Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

still have to believe he wants to come and has said so to ETH. If that's not the case we're absolutely crazy to be still trying to get him. It would be embarrassing as feck

Withnail

So was the "meeting in the coming hours" stuff just a load of shite? Unless it's a late business dinner and they're planning to discuss terms after Laporta finishes off the entire dessert menu.
There was a similar update of something happening in the coming hours on Friday morning and nothing came of it either.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So was the "meeting in the coming hours" stuff just a load of shite? Unless it's a late business dinner and they're planning to discuss terms after Laporta finishes off the entire dessert menu.
I was thinking that, it's always happening in the coming hours then nothing. It seems that things are tweeted then that's it, it goes quiet and we hear nothing else. Then a few days later it's something else happening in the coming hours. I do wonder if these Spanish outlets are pure chancers, throwing stuff at the wall until something sticks

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
But we do have enough information mate. And I even gave some of it in my response to your initial reply.

I could give a lot more but I’m confused as to why you’d even bother to reply if you’re not even interested in a debate.

While many things have been repeated over a 1000 pages, some things have also become more obvious with new info becoming available over time.

Hence as far as the wife joke goes, I think I’d happily prefer being your wife in this situation and call you out since you seem the type to shut the debate down right after giving your close-ended non-factual response to a topic and then avoid further debates. Debating is basically the whole point once you do get involved by responding back. :lol:
Dude! Are you saying we have enough info to conclude that he will sign for us? What's there to debate about then? You've made up your mind! And I'm certainly not going to convince you otherwise. So, what's the point?

Leave me in peace now! I'm tired and my wife has made me wash the dishes again tonight because I lost an argument. She refused to admit that nothing is ever fecking certain (she is, of course, omniscient and can see into the future).

Last edited:

HackeyC

Frankly the entitlement from Barca is laughable. They made poor decisions yet believe they deserve to be as successful as they once were. They cannot afford Raphina or Lewandowski without breaking existing contractual obligations. The directors would probably be struck off in the UK...

talking robot

Yeah... they think they hold some massive privilege where they can treat people like crap and get away with it
They apparently can get away with it unfortunately. When someone's heart is in a cause/team/brand/political party/movement, they are open for exploitation.

Gandalf

Well it is not quite 3:30 in the afternoon here, I am on Central time and so should Barca be as they are playing in Dallas tomorrow and are already in town for that one. Meeting could be taking place right now or could even be an evening meeting so would not likely start leaking until tomorrow morning for those of you not stuck in a third world country with 350 Million guns and an obsession with controlling women.

Kostov

Can someone please explain how selling De Jong will allow for them to register how many of their new incomings? Is it correlated to the fees and wages? Or one of them? And how does only Frenkie going allows them registering so many new players? Most of them or Lewandovski for example should earn the same solely. Or am I missing something?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You find that interesting? A Barca fan calling players shameless because they are sticking to the terms of their contracts?
What's shameless is asking players to take a paycut when you're making expensive signings. Those players only signed because of those ridiculous contacts.

Brophs

The One and Only
Interesting thread

He’s usually a fairly sensible guy but he’s blinded on this one. It’s self-serving, grubby nonsense. Firstly, the former President didn’t defer wages to damage the following President. He did it because it was financially required. We know this because Barca have had to sell the farm to pay for the (some of) the salaries and new signings. These monies were still going to be owed, these deals just gave them the time to try find the money. Which we’re now seeing that they have no intention of doing.

As for the rest, if you’re only capable of seeing things from Barca’s perspective then this is the sort of guff you’ll come up with. How many wages cuts or deferrals does he think these players owe the club?

red thru&thru

All for backing the manager but its worth having an alternative lined up if it doesn't work out. It seems at the moment we are willing to wait to the very end of the window, which could potentially be a disaster given the style of play we will be trying to execute. I think we will give and receive some batterings this season, mainly due to being caught out on the counter. That would happen a lot less with an effective screen and no Maguire. IMO at least.
EtH had an alternative to Timber and swiftly moved on to Martinez. He will have alternatives, if he feels they are fit.

Lukinho

What's the sources? If they've offered half the deferred wages I can see him taking it. Or is it half the salary? I imagine half the deferred salary will mean a much smaller reduction overall and he'll still earn €200k+ per month.
They just said he is going to half it from around 30 million per year to 15.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's really shameless is Barca propagandists and mouthpieces like this prick. These, and the club they support, are the people that know no shame. "Shameless players" insisting on getting their contractually agreed wages.. unbelievable. Getting fans riled up against their own players who did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Barca, really, are the worst.
There’s just this constant tone of condescension about them as well. Explaining amortisation (uhh… actually *raises glasses* Barcelona aren’t spending €200m) as if the vast majority of transfers in world football aren’t dealt with like that

Chief123

Laporte placing his order at the restaurant delayed the meeting.

Chief123

So paying in instalments means you haven’t spent it at all.
Great financial insight.
“Shameless players like umtiti and Neto…” :lol: :lol:

What a disgusting shameful sport football has become. Players taking wages that the club contractually agreed to. It’s an absolute disgrace.:eek:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
"in the coming hours" more or less means within the next year when it comes to the spanish media.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Can someone please explain how selling De Jong will allow for them to register how many of their new incomings? Is it correlated to the fees and wages? Or one of them? And how does only Frenkie going allows them registering so many new players? Most of them or Lewandovski for example should earn the same solely. Or am I missing something?
There is a video back a few pages, explains it all. But Frenkie is on the chopping block cos his wage + deferred payments = a shit tonne and Barca don’t want to pay it.

frostbite

Barcelona fans turning on Frenkie like Laporta and his thugs hoped
They work for us. Frenkie loves Barca and doesn't want to leave, they somehow have to make him hate Barca and love us instead.

Of course, we still have to do our part and fill those 2000 pages...

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What we all need to know is whether he was willingly going into a damp cave or getting dragged in kicking and screaming.

AlexUTD

They work for us. Frenkie loves Barca and doesn't want to leave, they somehow have to make him hate Barca and love us instead.

Of course, we still have to do our part and fill those 2000 pages...
I think Frenkie was done with Barcelona the day his agent started to ignore Barcelona`s phone calls for 2-3 days mate!

But i do not mind the Barcelona fans or medie helps push Frenkie out ;)

Im right here with you and all fellow muppets to page 2000!

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
So they beat other clubs at signing some of the best players or prospect by giving them an unsustainable contract.
Then they force those players into taking a paycut to be able to attract the next top players by giving them also massive contracts.
They are a Ponzi Scheme at this point

Reactions: Fortitude

Robertd0803

[QUOTE="Berbaclass, post: 29174094, member:
[/QUOTE]

Great use of the word shameless.

Paul778

well except when agreeing to the deferred wages and new contract that they didn't put a clause in the new contract that the deferred wages would be due should the player be sold by Barca - that way the £17m would be guaranteed and at the moment Barca aren't legally doing anything wrong as they are sticking to the new contract agreement. Had that agreement been in place this would have been solved weeks ago!

Hindsight is a brilliant thing though as lessons learned for future Barca deferral wage requests for other players
Yep. Theuly should agreed two contracts running concurrently. One for the regular salary and one for the deferred salary.
[QUOTE="Berbaclass, post: 29174094, member:
Great use of the word shameless.
[/QUOTE]

Did i miss a few dozen pages? Who is this rando that keeps getting quoted? Is this just some 12 year old getting trolled?

Status
Not open for further replies.