Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
title change, is something happening? Is it imminent? I havent had my daily yet should I hold out for good news?

Devilyouknow

He make a tiktok video of him twerking violently against Laporta while holding a sign saying ‘punish my salary daddy!’

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Did something happen?

Very excitable atmosphere in this thread but I've gone back a few pages and can't find any meaningful update to make sense of said excitable-ness.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think it’s obvious that Eriksen is the ‘backup’ if we don’t get Frenkie. We then get a more defensive/box to box type player like Savic etc

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think it’s obvious that Eriksen is the ‘backup’ if we don’t get Frenkie. We then get a more defensive/box to box type player like Savic etc
Is Savic more defensive?

saik

Did something happen?

Very excitable atmosphere in this thread but I've gone back a few pages and can't find any meaningful update to make sense of said excitable-ness.
Barca supposedly wants to get this sorted quickly and apparently FDJ and Xavi are going to have a meeting to discuss. That's basically the gist of it.

Tony247

Did something happen?

people are losing interest or losing marbles or both.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Barca supposedly wants to get this sorted quickly and apparently FDJ and Xavi are going to have a meeting to discuss. That's basically the gist of it.
Thanks.

Although it sounds like the same kind of stuff we've been hearing for a while now!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He kept changing the thread title, despite not displaying sufficient levels of muppetry in this thread.
That's very poor form... one should have a sufficient level of muppetry and be well versed in the muppetry of the thread to be able to change titles :nono: haha

frostbite

We desperately need another thread with the title changes. We can't keep up. What happened to the dial up modem?

Blood Mage

The pace this thread is moving at with only speculative reports here and there is scary. It will reach 2000 pages easily for a player who we probably won't even sign. :lol:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Gavi and Pedri are also 18 and 19. At that age players really should be playing 2500-3000 minutes in all comps tops. Barca has also seen what playing Pedri into the ground in 20-21 did to him in 21-22.

Barcelona faces many of the same issues English clubs face - a condensed schedule in which they'll probably play around 55 fixtures, so they'll need a lot of depth. 55 fixtures is about 10000 total midfield minutes for the two 8s in their 4-3-3. If you give Pedri and Gavi together about 5500, that is still about 4500 for FDJ and Kessie to split. And then FDJ might pick up some minutes at the 6 or CB as well. And all that is assuming that none of Pedri, Gavi, or Kessie pick up a significant injury.

Beyond all these calculations, the simple fact Barca seem to want to replace FDJ with Bernardo Silva puts the lie to the notion that there aren't enough midfield minutes to go around. Its not about insufficient minutes at all.
You make a fair point.

dubplate warrior

Surely that doesn’t count? We had a whole year of trying to get him :lol:
Sancho also wanted to come back to England, personally feel like we should of had other options so we could start the season ready. Fully behind the new manager, just would like a holding midfielder, was almost certain we would have bought one this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.