Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Agreed do not want either one of Mcfred in with De Jong, they should be benched for next season. Maybe Neves or Kone depends how much we have left.
I think both could start next to him, but they would have to adapt to a new/other way of playing than they did this season. More defensive discipline and less focussed on also moving towards the opponents box...

Man-United

I think it would also be so important for Ten Hag to have the confidence and trust of one of the key players from the start who fully embodies and supports his way of playing.

Both for De Jong who's major strenghts were compromised by his role at Barca to be reunited with the manager who got the best out of him and for Ten Hag so have a central key player who trusts him, it sounds ideal...
Was FDJ captain at Ajax? We badly need a leader.

Green Arrow

I think both could start next to him, but they would have to adapt to a new/other way of playing than they did this season. More defensive discipline and less focussed on also moving towards the opponents box...
I think Fred is a box to box MF as is Mctominay, they are not disciplined at all. Maybe you could teach Fred something new I don't know about Mctominay he's just not Utd quality.

GoldanoGraham

What exactly makes people think that he won’t be another di Maria if he signed for us? I mean, he obviously doesn’t want to leave Barca and seems to be getting pushed out. Is he inherently more professional than AdM, and is that obvious ahead of time? I’d rather not go for a player who doesn’t want to be here, regardless of quality…
Woodward isn’t involved for starters……maybe a bit of due diligence and planning has taken place ahead of the ‘shiney new toy’ approach that Woody applied.

Also -ETH knows and trusts him……

Bojan Djordjic

What exactly makes people think that he won’t be another di Maria if he signed for us? I mean, he obviously doesn’t want to leave Barca and seems to be getting pushed out. Is he inherently more professional than AdM, and is that obvious ahead of time? I’d rather not go for a player who doesn’t want to be here, regardless of quality…
Well he’s Dutch so I’m sure he’s fluent in English and communicate with his teammates. His coach is EtH the man who has managed to maximise his abilities in a team unlike LVG and Di Maria. Also, he’s used to similar climate, north European culture etc.

GreatDane

Nothing good can come from this.

He doesn’t want to join us and will only move if forced(Di Maria)

If he does join, then that’s a lot of our budget gone, on 1 player.

We never fecking learn and it’s so infuriating and amateurish.
I'm sorry, but the constant comparisons to Di Maria is also infuriating.

He might not have planned it, but that doesn't mean he would hate to be at a club like Man United - Ten Hag is a manager he knows and likes and as other have mentioned it's alot easier for a Dutch person to settle in Manchester than a person from South America.

I want him, he could be the catalyst we need.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Why are they getting rid of him?
Barcelona need salary margin to make signings due to the financial fair play of the Spanish league.

They are actually pretty well stacked in his position. Massive debt and this obsession Barca have to keep buying player they cant afford. All this combined means they need cash and De Jong is expendable.
What forces Barcelona to sell to FDJ in order to register players is the FFP of the Spanish league. Without that Barcelona would have no problem signing the players they want and without selling De Jong.

Rolaholic

Is it just me or does this feel like another Di Maria situation?

not serious, Ten Hag knows what he's doing

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He will only go as a piece in a Barca transfer domino - he won’t be going anywhere unless Barca hook themselves up with some more serious wages…..unless there are some strong comments from the player himself then this is all just hearsay
It's not just "hear say", Barca are so broke they can't pay salaries. They need to find money from somewhere.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He needs to be convinced? I've said this before, but this screams of Di Maria.
Would you trust the judgement and sense of someone that doesn't need to be convinced?

BarstoolProphet

Is it just me or does this feel like another Di Maria situation?

not serious, Ten Hag knows what he's doing
Saw your white text but searching for 'Di Maria or AdM' yields 8 pages of results from this thread alone, which is quite impressive.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not just "hear say", Barca are so broke they can't pay salaries. They need to find money from somewhere.
Barcelona can pay salaries. The issues is that between the loans they took and FFP, they need to lower their wage bill, in order to be a lot more comfortable financially and also because currently they can't register new players.

Bojan Djordjic

Barcelona can pay salaries. The issues is that between the loans they took and FFP, they need to lower their wage bill, in order to be a lot more comfortable financially and also because currently they can't register new players.
So do we by the looks of our accounts today.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Was FDJ captain at Ajax? We badly need a leader.
Then you should sign De Ligt. He was Ajax' captain and the leader. Arguably he was already the leader at 17 when the played the EL final against United.

Frenkie definitely is not a leader. A great player, but dont expect him to get things going when you're getting bullied. He's anything but that kind of player.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I'm sorry, but the constant comparisons to Di Maria is also infuriating.

He might not have planned it, but that doesn't mean he would hate to be at a club like Man United
Exactly. Its one of the most stupid points Ive heard. 'If he doesnt want to be here..'. Well of course if he came out and said I reaply dont want to go there and then still signs then I'd understand. But the fact that United may not be his first choice does not mean that he doesnt want to be here.

He's actually showing commitment to a project he signed on for two years ago. That should be a positive, rather than a negative argument. It means he's loyal, has commitment and doesn't want to quit after some backlash. Isn't that exactly what you'd want in a new recruit? It means he'll bring that to you if he does sign for United.

If he really does not want to be at United, he won't sign. If he does sign, it means he's committed to the cause. The fact that he thinks about it is fairly normal. It means he actually cares about his future and the project he signs up for, rather than just sign the next big paycheck that comes by.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Di Maria comparisons aren’t daft at all. If he doesn’t want to be here and is pushed to us as his only option. If we have a bit of a crap year next year then he could feasibly push for a move if someone attractive to him gives him the option and we could be looking at a loss and square one.

Dominos

The Di Maria comparisons aren’t daft at all. If he doesn’t want to be here and is pushed to us as his only option. If we have a bit of a crap year next year then he could feasibly push for a move if someone attractive to him gives him the option and we could be looking at a loss and square one.
ETH has worked with him before, has certainly spoke to him already, and will speak to him even more before he joins. If he hated the thought of joining and was going to sulk for a year then leave, I'd trust ETH might be in a better place to decide that compared to posters on redcafes transfer forum.

AndyMUFC

If we get De Jong and are not gonna sign a DM then we should play a three of him, VDB and Fred/McTominay with Bruno on the wing because we need some control of the midfield and can't expect FDJ to do it all on his own.

Another midfielder with him is preferable though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If we get De Jong and are not gonna sign a DM then we should play a three of him, VDB and Fred/McTominay with Bruno on the wing because we need some control of the midfield and can't expect FDJ to do it all on his own.

Another midfielder with him is preferable though.
Yup and also not signing DM could cause need to play Timber there, which will nullify his original purpose.

Looking forward to a day when DM allergy is cured in this club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any translation?
Sorry for the late reply someone else already did so but basically it says they have a big problem to even register players as most are on contracts and eager to stay.

Basically this bodes very well for us or anyone who wants de jong as he is their only valuable asset with a high selling value as they won't ever sell the likes of pedri and gavi.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
'Prefers not to leave Barcelona'' and 'doesnt want to be here' are not two mutually exclusive things, people need to realize this...

There are so many people in here doing so many assumptions about what Frenkie de Jong wants or doesnt want, and are drawing conclusions out of these unverified/unconfirmed assumptions about wanting or not wanting him.. Unreal how quick people draw conclusions based on unverified unnuanced journalistic statements..

Holocene

It sounds very good, but we would still be missing the all important defensive midfielder.
Still light on the wide areas too. Unless Nunez is to be used as a make shift wide forward.

If Rashford gets back to his best it won't be much of an issue. But right now, I'd say it's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.