Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why are they getting rid of him?
They are actually pretty well stacked in his position. Massive debt and this obsession Barca have to keep buying player they cant afford. All this combined means they need cash and De Jong is expendable.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Sounds like we are pressing on with trying to make the deal a possibility, I just hope we don't waste time here. I honestly think Djibril Sow of Eintracht Frankfurt is worth a look in.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Why are they getting rid of him?
Gavi, Pedri, Busquets with Nico, Kessie as backups is a decent midfield. Their other positions are shit and need strengthening.

De Jong has proven to be incompatible with Busquets at the highest level, and he is one of their few players (alongside Gavi and Pedri) that could bring in a big fee.

Rolaholic

Sounds like we are pressing on with trying to make the deal a possibility, I just hope we don't waste time here. I honestly think Djibril Sow of Eintracht Frankfurt is worth a look in.
Most likely by next week things will become clear. We should move on if by next week we dont make progress
Yea doesn't sound like the club are going to fuss around too much unnecessarily if things aren't clear soon from the next tweet

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If he isn't fully committed to coming here, fair enough. We move onto other targets.
United need to know as soon as possible though.

Andrew7582

I can't see him choosing us over Bayern, much safer move for him to go to Bayern.

SER19

Just cant see this happening. Havent felt it since the first evening of rumour.

DavelinaJolie

So in the last two pages, Utd have ruled him out, Utd are going hard for him, and Barca are going to use him as a goodwill sale to Bayern.

Yep. I'll just wait until he actually moves/stays before I place any faith in any of it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I can't see him choosing us over Bayern, much safer move for him to go to Bayern.
It's not, at United he'd be a starter at the 1st game. If he goes to Bayern he'll have to take a spot from either Kimmich, Goretzka or Muller which is... not an easy thing.

Rolaholic

It's not, at United he'd be a starter at the 1st game. If he goes to Bayern he'll have to take a spot from either Kimmich, Goretzka or Muller which is... not an easy thing.
They just signed another Dutch midfielder who plays in similar positions too in Gravenberch

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Muller hasn't got much left, though he really shouldn't worry about frenkie taking up his spot, different players.

But yeah your point stands as he would have a more difficult time establishing himself there compared to us.

Andrew7582

Maybe he is seen as a replacement for Thiago who they have missed since he left. They tried with Marc Roca but he flopped there.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Maybe he is seen as a replacement for Thiago who they have missed since he left. They tried with Marc Roca but he flopped there.
Goretzka already filled that gap. Now you could think they'll go back to a 3 player midfield once Muller declines but people are expecting Muller to be out of the team for maybe 5 years and he's still one of their most important players. On top of that as Rolaholic mentionned, they just recruited Gravenbech. What happened with Sabitzer should be a warning for De Jong.

Andrew7582

Goretzka already filled that gap. Now you could think they'll go back to a 3 player midfield once Muller declines but people are expecting Muller to be out of the team for maybe 5 years and he's still one of their most important players. On top of that as Rolaholic mentionned, they just recruited Gravenbech. What happened with Sabitzer should be a warning for De Jong.
Goretzka is a very different player, more box to box, and according to bayern fans they have missed a player who can do what Thiago did. Gravenberch looks like a more attacking player that will play higher up, different from De Jong, and he's very young still.

ti vu

Goretzka is a very different player, more box to box, and according to bayern fans they have missed a player who can do what Thiago did. Gravenberch looks like a more attacking player that will play higher up, different from De Jong, and he's very young still.
Thiago is very different to FdJ too. Thiago would blend in better in Barcelona current set up than FdJ. Barcelona may consider FdJ as transferable for this difference.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That's true but unless Bayern changes there formation, there's only 2 spots in the midfield so either way, De Jong would have to take Goretzka's (because Kimmich is untouchable) and that's not an easy thing to do. He's german and well liked as far as I know. That's not what I would consider a safe move at all, considering De Jong doesn't seem to be very strong mentally, Bayern could chew him and spit him out the way they do with players that don't meet their expectations.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That's true but unless Bayern changes there formation, there's only 2 spots in the midfield so either way, De Jong would have to take Goretzka's (because Kimmich is untouchable) and that's not an easy thing to do. He's german and well liked as far as I know. That's not what I would consider a safe move at all, considering De Jong doesn't seem to be very strong mentally, Bayern could chew him and spit him out the way they do with players that don't meet their expectations.
Amongst other things, this is why I don’t see him going to Bayern. He wouldn’t be an instant starter. Nagelsmann might change their setup (especially if Lewandowski is leaving) but he would have to hope for injuries or a lack of form from Goretzka

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’ll be surprised if he goes to Bayern, given they have enough midfielders. I will be disappointed if he chooses to play in farmer league with PSG

croadyman

I’ll be surprised if he goes to Bayern, given they have enough midfielders. I will be disappointed if he chooses to play in farmer league with PSG
People talk about us signing the likes of Zlatan, Pogba & Di Maria without Champions League, however none of those were constantly saying about wanting to play in it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yea doesn't sound like the club are going to fuss around too much unnecessarily if things aren't clear soon from the next tweet

I think he will choose Bayern. And I think we should go find someone else, as we don’t have the budget to make more than a few expensive signings this summer. We should go for moneyball signings instead (not more than 20-30m each).

DevilRed

This is so obviously going to happen.

When the manager comes out and basically says you can leave, you're gone.

Just depends whether its us or another team like citeh.

But with Ten Hag, I think we have the edge, even without the CL.

pascell

This is so obviously going to happen.

When the manager comes out and basically says you can leave, you're gone.

Just depends whether its us or another team like citeh.

But with Ten Hag, I think we have the edge, even without the CL.
More likely to be Bayern and they negotiate a swap deal including Lewandowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.