Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
I don't think Ben Jacobs is unreliable as such but I think his information on Chelsea is a lot more reliable than his information from Utd.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He’s also just quoting Burt on United too. He knows nothing on the United side. I imagine United now are keeping their cards pretty close to their chest.
Of course they are. They're not letting anything go now i imagine.
United won't pull out of this until they know it's dead and buried. Hell, i don't know why people put Jacobs as a high ranked journo as he's not even ranked on the Chelsea tier list and those that follow him rank him tier 2 to 2.5. We'll find out sooner or later

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I disagree with that. He’s just doing what’s best for himself. He hasn’t got any loyalty to us. We approached him and the noises around him have been pretty clear: ideally he’d like to stay at Barca. If he doesn’t sign, whatever fault there may be lies with us, split between the manager and the recruitment side of the club, whose judgement will have been shown to be poor. They’ll have allowed themselves to be led up the garden path yet again. We’re at what now, 14 weeks?

I have some sympathy for ETH here. He may have taken FDJ or his agent at face value. Equally, he may have chosen to positively interpret what they were saying or believed he could persuade him, all other things being equal. Either way, history will be written by the victor and all that. If it goes wrong he’ll rightly have been made to look naive, in my opinion.
Perhaps ETH also prefers us to wait for FDJ right up until a few days before the closing of the transfer window because he knows there are no other players of his quality out there who are interested in joining us. If that is actually the case, which I'm quite confident about as we're simply not an attractive destination compared to most other top clubs in Europe, he probably also believes every alternative we have lined up will also be available at the end of the transfer window. Hence we're still waiting for de Jong right up until the end of the window and if he still doesn't wanna join us by then, we're just moving to one of the worse alternatives.

Judas

Open to offers
Who will be on the bench if Chelsea do in fact sign him?

Have to say I’m nowhere near as fussed as I would have been a few weeks ago, simply because we’re clearly in such a mess.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I don't think Ben Jacobs is unreliable as such but I think his information on Chelsea is a lot more reliable than his information from Utd.
Looking on Reddit, they say he's done good on the sale side of things, but Transfers not so much. They rank him Tier 2.5 or so. He's not incredible, he just recycles news according to them

DickDastardly

Hope he stays put and makes things very messy.
Hope he agrees his owed wages with Barcelona and comes to United.

Thanks them for all the "love and affection" they gave him and comes to us with zero mess.

A lovely professional with zero media shitposting playing in a United midfield. Dream come true.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Of course they are. They're not letting anything go now i imagine.
United won't pull out of this until they know it's dead and buried. Hell, i don't know why people put Jacobs as a high ranked journo as he's not even ranked on the Chelsea tier list and those that follow him rank him tier 2 to 2.5. We'll find out sooner or later
He’s got a pair of glasses and a blue tick. That’s about it.

POF

This summer is coming across incredibly similar to the first one under Woodward and Moyes. Spending months chasing targets that turn out to be unrealistic and then blind panic at the end of the window bidding for multiple players.

How a club like United can end up with such a dysfunctional recruitment team is just incredible.

Years of wasting money signing players based on the manager's requests with no long term planning has left the club with a really poor squad after £1bn of investment.

Now they're doing it all over again. It's obvious the club has learned nothing.

Lee565

Why can't ten hag let this go and focus spending the 80 million on another high class midfielder instead of staying in limbo and resorting to panic buying.

This messy window is at the feet of ten hag with this silly saga

Suv666

He’s also just quoting Burt on United too. He knows nothing on the United side. I imagine United now are keeping their cards pretty close to their chest.
So its just a coincidence that about the same time journalists said we aren't in the race anymore rumours about Raboit, SMS and Cody started popping up all over the place?
Its obvious we are splashing the cash earmarked for De Jong.

MUFC OK

The reality is that most on here we’re more optimistic than the reality.

“tHeY mUsT hAve hAd SoMe soRt if asSuRanCes frOm FdJ”:lol::lol::lol:

No. As predicted we spent all summer on a maybe at best.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So its just a coincidence that about the same time journalists said we aren't in the race anymore rumours about Raboit, SMS and Cody started popping up all over the place?
What about the cash earmarked for Antony? And we have not made any bid for SMS by the way

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He’s got a pair of glasses and a blue tick. That’s about it.
Aaaah yes, the blue tick. The sign of ultimate reliability. Urghh

This guy is literally pushing whatever he thinks will get him the most views. Hes recycling news and just picking and choosing what is best for his narrative. We know Chelsea is interested but he's the only guy pushing it so hard that his life depends on it. If it wasn't to come off though, he could say he was just reporting other guys news etc

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It’s highly probable yes. I don’t think Gakpo or Rabiot have any relevance to this deal though. SMS is another story but at the moment we’re just interested. If we make a bud then alarm bells obviously.

Judas

Open to offers

People, myself included, wanted to believe the club knew what they were doing and lessons had been learnt, the last week has sadly made it clear that isn’t the case.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Looking on Reddit, they say he's done good on the sale side of things, but Transfers not so much. They rank him Tier 2.5 or so. He's not incredible, he just recycles news according to them
Yeah, I'd say he's a good source but not a great one. I know a lot of the Chelsea sources have suggested that Utd have been cooling interest (e.g. Steinberg) but even Steinberg prefaced it by saying "indications suggested United were cooling interest". Jacobs seems to take a stronger and more definitive line

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

And anyone who said this was mocked and berated.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Gonna be super embarrassing for Chelsea when they miss out on Kounde, Raphina and De Jong in one window, ouch...
More embarrassing than missing out on Timber, Antony, De Jong and... Arnautovic?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Ok so i clicked the Sun story... i need to go get shower soon as i feel so dirty doing so... but yeah:

According to Sport, Chelsea and Barca are in advanced negotiations over a £67.6m transfer.

They state that the Blues only opened talks a few days ago to sign the Dutch midfielder, but they have acted quickly in trying to secure his services.
The news is fecking days and days old. This is why they have such a bad reputation, they're flat out liars

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Ben Jacobs is pushing it hard because it'll be generating a lot of clicks by United and Chelsea fans. But fair play, he's putting his neck on the line

MUFC OK

People, myself included, wanted to believe the club knew what they were doing and lessons had been learnt, the last week has sadly made it clear that isn’t the case.
The question is, why the hell did anyone fall for it?

youmeletsfly

If FDJ does not come or if he goes to Chelsea, then ETH and our recruitment department will look like tiny dicks rolling on the stairs.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah, I'd say he's a good source but not a great one. I know a lot of the Chelsea sources have suggested that Utd have been cooling interest (e.g. Steinberg) but even Steinberg prefaced it by saying "indications suggested United were cooling interest". Jacobs seems to take a stronger and more definitive line
Exactly... thats just another way of saying "in my opinion". They have no idea because United aren't talking and no one in de Jongs camp is either.
They're reading between the lines and plucking info that suits them.

dove

Imagine if after chasing him for over 2 months, he ends up at Chelsea :lol: Him staying would be somewhat understandable but joining Chelsea would be an absolute slap in the face for our top guys and ETH.

justboy68

Yep. Sadly the case. They've fecked it all up again by being total amateurs.

Very likely Chelsea bound.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Did you really need any inside knowledge to already know that he was either staying put or going to Chelsea about a month ago?

The bit about him having no interest whatsoever in coming here was what gave it away IMHO.

There was nothing the club could have done to get him but it could have moved on back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.