Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
They sure do talk a lot about a player which they rate and want to keep.

JustinC00

Xavi clearly is fine with him being sold with the way he's saying about how he's a key player for him but it depends on their economic situation. If you want him, you want him. He's not gonna come outright and say "yes we have to sell him" because than Barcelona are gonna get lowballed.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This just came up on my YouTube feed... why are they making him do this bollocks??

Anyway. De Jong. He's not gonna come here - we need to be looking at more Brighton, Wolves, Leicester players. Shitters.
Each one of them teams has at least 1 midfielder that is better then the whole of our midfield :lol: Liverpool signed Henderson from Sunderland and Roberson from hull and made them world beaters ffs.

Keyser

Looks like we're putting all our eggs in this basket, we need to make sure it comes off.
It literally looks nothing like that

One link from Romero, Barca being a bit coy about his future and him previously having played under ETH have spawned all the pages and this assumption

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
"95% done"
Romero is clickbaity as feck
To be fair we have no idea what the truth is. All of these press statements are to be interpreted, and the reality could be very different.

Catalandevil

"95% done"
Romero is clickbaity as feck
Romero is really reliable for Barça. In fact, I have no doubts that there have been conversations between Barça and United for De Jong. However, since Romero opened his Twitch Jigantes, he has been exaggerating a bit to obtain viewers. Well, he as well as other similar journalists.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Each one of them teams has at least 1 midfielder that is better then the whole of our midfield :lol: Liverpool signed Henderson from Sunderland and Roberson from hull and made them world beaters ffs.
Exactly, that's what I expect Ten Hag to do.

pascell

It literally looks nothing like that

One link from Romero, Barca being a bit coy about his future and him previously having played under ETH have spawned all the pages and this assumption
Yes, because we're being linked with plenty of CM/CDM. Or do you consider Lazios president whoring out Milinkovic-Savic as being linked with a CM?

Raven

Competitive, in any sense. Not getting brushed aside by city and liverpool. Not being unfancied in every game. Were not going near title but huge strides will be made if were actually a good well coached side again. We need a midfield. Brightons is superior. So is West Hams. We're so far off in that area its incredible
Adding FDJ would improve our midfield enormously, he would give us something we've lacked forever and also be one of if not the best midfielders in the league.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What are our replacement options ? I have no idea if there is a player remotely similar to FDJ who is available.

Fabian Ruiz, Soler, Nunes (Sporting) all could be interesting options.

croadyman

Going yet another season without a defensively minded midfielder would be asking for trouble. It'd be much worse in fact, seeing as Matic is leaving and was the only one capable of performing in that role. We absolutely NEED two midfielders to replace the outgoing Matic and Pogba - it shouldn't be a case of either or. To ignore it would be borderline criminal negligence and would put a real downer on the new regime.
Yeah surely with Matic gone we couldn't possibly be that negligent again

Keyser

Yes, because we're being linked with plenty of CM/CDM. Or do you consider Lazios president whoring out Milinkovic-Savic as being linked with a CM?
So you take no news as nothing is happening?

redsunited

Xavi clearly is fine with him being sold with the way he's saying about how he's a key player for him but it depends on their economic situation. If you want him, you want him. He's not gonna come outright and say "yes we have to sell him" because than Barcelona are gonna get lowballed.
They are getting their fan base mentally ready for the player leaving. He is clearly available in the market and for the right price.

Bwuk

Barca have been messing around Gavis renewal apparently…

Get them both.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Romano mentioned that Barca wants 80m euros for him. Some reports earlier suggested we want to pay around 60m euros for him. That's why latest comments from Laporta. They are going to sell to highest bidder and want to drive the price up as much as possible as he is the only player that will fetch them good money.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I feel he's worth 80 mill but it's understandable to try to lowball them considering their perilous financial situation.

We could possibly get him for a lot lower than that obviously if nobody is in for him but then we're risking him possibly missing the pre season with us in that case.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
50 million is the absolute max.
80 million for someone who's been utterly underwhelming for atleast 2 campaigns is abit mad.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
50 million is the absolute max.
80 million for someone who's been utterly underwhelming for atleast 2 campaigns is abit mad.
If United are only going to offer €50M it is better not to waste valuable time to look for other players.
Soler for 25M is a great signing.
Zubimendi 50-60M

Teja

I hope it's just stuck on finances rather than the player himself not wanting to come.

Finances can be solved if ETH really wants him.

Artimities

I feel Lewandowski (spelling?) is the key part of the puzzle. If he signs for Barca then DeJong is more than likely looking to sign with us.

copen1945

With the Phillips to Man City link, we might have one less competition for De Jong. Good news.

NoPace

What are our replacement options ? I have no idea if there is a player remotely similar to FDJ who is available.

Fabian Ruiz, Soler, Nunes (Sporting) all could be interesting options.
Only seen Nunes a couple times but he looked a really good fit for the Prem in particular. Could see Liverpool going for him after missing out on Tchouameni.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we are really serious about this, we need to get it done. Replicating the Woodward method of offering a bag of fish and chips will show we still haven't learnt anything.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Only seen Nunes a couple times but he looked a really good fit for the Prem in particular. Could see Liverpool going for him after missing out on Tchouameni.
have they missed out on Tchouameni for sure? I know Madrid are leading the way, but they seem to have caught the United transfer feck-up illness recently...

quethenoo

Were getting him boys..... or at least someone is going to.

Talking about Luuk de Jong I think.

At least a dozen players shouldn't still be in the locker room. The casualty list is very clear: Neto, Dest, Umtiti, Lenglet, Mingueza, Riqui Puig, Adama, Braithwaite, Luuk De Jong, Memphis and Dembélé. To which must be added the loaned Trincao and Pjanic.

The problem is that most of them (except De Jong, who ends his loan, and Dembélé, who is free after his impossible renewal) have a valid contract. And the club will have to negotiate, one by one, their dismissals.

Status
Not open for further replies.