Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

He's arrived for his first day back, one of the earliest. Probably wants to say goodbye right... Right :nervous:
[/QUOTE]
Hopefully we get a video of him driving straight through the barriers on the way out of that prison, Jesse breaking bad style.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The worry is that we can't put it past Laporta to suddenly pull another economic lever to allow Barca to keep FDJ while also able to sign Lewandonski and Raphinha. Laporta has no qualms about selling more of Barca future. Barca supporters have no problem either because Laporta has the support of the majority.

This deal looks like it could be potentially drag on entire window and we could end up with nothing. We really need to give both FDJ and Barca a deadline. After that we have to move on. We really need to strengthen our midfield and don't want to be left to panic buy at the end of the window.
The economic lever doesn't change the wage bill. Keeping de Jong and giving Lewandowski what he'll demand can't both happen if they want other signings.

dove

Can't wait for some training pics so our experts group here could analyse his body language

Cypriot

Can't wait for some training pics so our experts group here could analyse his body language
“As you can see he opened his foot to a 70 degree angle whilst making that pass. Normally he opens it to a 90 degree angle… and if I place my compass just here… you can see the direction his foot is pointing at is that of Manchester. It’s on like donkey kong”

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Luckhurst saying we have a €55m deal agreed with Barcelona for de Jong with the ball now in Barca's court to resolve the deferred wages issue which is stopping the deal from advancing.

Damn, that doesn't sound great re Martinez and Antony.

He's arrived for his first day back, one of the earliest. Probably wants to say goodbye right... Right :nervous:
Keen to impress Xavi and save his Barca career, first one in to training! :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
“As you can see he opened his foot to a 70 degree angle whilst making that pass. Normally he opens it to a 90 degree angle… and if I place my compass just here… you can see the direction his foot is pointing at is that of Manchester. It’s on like donkey kong”
"His arm is outstretched and index finger pointing, you might think he's pointing to another player, but no! If you analyse the shadows you can clearly see him pointing towards Manchester. It's on."

Werder Herzog

We seem to be being completely naive this window. We have a new manager with new ideas and even if the modus operandi is for Joel Glazer to have to check every little detail on a deal you would think as owners they would throw the playbook out and gotten the majority of the players he wanted within the first few weeks of the window being open ready for the tour so he could bed them into the squad and have everyone playing to the same style. As usual though their dithering is slowing us down. Surely by now we should know whether it's more likely that the deal happens or not and if it's not looking good just move on. This isn't me saying this being a bored fan clamouring for info every few seconds by the way - it's saying it from the point of view that those in the upper echelons of the club have learnt lessons from previous windows, swift deals can be done if you want them- look how quick we got Ronaldo last year and how quick Liverpool got Nunez this year- its detrimental to any plans ETH has to be moving so slowly surely? My only optimism for next season stems from that we seem to have a coach who will improve who we already have barring a couple of pillocks in the squad with nothing between their ears. This summer is already starting to reek of last minute Dybala on deadline day.

RkkMan

We seem to be being completely naive this window. We have a new manager with new ideas and even if the modus operandi is for Joel Glazer to have to check every little detail on a deal you would think as owners they would throw the playbook out and gotten the majority of the players he wanted within the first few weeks of the window being open ready for the tour so he could bed them into the squad and have everyone playing to the same style. As usual though their dithering is slowing us down. Surely by now we should know whether it's more likely that the deal happens or not and if it's not looking good just move on. This isn't me saying this being a bored fan clamouring for info every few seconds by the way - it's saying it from the point of view that those in the upper echelons of the club have learnt lessons from previous windows, swift deals can be done if you want them- look how quick we got Ronaldo last year and how quick Liverpool got Nunez this year- its detrimental to any plans ETH has to be moving so slowly surely? My only optimism for next season stems from that we seem to have a coach who will improve who we already have barring a couple of pillocks in the squad with nothing between their ears. This summer is already starting to reek of last minute Dybala on deadline day.
By all accounts we've signed 2 players. What would you have done differently in the FDJ and Martinez deals?(mentioning those because they're our biggest deals)
Barcelona's inability to pay it's employees is neither our fault nor in our hands to speed things up. If LVG wasn't a bitter old man we'd have signed Timber by now and not bothered on Lisandro but we've had to go for him as a plan B. It's not our fault Ajax are being pricks switching goal posts on his fee. I reckon both deals get done eventually and while Utd do deserve criticism on some things it's excessively cynical to blame them for these two deals taking time over factors outta their hands.

