g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The clubs scattergun and amateur approach to transfers is what’s hurting the cluvscreputation.
A decade of mismanagement has certainly left it open for embarrassment. Still, the club have publicly not said a word about de Jong and as ETH rightly pointed out, the press has linked us to 250 players over the summer.

DickDastardly

Yep, pretty clear at this point that both clubs have agreed the terms set out by Barca as well as the player.

Literally a choice between chelsea, and united, who can both meet demands outlined on players behalf.

Ball is in frenkies court.
And a minor detail of us agreeing 85 while Chelsea are haggling over the price.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yep, pretty clear at this point that both clubs have agreed the terms set out by Barca as well as the player.
Literally a choice between chelsea, and united, who can both meet demands outlined on players behalf.
Ball is in frenkies court.
Oh? Has Barca decided to pay him the money owed yet?

Chief123

If we lose out on FDJ, the one glimmer of light I see in this whole facade is we will be able to give an opportunity to the likes of Zidane and Savage. I believe ETH may end up being forced into a situation where he has to abandon the likes of McTominay and introduce other options. Otherwise remaining persistent with McFred will probably lead to him failing and getting sacked.

davidmichael

So Chelsea have signed Chukwuemeka and are signing Casadei as well as Gallagher returning from loan at Palace and will all be added to Jorginho, Kante, Kovacivic and RLC whilst playing 3-4-3 therefore only having room for two out of those seven (I’m not including Mount as he likely plays further forward with Chelsea needing forwards) in their starting eleven yet are going to pay £80 million for De Jong ?

Right now Chelsea’s forward options from who they’re not trying to move on are Sterling, Mount and Havertz as they’re trying to move Ziyech, Batshuayi and CHO on and it’s unclear with Pulisic and Broja so they desperately need a wide player and a striker although they’ve already spent £175 million with another £80 million or more earmarked for Fofana which will take them to well over £250 million without a wide player or striker.

I’d love to know how this is all possible with FFP ? They’ve recouped £18 million for Werner and £10 million for Lukaku whilst paying most of his wages still yet they can spend potentially well over £400 million if they were to get Fofana, De Jong, a wide player and a striker ? Even PSG and City can’t do that so how are Chelsea potentially doing so ?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And to celebrate 150 pages we get a whole lotta nothing and he moves to Chelsea :D
The life of a Utd fan under the glazers. They were probably secretly hoping it wouldn’t come off this summer and we’d save 10 million getting him next year. In the meantime a serious club nipped in and outbid us. We almost never get these 50-50 decisions with big players.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It's disappointing and understandable if he doesn't end up at United, but even more disappointing if he ends up at Chelsea. Chelsea?! As a fellow Dutchman..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
because he's the only one nailing his colours to the mast, everyone else had no idea who Frenkie is going to choose / will he resolve the wage dispute.
That also applies to Ben Jacobs.

DutchCruijff

If we lose out on FDJ, the one glimmer of light I see in this whole facade is we will be able to give an opportunity to the likes of Zidane and Savage. I believe ETH may end up being forced into a situation where he has to abandon the likes of McTominay and introduce other options. Otherwise remaining persistent with McFred will probably lead to him failing and getting sacked.
Savage and Iqbal?

You can't be serious, man.

Are you asking for Ten Hag to be sacked.

Chief123

So Chelsea have signed Chukwuemeka and are signing Casadei as well as Gallagher returning from loan at Palace and will all be added to Jorginho, Kante, Kovacivic and RLC whilst playing 3-4-3 therefore only having room for two out of those seven (I’m not including Mount as he likely plays further forward with Chelsea needing forwards) in their starting eleven yet are going to pay £80 million for De Jong ?

Right now Chelsea’s forward options from who they’re not trying to move on are Sterling, Mount and Havertz as they’re trying to move Ziyech, Batshuayi and CHO on and it’s unclear with Pulisic and Broja so they desperately need a wide player and a striker although they’ve already spent £175 million with another £80 million or more earmarked for Fofana which will take them to well over £250 million without a wide player or striker.

I’d love to know how this is all possible with FFP ? They’ve recouped £18 million for Werner and £10 million for Lukaku whilst paying most of his wages still yet they can spend potentially well over £400 million if they were to get Fofana, De Jong, a wide player and a striker ? Even PSG and City can’t do that so how are Chelsea potentially doing so ?
The problem is Chelsea have history of stock piling young talents and sending them out on loan, sometimes for years. They keep the ones that develop and sell the ones that don’t, normally for a profit.

Even if Chelsea signed 2 young midfielders this window, I don’t see that as a sign they aren’t going for FDJ.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I genuinely don't know what you guys are waiting for every day.

Frankie wants his deferredwages paid before he leaves
Barca are doing everything they can not to pay the deferred wages, from media campaigns to legal threats etc.

Frankie isn't gonna move (to united, chelsea, hawaii, whoever etc.) till his wage issue is sorted and doesn't have a deadline to meet.
Barca need to raise funds to register their new players before a set deadline.

The onus is on barca to find a solution until the end of the registration period (transfer deadline day cause after that they can't generate funds from frankie's departure).

This will obviously drag till the last possible deadline, I don't know what you guys keep waiting for and lose your minds every day

Chief123

Savage and Iqbal?

You can't be serious, man.

Are you asking for Ten Hag to be sacked.
I said they would get more chances. You honestly think McFred won’t get ETH sacked? They’ve already been a big part of Ole and Ragnick’s departures.

They are so bad opposition teams know exactly what to do every game against us. Just press them two and you win the ball back every time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes, it does. jacobs knows no more than we do, but he's putting his opinion out there and hoping it sticks.
To be fair, he wrote that Chelsea didn't know, so he isn't pretending to know that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.