Sancho------Bruno-----Rashford
-----------------Ronaldo

------------------Heaton
AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Malacia
---------------McT----VdB
Amad--------Eriksen-----Elanga
------------------Martial

RopersReturn

So after weeks of interest and speculation, Chelsea have suddenly ‘burst in’ and look certain to gazump us for FdJ’s signature ?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Maybe, in hindsight. But if someone offered me this list in early june, I would be pissed.
It is an average window at best, I think we are still very unbalanced
All decent signings, we now (potentially) have cover for LB AM CB plus a proper midfielder.

Disagree. Eriksen is free and Malacia is not intended as a first choice.

We have improved depth and added two players to improve the best XI (Martinez and De Jong). I would add a striker and another midfielder to call it a good window.
Yeah I would like us to buy an option in attack to complete this window. Eriksen on a free is great buisness, and Malacia I think will make the lb position his own after the new year.

All good signings in and of themselves, but anyone who watched us last season could tell we needed massive upgrades in RB and CDM, as well as quality depth ST. Our window even with these signings leaves pretty glaring holes in the team.

That said, to expect it all fixed in one window is unrealistic, but I'd like to think options for RB and CDM would be gettable.
Agreed. Im hoping once De Jong gets through the door and we sell off a few of the squad we could get an attacker and one of RB or DM.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
--------------------DDG
Dalot--Varane--Martinez--Shaw
---------------Fred----FDJ
-----------------Ronaldo

------------------Heaton
Fred aint starting.

Also a fair chance neither is Ronaldo but that's up for debate.

Drainy

I think he will sign and then we will see some tacky social media video to announce the signing and that he is thrilled to sign.

That being said, there’s enough smoke in the media for the “I want to stay at Barcelona” vibes not to be true. It remained true for Dembele. So it will be interesting to see if he doesn’t get homesick in rainy Manchester.
You do know he's not from Barcelona?

Maticmaker

Its a 'Mexican standoff' folks!

"Give me the money honey"

"If I walkout that door....well...."

"I'll not stay where I'm not wanted (erm....I mean not paid what I want!)

"Taxi for FDJ... "

NoPace

I would go for

DDG
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Fred FDJ
Bruno Eriksen Sancho
Martial or Rashford

Ideally a RB and a striker will be bought as well but that's on the basis that just our 4 main targets come.

Expect Malacia to be gradually eased in.

Also expect Maguire to come in and Martinet to rotate with Fred as a defensive minded midfielder.
I thought we'd see Bruno out wide and VDB as part of the team, but it looks like we want to play proper wingers and keep Bruno as a 10, so I think we'll sign a winger and Eriksen will back up/rotate with both De Jong (#8) and Bruno (#10) with VDB as extra cover for both spots. McTominay backs up Fred I guess.

A loan for a winger would make sense too since we have young players like Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri, but that's probably less likely.

RkkMan

They still are. That info is similar to what Edu Polo was pushing, and Edu Polo's arguably the most reliable Barcelona journalist of them all.
Edu Polo`s info was before a fee was agreed though. Now that it has with Barcelona having money to pay FDJ off and officially tell him to leave it could be different. He may still say no but no way anybody knows if he has so quickly

Highfather_24

Fred aint starting.

Also a fair chance neither is Ronaldo but that's up for debate.
Fred can surprise people. But I also wouldnt be surprised if VdB or McT or even Garner start.

Ronaldo, yeah. If he goes, we need a CF.

The ride side is barebones. You can see why we would want a RW and a RB.

RkkMan

Clowns on this forum trying to belittle sources. Wise the feck up. Unless you have your own sources, keep quiet.
If the sources constantly put out contradicting info it`s right to question reliability. You never see anyone questioning Ornstein because he`s always on the money or the likes of Ducker, Stone, Whitwell etc
Even Romano who gets flake here never flip flops and is often more right than wrong even if he regurgitates a bit.

Natener

It's not as if FDJ hates United, he just preferred to stay at the club he's a massive fan of. Some people acting like he's being forced to join Reading to play under Paul Ince for feck sake. At the end of the day, he will still be joining one of the biggest clubs in the world and playing for a manager he already has strong relationship with.

drmuji

--------------------DDG
-----------------Ronaldo

------------------Heaton
That's a good second eleven. At least would do a distance in Cup games

copen1945

I am glad Richard is doing all he can in Barcelona to bring Frenkie in. Shows determination to improve the situation of the club.

marktan

--------------------DDG
-----------------Ronaldo

------------------Heaton
That defense and midfield is going to get run ragged week in week out.

Syphon Wallet

There is an obvious difference here. I know players don't dream of Everton and see us as a middle ground club and that's fine, we are.
Well, even at our best we were behind Barca and Real Madrid as the most attractive clubs to play for, so I don't think the frenkie situation is that weird.
We have always had issues trying to sign good players from those clubs.
As long as he applies himself properly for us, unlike he who shall not be named (named 100s of times in this thread) then all will be good.

I think its an overplayed PR battle due to the vast sums of money and wages involved, I think ETH has clearly known from the start that frenkie was open to a reunion.
It's totally illogical to think otherwise.

sepulturite

Sooner or later it’ll dawn on the last of you that he’s actually a really important player for us.
Yep absolutely spot on, the Fred hate on here by some is ridiculous.

I think he's gonna show just how good he is this season under EtH.

Status
Not open for further replies.