Laurencio

So
- His deferred contract says he receives peanuts (relatively speaking) in first 2 years and huge amounts in next 3 seasons
- He can get this amount only if he stays the next year
- If he doesn't stay (sold to us), he doesn't get the huge amounts promised
- So he is asking Barca to give his 2 year non-deferred salary or else he threatens to stay.

I am still not so sure how this is looking good for us. Seems like too big a mess to sort itself out, unless we decide to compensate the player somehow.
The whole idea that they can just decide to not pay him his deferred wages is insane. If there's a significant disagreement it has to do with how many installments over how much time, and what bonuses he is entitled to. I reckon he wants all his deferred wages paid out of the transfer fee they recieve from us, and he wants his loyalty bonus for the next two years - given that Barcelona are the ones pushing the sale and not him. Barca would then owe him more than €20M. Barcelona will want to pay this over a long period as possible, while I imagine de Jong is probably not keen on being paid in say 50k installments a month over the next 30 years.

Barcelona are clearly mindful over the fact that if they pay him what they owe him, they can not afford to sign half of the players they want to - and if they pay him in large installments - say 100k a week for the next 4 years - that will significantly eat into their wage budget for years to come. They will also want to avoid to add to that debt by trying to argue he hasn't triggered various bonuses for whatever reason.

There's also a tax issue to consider. There are probably some significant differences in tax law in Spain and the UK, which would make one option more favorable than the other for de Jong. I imagine there are scenarios which would benefit Barcelona more where he'd lose millions in taxes. These are issues that his agent and lawyers will have to get to grips with.

padzilla

Hipster
We'll sign Dybala on transfer deadline day with a loan deal for Dembele.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
If this does not conclude we should definitely stop dealings with Barca.
It's become embarassing.

twitter thread suggester
I like the club briefings every third week giving us hope.
This week should be make or break. No one can be interested in this dragging out further.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I like the club briefings every third week giving us hope.
This week should be make or break. No one can be interested in this dragging out further.
I highly doubt if Frenkie and the laporte legal battle will end that quickly. And if it does get resolved I bet Frenkie will going though the United/FdJ contract with a fine tooth comb this time.

CallyRed

FdJ first one in to lay out the cones, he has already stuck a Latte on Xavis desk along with a souvenir from his hols.

DevilRed

Fletcher probably persuaded him that McT is the next Roy Keane.
To be fair, alot of similarities between himself at 25 and McT at the same age.

Common thread being they were both made scapegoats by supporters and routinely criticised. Until he got into his prime, then he was almost our best player :lol:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
:lol:

So negotiations is not the way you do business?
Of course - but not embarassing 2 months of licking Barca and also knowing that the player never once said he wants to come here.

This is not acceptable from our club.

Have you seen any other serious club going through this?
Did City/Liverpool/Spurs etc take two months to get their players?!
Ridiculous.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Of course - but not embarassing 2 months of licking Barca and also knowing that the player never once said he wants to come here.

Ridiculous.
It's Di Maria all over again!

Real Name

Ridiculous.
No other club. No other.

I got the memo, I need to make a huge drama out of it.

Licking Barca.. Jesus.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Ridiculous.
Do you know Frenkie has said that? Sounds like you're privy to his private conversations.

City spent a year chasing Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.