Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy18

Not really. 17 million is not something people just give up on. If Barca want to be financially irresponsible then let them. FDJ is good but he's not a sure thing in the prem. I say we give them a final offer and if it's rejected, move on. They'll be stuck with an unhappy player and debt. We can spend the next month plus working on other midfield targets.
Wasn't the final offer made yesterday? That's what tweedle dum and di were doing in Spain after all?

Considering we ripped up the scouting reports made over the season I'm not sure what the other targets are.

At best we fall back on Eriksen and promote the kid Zidane or try get Tielmans.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Rob Dawson putting it out there that United are absolutely convinced that Frenkie wants to come. Other bits he's said is thar Martinez is imminent and that Eriksen has had the (thorough) medical.

Sanchez7

Offer the money to Villa for Jacob Ramsey. We won't regret it. feck de Jong.
Different kind of player but a fantastic talent. I rate him on par with Bellingham but that Gerrard would never sell him to us.

As for FdJ, still confident this gets done. There is a lot of politics at play here given the amount of money owed and Barca being the scum that they are.

padzilla

Hipster
If Barcelona owe him money won't he still be entitled to it whether he stays or leaves?

crossy1686

career ending
He’s got every right to tell Barcelona he’s not reducing his salary and he’s not leaving until they pay up. No wonder there’s a stall, it’s a pretty fecked up situation for Barcelona to solve, they also risk United walking away and losing out on that money and being stuck with his wages. These things can’t exactly be sorted out on the spot or in one meeting.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This one's on ten hag.

That's his first of 3 strikes for me.
Is he ever able to redeem strikes? Like say we don't get De Jong, then miss out on somebody else in January, then we win the PL, but he misses out on another target next summer, is he gone?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Wasn't the final offer made yesterday? That's what tweedle dum and di were doing in Spain after all?

Considering we ripped up the scouting reports made over the season I'm not sure what the other targets are.

At best we fall back on Eriksen and promote the kid Zidane or try get Tielmans.
Who knows what was said between the suits but somehow I feel this will drag on till the end of the window.

The scouting point is a good one since all of our targets seem to be coming from the manager. Eriksen i am confident is in the bag, maybe Kante can be our new Matic. Tielmans is a good shout, I'd like Barella though inter probably wont sell.

HalfBaked22

If the man wants to play for a club that's going to defer his wages until they eventually get paid out to his beneficiaries then that's on him. It's about time we move on from this one.

PoTMS

Whether or not this one happens, I can't say I'll immediately warm to him. The cnut would basically have been forced to join us. I wonder which transfer that reminds me of.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If Barcelona owe him money won't he still be entitled to it whether he stays or leaves?
Apparently not. At least that's what I'm assuming from the way this is playing out.

Staggering incompetence from his agent and lawyers if so.

Keefy18

Who knows what was said between the suits but somehow I feel this will drag on till the end of the window.

The scouting point is a good one since all of our targets seem to be coming from the manager. Eriksen i am confident is in the bag, maybe Kante can be our new Matic. Tielmans is a good shout, I'd like Barella though inter probably wont sell.
If it goes to the wire, this has the finger prints of a Woodward Classic on it then... meaning we panic and pay up FDJ's deferred wages to just keep supporters and manager happy.

Yeah that's the line doing the rounds and Murtough's biggest supporters in his own thread have stated as much that the scouting has been ripped up and were starting again so leaning on the manager for signings to get the ball rolling on his style of play, can argue the positives and negatives to that but that's the common consensus.

Matriac

Did he call a meeting?
If he did communicate something like this it was probably in the meeting Xavi and club execs had with FdJ to present the clubs financial situation.
"That's neat and all. But I would like the money owed. So with our current agreement the only way to get that is to stay at Barca to complete my contract."
"I've already deferred my wages for you once, so if you cannot pay me what you have promised me twice then you have to come up with another alternative. Otherwise I will stay with my current contract as agreed."

SaboTaj

Playing for his dream club and all of those emotions aside, if his agent isn’t currently urging him to look for a new club (United or any other big club for that matter) he is really doing a disservice to his client here. The possibility of one of his biggest clients (and one of the biggest talents of his generation) spending his prime years in a club whose finances are mismanaged to this alarming extent is too risky a proposition imo.

Someone

Something
He'll join United if he gets his deferred wages.

Barca want to sell him to avoid paying those wages.

Only way this ends with him joining united if he could reach middle ground with Barca and give up some of his money.

I wouldn't do that to be honest, feck them, they should pay him in full.

AndySmith1990

United seem to think he does want to join, so either the player is messing us about or someone is feeding journalists incorrect info

Status
Not open for further replies.