Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

De Jong can not be “immense” for us.

No matter how talented or professional he is. If he doesn’t want to come here, forcing him to won’t be doing us any favours.

We need players like Casemiro - makes “make United great again” his life motto. Antony - goes on a riot to be allowed to join us,

De Jong made it clear he wants to play for Barcelona, no matter what they owe him.
It’s not just the 17million. He WANTS to be there. Just look at him playing. He is not sulking, he is giving his all on the pitch.

Reminds me of Stoitchkov - Barcelona forced him out and he was miserable in Italy, hence the bad performances.They took him back to Barca and he smashed it again.

De Jong seems to be 100% Barcelona DNA.
Even if they make him come here, I’m certain he won’t be good.

There are other ball progressing midfielders in the world, let this guy go.
You’re not considering all the “facts” of the case. Barca want to sell him and that puts a different slant on it.

Fahad Jawaid

The amount of money we have spent on Casemiro & have reportedly bid for Antony, we can safely rule it out, that this deal is held up because we are not willing to cover 17M Pounds owed to him.

There are only two possible scenarios, 1) He is really not interested in moving anywhere, he is at his dream club with CPL football, plus he knows if he remains there then not only he will start matches because he is better than other options, plus he will get his money owed as he is contractually bound, he was only using our interest to get what he is owed and have a better hand at negotiation.

2) He is open to moving and he is only playing good cop till the end of the window, when they panic as they will need to register players, so they pay him the deferred wage in one go and as the deal is already agreed with Barca and his agent the transfer may be closed in a day or two.

I would think ETH was banking on scenario number two and he must have had assurances from De Jong himself and agent. He thought we could get by till the end of window on Preseason Mcfred and Eriksen, however their performances had put a spanner in the works and ETH and the board decided even if the 2nd scenario is possible, we can not compromise on our season. Plus Barca may pull other levers or sell Auba/Dest & Depay which may result in not needing to sell De Jong, consequently we have gone ahead with our plans to sign other players and may try last moment if feasible.

Whereas I think it is scenario 1, hopefully we get him, it is a much needed signing and will overhaul our midfield and we may be able to go toe to toe with top teams.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
That Chelsea story is screaming fake to me, I don't think they are or were that interested at all.
There is supposed to be a meeting with his agent and FdJ next week with Chelsea. Barca sources… so who knows?

Pscholes18

No matter how talented or professional he is. If he doesn’t want to come here, forcing him to won’t be doing us any favours.

We need players like Casemiro - makes “make United great again” his life motto. Antony - goes on a riot to be allowed to join us,

De Jong made it clear he wants to play for Barcelona, no matter what they owe him.
It’s not just the 17million. He WANTS to be there. Just look at him playing. He is not sulking, he is giving his all on the pitch.

Reminds me of Stoitchkov - Barcelona forced him out and he was miserable in Italy, hence the bad performances.They took him back to Barca and he smashed it again.

MUGA?

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca

I agree with you in terms of the players view. He is busting his ass and giving his all on the pitch looking fired up, he was incredible when he came on vs Rayo and I think Xavi realizes the mistake in benching him. Looks to me like a man showing Barca what he's capable of. Tomorrow is a unique opportunity for him and Balde (LB). The zombie and chipmunk are out of the lineup, Frenkie and Balde can impress and really give Xavi something to think about.

Many still don't grasp the current situation at Barca. I really can't be fecked to argue on here about levers, what is moral, what is not. Fact is: We have Kounde left to register with a potential RB being signed. To achieve that = Pjanic pay cut, Memphis to Juve. Auba to Chelsea and possibly Dest being sold. There is no desperation to sell Frenkie at this point. If you want to believe Xavi is stupid enough to sell Frenkie without Bernardo Silva being guaranteed, I don't know what to tell you. We have, rightly or wrongly, gambled our future by going the lever route instead of selling crown jewels.. it would make zero sense selling a top player this late in the window without a world class replacement in the pipeline. We need to win this season, simple as that. Backing yourself into that situation only to then sell big names is counterproductive. I tried to explain that earlier.

Last edited:

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
There is supposed to be a meeting with his agent and FdJ next week with Chelsea. Barca sources… so who knows?

Sport are a very, very unreliable source, would not listen to a word they say

jokervn91

Sport are a very, very unreliable source, would not listen to a word they say
What do you mean unreliable? They swing every other way so they will 100% get it right in the end

In honestly if FDJ becomes available I think we would still be favorite over Chelsea.

