel they can squeeze their full valuation out of us given our transfer business over the years.

The amount of Culés online confused and bemused about haggling over Frenkie when we spent 90m euros on Maguire no questions asked has been funny :lol:
Then they are clueless. Woody is gone, Judge is on the way out. If they think this current team are going to pay 80mil for Dejong then they are in for a very big surprise.

allen7

Its more complicated deal than we all think.

Barcelona wants money from any club but no one’s going to pay such big money with his wages, if there’s another club ready to pay then Barca would’ve reached an agreement already.

Frenkie is a very particular type of midfield profile and would increase a team’s quality immediately on a team like us but without CL he needs convincing and ETH to do that.

We are looking to build a team around a player like Frenkie but his price is not in our range, if we don’t get him we’ll look for someone else and invest money elsewhere but ETH believes its easy to work with a known player to implement his style of football.

So its either going to be ETH to finally say lets stop chasing him or united to find a fair price in the deal. If Barca can’t get rid of them, it’s their loss and have to pay his wages for the remaining term. There’s nothing Barca can do much here and simply wait for us to make a call.

I think we should really do 1or 2 midfield signings like vitinha or eriksen and that would settle the dust.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
This is not the translation.

MU continue to submit their offer of 70m+ for the Dutchman. The club continue to be convinced that he will leave.

There is nothing new going on. Same situation.
Our previous offer was 60+ so how can we be offering the same when this is 70+?

Judas

Open to offers
The nutters on here saying we should walk away over 10 or so million so we can what go buy an inferior player and have our new manager rethink his plans seems bloody stupid to me.

Rolaholic

Our previous offer was 60+ so how can we be offering the same when this is 70+?
Romero specifically said we're raising the offer to 70m+ bonuses, that's a new bit of info after the 60m+ bonuses was reportedly already turned down.

He's been ahead of everyone on this so far

Last edited:

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Just. Pay. It.

We're going to potentially lose out over peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
This is it. Look at Liverpool. Is Darwin Nuñez worth what they paid? Right now, probably not. But they got the deal done. It might not pay off - no transfer is a cert, but it might well pay off. We spend literally months negotiating 10-15m, and potentially miss out on other targets. I could understand the patience in the de Jong deal if it felt like anything else was happening and we were progressing other deals. The most frustrating issue is that this seems to be our only focus.

RopersReturn

why does no UCL affect Barça asking price? I understand it will affect salary negotiations with FDJ but not seeing the correlation with Barça
Because De Jong will feel it as an insensitive to join a club that’s struggling as much as we’ve been recently. UCL qualification would at least have given the opportunity to compensate.

hobbers

Makes no sense to jeapordise the summer and our squad next season for the sake of £10m.

Pay the money or change the target you half wits.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
If this is the one signing ETH wants, then just pay the fee, and move on. Make do with whatever funds we have on the secondary players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope we're not that dumb to end up missing out on FdJ over 15-20m. I 100% agree with being smarter with negotiations, and hopefully it happens in the end as that's all it matters .. but if we miss out on him, it'll be a blood bath on here, as the option to sign Frenkie de Jong with Ten Hag as manager and our needs is not one of those players you "drive a hard line" and "walk away from" over a relatively small amount. You just get it done if it can be done for a non outrageous amount.

He's not 2nd or 3rd option on the list, he is quite literally the dream target. The best possible player we can sign for that option, the best possible target we could sign for our new manager who got the best out of him before. You just get this signing done if you can get it done.

F-A-C-T-S

I think we should walk away. The cost, wages, and de Jong’s ambivalence are all major red flags, in my opinion.
All the signs of a major flop who won't want to be here after a few months. Really think we should avoid this type of signing. 300k a week? Come on.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hadn't realised he was on 350k a week already at Barca. Thought he'd have been on closer to 200k at his stage of his career.
Jesus Christ Barca have been ran worse than we have.

Definitely makes me question whether we should be looking elsewhere. Those kind of wages on players has probably led to squad unrest at United as it is.
Isn't Sancho on 350k already?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Makes no sense to jeapordise the summer and our squad next season for the sake of £10m.

Pay the money or change the target you half wits.
It’s worth quite a bit to ensure we have him in, settled and ready for the start of pre season

croadyman

Surely he's not classing him as the Defensive Midfield signing, only ask because doesn't reference a DM in the tweet below.

I also tend to think that the striker target has become more of a right forward with Nunez gone to scousers.

Be interesting to hear who Fabrizio thinks are the full back targets too, centre back names have already been touted.

Stadjer

Yeah I believe he is. Another mistake.
Do you even like footballer who have some flair? You hated Pogba, Sancho is a mistake and are already consider looking elsewhere instead of buying Frenkie de Jong. Im guessing you werent a fan of Nani either? Do you turn on the tv to enjoy 90 minutes of Scott McTominay?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some of you are terrible negotiators.
The amount of dim posts saying just pay this extra mere 10-15m when it's already 60-70 high are amazing aren't they.
Probably said it for every high priced deal we've made in the last 5 years and learnt nothing.
Like the fact we need a number of players, not just wad it all one one guy.
Oh but we'll make 100m in sales won't we...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If this is the one signing ETH wants, then just pay the fee, and move on. Make do with whatever funds we have on the secondary players.
Pretty much how I see it. This is clearly Erik's man so we have to get him.

His wage is a concern though but not enough of one to put me off.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pogba was on 290k. There is no way Sancho is on 350k.
Probably that's why Pogba was pissed? I mean, a nothing player like Martial is on 250k, and we made DDG, Varane, and Ronaldo way more that 290k.

Status
Not open for further replies.