Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

I fail to see how this is "embarrassing". United have done everything they could, but at the end of the day, you can't force a player to move. If he'll rather stay at a club where he's owed money and asked for wage cuts, there's nothing you can do, really. We probably should have moved on earlier, but we did get Casemiro in, which is awesome. So all in all, I can't really fault United in all of this.

UnitedWA

But in the end what will happen? Can Barca register all new players, did they pay owed money to de Jong, or he accepted new contract? Can this situation stay in status quo at all?

Cecc

Sorry but almost 2000 pages for one possible transfer is a bit pathetic. You guys can't you just move on?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's been a proper funny thread tbh. Enjoyed all the excitement

little.triangles

Very happy that this thread will not reach 2k posts. Lots of too self-aware Muppets. The true Muppet doesn't know he's a Muppet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Until next year Frenkie, when United are back in the CL and you're the one that's calling ETH begging to be a Red :drool:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
But in the end what will happen? Can Barca register all new players, did they pay owed money to de Jong, or he accepted new contract? Can this situation stay in status quo at all?
Hopefully they go out early in the CL, win feck all and will be I a much worse position next year. We'll get Frenkie for peanuts then

Swedish_Plumber

What a saga. Shame we couldn’t lure him here, but I feel like we’ve brought in players who want to be here and will improve us.

Idxomer

They did register all the players and they're paying De Jong the highest salary at the club.

No one knows what's going to happen next.

worldinmotion66

I fail to see how this is "embarrassing". United have done everything they could, but at the end of the day, you can't force a player to move. If he'll rather stay at a club where he's owed money and asked for wage cuts, there's nothing you can do, really. We probably should have moved on earlier, but we did get Casemiro in, which is awesome. So all in all, I can't really fault United in all of this.
100%

Only thing embarrassing is the state of our deflective fan base that can't embrace negative emotion, accept defeat or understand that you don't always get your own way.

You win some, you lose some.

SteveCoppellFan

Hopefully one day we will find out what really happened in this saga.

You just do not chase a player for months and not get him, we are either really stupid or FDG is one weak individual or a mixture of both.

romufc

Agreed, the funny thing is when it seems like we did move on from him. Ten Hag in his interview in pre season said if we cannot get the right player, we will develop one. Which shows, he moved on from Frenkie.

Obviously, the start of the season showed, you can't develop some of the players and we signed Casemiro.

On Frenkie, I feel the club moved on from him but kept tabs on the situation in case the opportunity to sign was there.

There was no reports of us even offering De Jong wages.

Shark

@NotShark

You just do not chase a player for months and not get him, we are either really stupid or FDG is one weak individual or a mixture of both.
We chased Sancho for more than one summer.

Tibs

So what happens to Barca now?

Who won't be registered and should we be swiping them on a free?

tombombadil

Or maybe from the very beginning, FDJ was willing to join but couldn't because he didn't want to lose the 17 million euros owed to him by Barca? Which in the end Barca were forced to activate their 4th lever after they couldn't force FDJ to leave?

Barca will have very little future revenue to run their over extended business on in the the next few years.

Mercurial

They sold even more of their future revenue. They have already registered all their new players and played them in league games the last few weeks. FDJ is one of their highest paid players and they are benching him for now.
He will probably play once this window shuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.