Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why do people think he will join us in januari or next summer when he didn't this summer when everything from Barcelona telling the media they want him to leave basically and they wont pay his wager? I mean the situation cant be worse for him there then it is/was this summer? He even had a contract from his old manger served with 70% higher wager and a chance to become the biggest star probably here. Even Barcelona fans wanted him to leave so they could get their new signings registered while United fans showed him so much love that he one could have think he already played for us and hade won us PL and CL.

Next year, IF he Barcelona still wants him to leave and he decides to except it, there will be Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Juventus, maybe even City all probably interested to sign a world class deep playing CM for decent fee. Why would he all suddenly change his mind and join us? CL football? Money? Manchester as a city? If only ONE of the mentioned clubs above offers the same money to Barcelona as us, he will probably join them ahead of us since they have been way more successful then us recently years and his girlfriend who is very keen on living in "modern and fashionabel" city. I think we had our chance and even had an agreement with Barcelona but he didn't want to join us. Only way as I see it is if we sign like 1-2 more players these last days and then 2-3 next while we this season already improve that much that he sees us a real threat to City/Liverpool for the PL title and getiing CL is a must.
News flash.

Chelsea tried to sign him this window and he didn’t fancy it. Also Liverpool can’t afford his wages and City play in the same city.

Keep up old bean.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't give up, this is the final stretch. Bring him home!

Isle

Wasting my 3 posts to bring this thread and him home. As I have said earlier there is no wedding Sky Sports confirmed it. Why and he Depay are in London, a holiday in the middle of the season and that too at the end of the window seems very coincidental.

roodey

Don‘t give up fellow muppets. The end is very near. Still no evidence or pictures from a „wedding“ so i simply can‘t belive those two are in london for some short holidays

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
News flash.

Chelsea tried to sign him this window and he didn’t fancy it. Also Liverpool can’t afford his wages and City play in the same city.

Keep up old bean.
Chelsea didn't make an official bid for him, neither did Liverpool and City can offer a team that is in CL every year, winning the league and aiming for the CL title every year and on top of that has a team full of world class players and manager that is highly rated, probably the highest at the moment together with Klopp. Still dont think his wife/girlfriend would fancy Manchester as a city, so if he leaves next year there will be Chelsea (London), Bayern, PSG if not City. But i still believe he will stay in Barcelona now that they have sorted things out, Barcelona will get rid of Auba, Depay, and a couple other players. They still somehow managed to register all their players and kept De Jong.

Another thing that would make sense is if Bernardo Silva really wants to leave next year, they could just send De Jong to City and Silva to Barcelona.
My point is that i cant find one good reason why De Jong would chose us next year if teams like Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool, City are offering him a deal. Before this transfer window my hope was the Ten Hag and us fans showing how badly we want him here maybe would be enough to make him change his mind and join us, but even though Barcelona openly expressed that they had no problem with him leaving for the right amount of money, not paying his wagers and ETH personally talking to him wasn't enough, i cant find a reason what will next year.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea didn't make an official bid for him, neither did Liverpool and City can offer a team that is in CL every year, winning the league and aiming for the CL title every year and on top of that has a team full of world class players and manager that is highly rated, probably the highest at the moment together with Klopp. Still dont think his wife/girlfriend would fancy Manchester as a city, so if he leaves next year there will be Chelsea (London), Bayern, PSG if not City. But i still believe he will stay in Barcelona now that they have sorted things out, Barcelona will get rid of Auba, Depay, and a couple other players. They still somehow managed to register all their players and kept De Jong.

Another thing that would make sense is if Bernardo Silva really wants to leave next year, they could just send De Jong to City and Silva to Barcelona.
My point is that i cant find one good reason why De Jong would chose us next year if teams like Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool, City are offering him a deal. Before this transfer window my hope was the Ten Hag and us fans showing how badly we want him here maybe would be enough to make him change his mind and join us, but even though Barcelona openly expressed that they had no problem with him leaving for the right amount of money, not paying his wagers and ETH personally talking to him wasn't enough, i cant find a reason what will next year.
Chelsea were told he wasn’t interested so they didn’t bid.

You seem to rate London over Manchester yet suggest if that’s a factor he’d go to Liverpool? I suggest you’ve likely been to neither city.

Basically we will be in a stronger position for all our transfers business with CL football. That’s obviously what we don’t have that others do currently. Being without it will always come at a disadvantage however that said we still managed to sign Casemiro.

If we have a positive season we will be right in the mix again for De Jong unless the player simply doesn’t fancy the PL or England.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is still on, I feel it.