NLunited

I agree with you in terms of the players view. He is busting his ass and giving his all on the pitch looking fired up, he was incredible when he came on vs Rayo and I think Xavi realizes the mistake in benching him. Looks to me like a man showing Barca what he's capable of. Tomorrow is a unique opportunity for him and Balde (LB). The zombie and chipmunk are out of the lineup, Frenkie and Balde can impress and really give Xavi something to think about.

Many still don't grasp the current situation at Barca. I really can't be fecked to argue on here about levers, what is moral, what is not. Fact is: We have Kounde left to register with a potential RB being signed. To achieve that = Pjanic pay cut, Memphis to Juve. Auba to Chelsea and possibly Dest being sold. There is no desperation to sell Frenkie at this point. If you want to believe Xavi is stupid enough to sell Frenkie without Bernardo Silva being guaranteed, I don't know what to tell you. We have, rightly or wrongly, gambled our future by going the lever route instead of selling crown jewels.. it would make zero sense selling a top player this late in the window without a world class replacement in the pipeline. We need to win this season, simple as that. Backing yourself into that situation only to then sell big names is counterproductive. I tried to explain that earlier.
You are damm right you are gambling your future away. About half your revenue for the next 25 years.

A club that does not consist of goatfeckers would have made some careful signings and sold some players, disbanded a few contracts. They would have stuck with hot youth prospects instead of going after 50+ million signings and retirees on huge wages.

It remains to be seen whether your coach is good enough to get this team to perform well enough to beat Madrid to the title. From what I have seen, Xavi is out of his depth.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

I declare you my chamberlain. In other words, according to my judgment, you are useful to the Shogunate and loyal to me.

Withnail

Many still don't grasp the current situation at Barca. I really can't be fecked to argue on here about levers, what is moral, what is not. Fact is: We have Kounde left to register with a potential RB being signed. To achieve that = Pjanic pay cut, Memphis to Juve. Auba to Chelsea and possibly Dest being sold. There is no desperation to sell Frenkie at this point. If you want to believe Xavi is stupid enough to sell Frenkie without Bernardo Silva being guaranteed, I don't know what to tell you. We have, rightly or wrongly, gambled our future by going the lever route instead of selling crown jewels.. it would make zero sense selling a top player this late in the window without a world class replacement in the pipeline. We need to win this season, simple as that. Backing yourself into that situation only to then sell big names is counterproductive. I tried to explain that earlier but I mostly get "hurrdurr Barca bankrupt" "your club are goatfeckers" last one is pretty funny though I have to admit, although random.

I will apologize if some of my posts came across as a wum in the moment. I was hoping to stick around here as I do follow United closely (father is a huge fan) but it seems like other fans aren't actually all that welcome.
Take a look around mate. Fans of other clubs are very welcome here. Once the window closes this whole Frenkie/lever thing won't be such an issue for United fans but we will still find the ongoing financial chicanery funny. The forum is a lot bigger than transfers and football talk anyway which you should see soon enough seeing as you've gotten 6 likes in 88 posts which is bloody good going.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

It isn't the club they support that dictates the reception here.

There are Chelsea, City, even Liverpool :houllier: fans that get along fine on here.

Not seen you before but your post looks pretty balanced, sure you'll be fine. And here's hoping City sell Silva to you then...

... but the selfish xxxxers only seem to want to help Arsenal. No marks.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Hey mate. We thought you'd fecked off. Welcome back.
:D Fixed. Good to see you @Shakesey!
@Shakesey returning from his exile to finish off De Jong like Eomer (or the dude in the book) in Helm's Deep, what a guy
Welcome back.
Thanks buds! Yeah, IP tracking sucks. And VPNs are insufficient when trying to escape RedCafe's super police. So I guess I'm stuck with Shakesey and his godawful tagline

Wing Attack Plan R

Could have gotten Anton Flamingo for under €20 million.
Flamingo is never signing for us, even if the Glazers start hosing cash at clubs. Flamingo is on some of the highest earnings per week of any Latin American players, and his image rights alone are netting him something like £100 million per year. He's also really close to his sister and she just had her second baby, so he's not going anywhere for awhile.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think this was before the Maguire links which are tier one.
Maguire is not for real. That was one of those… did I really ask about him in case Fofana does not happen. Then everyone gives you the stare of death for even thinking of such a thing. :lol:

If de Jong was serious about leaving, Boehly would be having another tasty meal in Barcelona with his checkbook in hand IMO. He seems determined to break the transfer record for most spent.

