g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I honestly really can’t believe the results of this poll so far..

I mean it’s literally just a matter of time before he’s ours considering how everything is panning out..

How do you guys see him staying at Barca when he’s being played at CB while the preferred starters can settle in to their roles in midfield?? Should be highly embarrassing for him on top of all the embarrassments the club have made him face all summer..
Let’s also not forget what Barca/Xavi have continuously been mentioning about economic and financial needs/demands whereby his departure is basically a must??

This also leaves me confused about how some posters think this is embarrassing for our club? If anything our club is taking advantage of an embarrassment rather than vice versa..

And neither do you walk away from a free run at such a pivotal player when you have the funds and zero competition. For me option 1 and 3 are basically the same cuz ETH would’ve pulled the plug already if it wasn’t going to happen..

The only option anyone should be voting for is he’s ours, (and it’s literally) just a matter of time :rolleyes: I’m genuinely really curious to hear how posters came to the alternative conclusions….?

On a side note: if I was Frenkie, I’d not only leave as soon as my deferred salary is paid but then have some strong words to say about Barca and their behaviour during this whole fiasco as well.. they’ve painted him as a mercenary to the fans of his favourite club when all he did was try to help them out during the pandemic and he needs to set some things right just for his own self-respect because Barca won’t hesitate to destroy that
Some just don't see it happening. How could you be surprised?? They have their theories and you have yours. There is very, very little concrete info out there. Everyone, including you, are just speculating and clutching at straws, mate.

But, that won't stop us from having a bit of fun in this thread. I tell you now, no outcome is certain at this point. I'm genuinely curious to know how you are so convinced (not really).

Anyway, I'll be as happy as anyone if he signs. But I wouldn't be completely surprised if he doesn't. Each to his own bruvva!

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Some just don't see it happening. How could you be surprised?? They have their theories and you have yours. There is very, very little concrete info out there. Everyone, including you, are just speculating and clutching at straws, mate.

But, that won't stop us from having a bit of fun in this thread. I tell you now, no outcome is certain at this point. I'm genuinely curious to know how you are so convinced (not really).

Anyway, I'll be as happy as anyone if he signs. But I wouldn't be completely surprised if he doesn't. Each to his own bruvva!
You do know that Barca need to register their new players and that Frenkie would want to be paid his deferred wages rather than take further salary cuts??

UpWithRivers

Barca wants rid, FdJ is refusing until he gets what he’s owed. Man United are waiting as they know something has to give, Frenkie will be yours by the end of the window.
Yeah I dont believe this. Sounds like paper talk nonsense. Firstly why would Barca do this? Oh we are selling you and you aren't getting your 17 mil back? Who in their right mind would say ok then keep it? No one. So they wouldn't do it. And even if they did then its just deal off. End of discussions. Call their bluff. Secondly 17 mil is nothing. If they need to sell FDJ then selling him for 70 and paying him what he is rightfully owed is no big thing. Its just nonsensical. Its like saying oh by the way we are keeping your house even though you paid for it and your girlfriend too. Nonsense.
I really think FDJ just doesn't want out but is being pushed out. Nothing else really makes sense because if all parties wanted it done it would have been done by now

edcunited1878

Interesting thread

Wonder if they called Bale a shameless player. The club, no matter the president, gave them these contracts. Taking a wage deferral is totally different to taking a wage cut and losing out on the contracted terms because of the club's ineptitude.

Yeah I dont believe this. Sounds like paper talk nonsense. Firstly why would Barca do this?
Because they legally can, because despite you pretending 17m is “nothing”, it aint.
For a club desperate to save money for FFP player registration reasons, it’s an entire years salary for a player on 190k / week.

They may well end up paying it, but if they can wait it out and call his bluff, play him at CB, make him second choice and make him desperate for the move, thus saving 10 million, you can bet your arse they will.

IrishRedDevil

‘Shameless players like Umtiti and Neto’ :lol:

Trying to put shame on players for collecting their Contracted wages.

Shit, broke club.

Gandalf

I would consider walking away but that's only because I value preseason and the effect it can have on a player/ team when a player arrives late.