Bah, I was so excited for this to happen. Stupid Frenkie. Overrated fraud anyway.

Wrecking ralf

I’m tempted to throw a bet on this. 10-1. Worth a punt since he’s actually in the country for unknown reasons

LordSpud

To everyone convinced he is staying there is still the conundrum of these truths:

Frenkie wants to stay.
Barca want him gone.
Barca need him to take a big pay cut.
Frenkie isnt going to take one.
Frenkie is owed €17m in deferred payments from Covid years.
Barca dont want to pay it.

When you read these it becomes obvious that he CANNOT stay. So something has to give!

romufc

To everyone convinced he is staying there is still the conundrum of these truths:

Frenkie wants to stay.
Barca want him gone.

When you read these it becomes obvious that he CANNOT stay. So something has to give!
I think these conundrums are all made up.

1. Frenkie wants to stay - correct.
2. Barca want him gone but they pulled levers so he doesnt need to go.
3. Barca want him to take a pay cut, they have now registered all their signings so dont need it to happen.
4/5/6. It is now reported, he is willing to take a pay cut.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Frenkie wants to stay.
Barca want him gone.

No you're right, in ideal circumstances he couldn't and wouldn't stay, but the simple fact remains that he has a contract and he doesn't have to leave, he can stay on that contract.

Barca know that and are desperate to get him to take a cut or leave. The decision rests with him

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
2 days to go... whichever way this ends, its been one hell of a journey
It really wasn’t. It’s been clear for at least a month that this guy doesn’t want to come here.
This thread is endless pages of meaningless spam, maybe 5 pages of actual info and tons of denial/delusions.

Widow

He's going nowhere, Barca have registered all their signings so they don't need to sell. Auba and Depay will leave to ease any new players.

It's been over for a while

Counterfactual

Can we just give a shout-out to all the anti-muppets? Without your attempts to counterbalance the supreme force of joy that is muppetry with your rationality, logic and dourness, we wouldn't have had so much fun or got to 1,774 pages with only "5 pages of actual info"! :D

DavelinaJolie

The thing that doesn't make sense is why would Ten Hag chase someone that he personally knows & made him into a first team regular, if he knew he didn't want join united.

Ten Hag must have really poor social skills or there is something missing.
I think people have been overstating their relationship.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Chelsea were told he wasn’t interested so they didn’t bid.

You seem to rate London over Manchester yet suggest if that’s a factor he’d go to Liverpool? I suggest you’ve likely been to neither city.

Basically we will be in a stronger position for all our transfers business with CL football. That’s obviously what we don’t have that others do currently. Being without it will always come at a disadvantage however that said we still managed to sign Casemiro.

If we have a positive season we will be right in the mix again for De Jong unless the player simply doesn’t fancy the PL or England.
He told every blub that he wasn't interested - he only wanted Barcelona.

I don't rate any city. His girlfriend who is in to fashion does, the media reported that she was a admire of London because it would be a good city for her and her carrier. When it comes to Liverpool, fashion there and fashion in Manchester is the same, but right now Liverpool as a football club is more attractive for every player in the way that they are fighting in all cups and the league while we have not even been close (expect the Europe League final we lost against Villareal) and for a player that is 26 years old next summer, he will probably choose a club were he finds it most realistic to win titles - not saying things can't change in 1 year. We might improve a lot this year, maybe sign 1 more big player this summer and keep adding world class players next while Liverpool might struggle to replace some of their guys and players like Virgil, Salah, Henderson, Firmino gets older and wont be easy to replace. But as of right now, they are more likely to win the PL/CL then us. Next move (either if he signs a new contract with Barcelona or decides to move) will be his last big move since he will be 26 and probably sign a 5-6 year contract.

So, to clarify my point. Its not about the cities, its about the whole picture. In media they reported that De Jong wants a project that suits both him as a footballer and his girlfriend for her carrier in fashions. So its not hard to make the assumption that he would like to live in a city where he can play for a club that can pay him good money and be able to win title and at the same time satisfy his family. In that case, right now, clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool, City can offer either one or both things while we cant promise either of it. If he was sure we could, he would have signed already. I just cant see a reason why he would all suddenly find us as his next club if don't improve drastically. Which I hope we do.

Signing players like Casemiro, Antony - even Martinez and Malacia - will improve our chances, but we need also to make players like Sancho, Rashford, Varane, Martial to step up and maybe add 2-3 more players of the highest level to be able to fight City and Liverpool for the PL title and be in the CL every year. That will help us get the players we want, not only De Jong.