TheReligion

Abusive
Maguire is not for real. That was one of those… did I really ask about him in case Fofana does not happen. Then everyone gives you the stare of death for even thinking of such a thing. :lol:

If de Jong was serious about leaving, Boehly would be having another tasty meal in Barcelona with his checkbook in hand IMO. He seems determined to break the transfer record for most spent.
I think Chelsea would be interested but I believe United would return and given they have a deal with club and agent already it would be finalised pretty quickly.

The longer it goes on the less likely Chelsea have any chance. Simply too much to do.

Partridge

Flamingo is never signing for us, even if the Glazers start hosing cash at clubs. Flamingo is on some of the highest earnings per week of any Latin American players, and his image rights alone are netting him something like £100 million per year. He's also really close to his sister and she just had her second baby, so he's not going anywhere for awhile.
I forget how busy he is. I'm also aware he does some part time work for a small local restaurant. Mostly drop offs. I see him in the premier League I. The next few years. When you see Phil Jones hanging about like an invisible turd, it makes me feel bad for proper fellas like flamingo. Also, his mum is fit.

The Sad Clown

The players we have at the club are not all duds. We have some potentially great players at the club if we have the correct players playing in their preferred and best position.
Maguire = Bench (best position)

Sancho, Bruno, Eriksen and Martial could be the difference again with a bit of confidence and actually concentrating on playing correct positions.
Manager is implementing new tactics and ethos at the club and with the addition of Casemiro and Malacia we have two fantastic signings.
If we manage to get Antony and Gakpo then we have RW covered and depth in attack.
Martinez needs a few months to settle in, Diaz took a while to do it for City when he joined.
FDJ can look at that and see its got the makings of a great squad, if we keep Ronaldo for the season and he has a better season than last then top 4 is achievable and next season we can look to progress higher, im not writing this season off yet, even if we lose to Liverpool on Monday we still have a chance.
Those players you cite in the opening of your post. The same dross has been chatted about the same dross for years now. People never seem to learn in that respect and I suspect they never will.

And "two fantastic signings"? Besides the fact this is no guarantee, search the Caf for use of that phrase (replacing the word two for three) during the summer of 2019. The amount of people truly convinced (or at least trying to convince themselves) of this is startling. Ironically this also includes the most expensive of those signings and a player you now wish to see relegated to the bench.

Ricardo de la Vega

Imagine if you signed Frenkie to play next to Casemiro. That would be epic.
I still think its the plan. They MUST have a deal with Frenkie and his agent privately no matter what is being said given how long theyve been chasing him despite all the reports of him just saying point blank no

croadyman

I still think its the plan. They MUST have a deal with Frenkie and his agent privately no matter what is being said given how long theyve been chasing him despite all the reports of him just saying point blank no
May still happen but not in this window

TheReligion

Abusive
Could have gotten Anton Flamingo for under €20 million.
I forget how busy he is. I'm also aware he does some part time work for a small local restaurant. Mostly drop offs. I see him in the premier League I. The next few years. When you see Phil Jones hanging about like an invisible turd, it makes me feel bad for proper fellas like flamingo. Also, his mum is fit.
Who the feck is Anton Flamingo?!
Any takers? :confused:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah our biggest football news sites put out updates constantly. Most Dutch people hope it happens, though think the chances are slim.
Oh ok, that's refreshing to hear. Is that become of the World Cup, or a general affinity for United because ten Hag is here (and will optimise the player)?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh ok, that's refreshing to hear. Is that become of the World Cup, or a general affinity for United because ten Hag is here (and will optimise the player)?
General affinity for Ten Hag, since 90% of our population is an Ajax fan (feels like that anyway). It's also a general dislike of the way Barcelona are treating him, which is a big shift, because Barcelona and Ajax have always been quite close due to their belief that they invented the proper way to play football (barf).

for me personally, I like United loathe Barcelona and the Spanish league and think De Jong is an amazing player who would fit in well. So my fingers are still firmly crossed, but meh, I kind of lost hope :(

Status
Not open for further replies.