Hes obviously a very good/great midfielder but I would worry about his ability to settle in/ get up to speed if he was a deadline day signing.

It puts an enormous amount of pressure on the player , especially on the back of a prolonged transfer saga as well as disrupting some of the squad harmony that's been built up over preseason.

If you are willing to sacrifice a champions league place again (because without midfield reinforcement I don't see how you will get it) in order to sign him next transfer window then that's all good but I think many fans / pundits will be critical of this pursuit (putting all your eggs in this basket) if it doesn't pan out.
The saving grace in this instance is that he would be joining a Manager he knows to play a role in a system that he has exceled in previously and so will hopefully not need too much time to bed in. The squad should be fine too as he has used Fred to replicate the role Frenkie plays in pre season so it will be what they are used to just with a serious skill upgrade, kind of like in the Fast and the Furious when they hit the nitro switch I hope.

STYLOISRED

Yeah I dont believe this. Sounds like paper talk nonsense. Firstly why would Barca do this? Oh we are selling you and you aren't getting your 17 mil back? Who in their right mind would say ok then keep it? No one. So they wouldn't do it. And even if they did then its just deal off. End of discussions. Call their bluff. Secondly 17 mil is nothing. If they need to sell FDJ then selling him for 70 and paying him what he is rightfully owed is no big thing. Its just nonsensical. Its like saying oh by the way we are keeping your house even though you paid for it and your girlfriend too. Nonsense.
I really think FDJ just doesn't want out but is being pushed out. Nothing else really makes sense because if all parties wanted it done it would have been done by now
If this were the case i fully expect Laporta would have let it slip that Barca were willing to pay off the 17mil but Dejong was refusing to budge and used it as a weapon t vilify him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think the argument is over the money remaining on the contract.

Barca say you need to be here to earn that money, FdJ says I would already have it if I hadn’t done you the favour of deferring it and if you don’t pay it I’m happy to stay and see out a very expensive contract.

most reliable outlets like The Athletic are reporting that this is the issue, it’s not random paper talk.

Teja

Interesting thread

Gary really stirred that shit now. Things are going to get spicy.

Like you can afford to buy players for 100M+ amortized at 20M a year but you can't pay your player that same money (20M / yr) on your existing contracts :houllier:

Yeah obviously it's better for Barca to be selfish pricks. But is it the right thing to do for the player?

Maybe every club should do this. Shame players into renegotiating and accepting new lower contracts.

lysglimt

Scout
Interesting thread

My God - this must be the dumbest piece of s... that has ever posted anything. So not honouring his contract is not backstabbing him ? And getting what you are owed is shameless ?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It seems to me the best way to handle this would be a lower fee to Barca and we give Frenkie 17millions. Everyone is happy. Shocked it has not been mentioned already.
The fact it hasn't been resolved that way indicates Barca don't agree with it.

Interesting thread

“massive contract” :lol:

It all adds up to like 255k /week, over the length of the deal, the going rate for a top midifielder.
And he didn’t do it to hurt the next president, he did it because Barca during Covid were utterly fecked if they didn’t get a shit tonne of salary deferred until the pandemic was over.

And yes, they are stabbing him in the back. He helped the out when they could’ve gone bankrupt by deferring 17 million fecking quid, and now you don’t want to pay him that, either to stay, nor leave.
Uber cnuts, that’s the definition of stabbing in the back.

Oh, and didn’t Bayern demand 45 m UP FRONT for Lewa, so that’s bullshit too.

Guy looks like he’s been paid off by Laporta to lick his butt crack.

Charles Miller

Rampa de Salida was the best title so far. It might be a coincidence, but when you changed that, things got worse.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This guy is one of the prime cultists from the mes que un club ****, absolute holier than thou twat
The way how he wrote all that reminds me on Balague and his man crush to Pep. Oh look, another journo who is Barca fan. They raise true ******* there, aren't they?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That's taking the piss
He's just a twat. When Barca were winning it all, he wouldn't shut up about it on Twitter. First goal conceded, toys out of the pram, Bartomeu is the devil, yadda yadda. Since they stopped winning, you barely see him post, fortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.