SteveCoppellFan

Guy seems quite happy to be shafted by his club and remain loyal regardless.

He's going to be a bit part this season on lower wages and he's happy with it.

We don't need players like that.

roodey

He's going nowhere, Barca have registered all their signings so they don't need to sell. Auba and Depay will leave to ease any new players.

It's been over for a while
you are right they don‘t need to sell but i‘m sure that some of the first team players won‘t getting excited when they see that de jong earns a lot more money while sitting on the bench and being a luxury substitute

TheReligion

Abusive
He told every club that he wasn't interested - he only wanted Barcelona.

I don't rate any city. His girlfriend who is in to fashion does, the media reported that she was a admire of London because it would be a good city for her and her carrier. When it comes to Liverpool, fashion there and fashion in Manchester is the same, but right now Liverpool as a football club is more attractive for every player in the way that they are fighting in all cups and the league while we have not even been close (expect the Europe League final we lost against Villareal) and for a player that is 26 years old next summer, he will probably choose a club were he finds it most realistic to win titles - not saying things can't change in 1 year. We might improve a lot this year, maybe sign 1 more big player this summer and keep adding world class players next while Liverpool might struggle to replace some of their guys and players like Virgil, Salah, Henderson, Firmino gets older and wont be easy to replace. But as of right now, they are more likely to win the PL/CL then us. Next move (either if he signs a new contract with Barcelona or decides to move) will be his last big move since he will be 26 and probably sign a 5-6 year contract.

So, to clarify my point. Its not about the cities, its about the whole picture. In media they reported that De Jong wants a project that suits both him as a footballer and his girlfriend for her carrier in fashions. So its not hard to make the assumption that he would like to live in a city where he can play for a club that can pay him good money and be able to win title and at the same time satisfy his family. In that case, right now, clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool, City can offer either one or both things while we cant promise either of it. If he was sure we could, he would have signed already. I just cant see a reason why he would all suddenly find us as his next club if don't improve drastically. Which I hope we do.

Signing players like Casemiro, Antony - even Martinez and Malacia - will improve our chances, but we need also to make players like Sancho, Rashford, Varane, Martial to step up and maybe add 2-3 more players of the highest level to be able to fight City and Liverpool for the PL title and be in the CL every year. That will help us get the players we want, not only De Jong.
An awful lot of assumptions being made here

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
And to answer that, yes I have been to Manchester over 20 times, Liverpool only twice though. Also been to London 10+ times.
Not saying its enough to know the cities but to be able to know that London is more of a fashion city then both Manchester and Liverpool doesn't require a lot of knowledge. And again, i didn't say he would chose Liverpool over Manchester because of fashion since but cities have none of it. Point was that Liverpool has more to offer when it comes of chances to win titels right now.

Isle

nobody followed them since they landed? surely there would be some update by now
Last post for today. Yeah that is very weird, when they left everyone knew it and since than no journalists or a interested fan with a phone camera caught any wind of them, it is like public has no idea where they are now. Surely some must have tried to track the plane, and gone to airport to catch a glimpse of them, most likely after landing they were discreetly transported to wherever they were heading in the first place.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
So a wedding has been arranged during the week when premier league fixtures are being played?

Would have been awkward if we had lost to Southampton and Donny missed his own wedding due to being made to run laps around Carrington.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He and the one team mate who is also strongly linked to Man United just happen to go on a mid season holiday together from Barcelona to the place you sort your transfers? Yeah right.

You guys need to drag yourselves out of the mud, this is back on.

frostbite

He and the one team mate who is also strongly linked to Man United just happen to go on a mid season holiday together from Barcelona to the place you sort your transfers? Yeah right.

It was never off! We need de Jong to win the Eredivisie.

Counterfactual

Exactly. And with a suspicious media blackout to boot! It's a story to delight the inner muppet.

Sanchez7

Last post for today. Yeah that is very weird, when they left everyone knew it and since than no journalists or a interested fan with a phone camera caught any wind of them, it is like public has no idea where they are now. Surely some must have tried to track the plane, and gone to airport to catch a glimpse of them, most likely after landing they were discreetly transported to wherever they were heading in the first place.
I saw them at Harrods around 5pm yesterday.

arnie_ni

This thread is a mess so I genuinely need to ask. Are you being serious here as a Chelsea fan thinking this is back on?

nojcarter

So a wedding has been arranged during the week when premier league fixtures are being played?

Would have been awkward if we had lost to Southampton and Donny missed his own wedding due to being made to run laps around Carrington.
Pretty sure Donny could not come in for a few weeks and it would go unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.