Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt

I really want Frenkie here, think he'd be a great signing but we simply can't waste time this summer. If it's not happening we need to move on and find an alternate option. Just cannot afford an all summer long saga and it not happen aka so many we've seen in the past! If we haven't got it done in a couple weeks, move on.

Bestietom

Think this will be another saga. We will keep negotiating until end of transfer window, then say he was too costly. Same with Nunez and Savic, IF we are really interested.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We probably have a bigger hit rate than not in our saga's.

Pogba, Varane, Bruno in January and we eventually got the Sancho deal done, granted a season later, and I'm sure there's a few more.

If United are in this deal in the long run then I think the percentages will likely favour us in closing the deal.

Probably bend-over backwards though in succumbing to all his demands. Well, that's what Woodward and Judge would've done.

Bestietom

We probably have a bigger hit rate than not in our saga's.

Pogba, Varane, Bruno in January and we eventually got the Sancho deal done, granted a season later, and I'm sure there's a few more.

If United are in this deal in the long run then I think the percentages will likely favour us in closing the deal.
Bruno was the only saga of those 3. It took year and a half. Varane and pogba were quick.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Still need another midfielder next to him, and i fear we wont prioritize that this summer. He could easily be another Pogba type flop if this happend.

Bestietom

Pogba was not quick.
When it came out that we were interested in bringing him back the fee was reached quickly.
Woodward was the cause of most sagas by offering a small percentage of the buy out clause for players ( sometimes to pretend to fans that we were interested) and prolonging this by adding an extra 5 million after weeks of negotiating. Transfers were 1 at a time (Saga's) and we lost out on many top players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we are really serious about this, we need to get it done. Replicating the Woodward method of offering a bag of fish and chips will show we still haven't learnt anything.
When it came out that we were interested in bringing him back the fee was reached quickly.
Woodward was the cause of most sagas by offering a small percentage of the buy out clause for players ( sometimes to pretend to fans that we were interested) and prolonging this by adding an extra 5 million after weeks of negotiating. Transfers were 1 at a time (Saga's) and we lost out on many top players.
Can barely keep up on the caf these days - is it that we splurge loads of money on what turns out to be the wrong players or is it that we are stingy and don’t spend anything? Or perhaps whichever makes us look worse in an given conversation?

Bestietom

Can barely keep up on the caf these days - is it that we splurge loads of money on what turns out to be the wrong players or is it that we are stingy and don’t spend anything? Or perhaps whichever makes us look worse in an given conversation?
Think we need so many positions filled with better players and with a kitty of 120million as we have been told. It's hard to decide which area is needed to favour spending most on. Midfield, Forwards, or Backline. A top player in any of these positions is going to put a big hole in transfer kitty. Say 80 million for Frenkie de Jong, would leave just 40million for a CF or wide forward.
Ten Hag may have to sell a few players first before he knows exactly what he has, to improve these areas.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think we need so many positions filled with better players and with a kitty of 120million as we have been told. It's hard to decide which area is needed to favour spending most on. Midfield, Forwards, or Backline. A top player in any of these positions is going to put a big hole in transfer kitty. Say 80 million for Frenkie de Jong, would leave just 40million for a CF or wide forward.
Ten Hag may have to sell a few players first before he knows exactly what he has, to improve these areas.
The 120m is likely rubbish.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Still need another midfielder next to him, and i fear we wont prioritize that this summer. He could easily be another Pogba type flop if this happend.
He'll be the worst parts of the Di Maria and Pogba signings combined if this deal somehow inexplicably goes through.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
CM takes priority. If we don't have a solid CM then defence will remain exposed and there won't be enough creativity for our forwards to work with. Second priority should be STK followed by defence

Bestietom

CM takes priority. If we don't have a solid CM then defence will remain exposed and there won't be enough creativity for our forwards to work with. Second priority should be STK followed by defence
I agree, But it will depend on how much he has to pay out on Midfield or how quickly he can sell some players to increase transfer budget.
Right your manager. Say if you were offered a top midfielder and a top forward, both costing 80 million each and you only had 120million budget. It would be hard to decide which one to go for atm.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I agree, But it will depend on how much he has to pay out on Midfield or how quickly he can sell some players to increase transfer budget.
Right your manager. Say if you were offered a top midfielder and a top forward, both costing 80 million each and you only had 120million budget. It would be hard to decide which one to go for atm.
United lack players of quality and attitude. Our first priority should be to clear house of all this toxicity. Thus we need as many players possible which means that we will be forced to take risks. I also believe that we should be ready to listen to offers for the likes of Rashford as well. It will increase our funds + We need to deliver the message that we have little room for underperforming players whose focus lies elsewhere

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If you had of asked the same question 4 or 5 years ago I would of said absolutely but not anymore. Just hasn't kicked on and will probably end up at some midtable la liga club.
So yes I guess? We're not far off any midtable la liga club these days

JustinC00

120million as we have been told.
Yes. We were told by a journo who was clearly briefed by someone at United. If it got reported we had 200m we'd be get held over the barrel for every quid the selling team wants

DarkDog

This was said in response to rumors that Man Utd had very limited budget. So we can all forget about De Jong and everybody over 50 mil, don't get your hopes up. And that might be good. we have to find bargains. the next nkunku, the next modric etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

This was said in response to rumors that Man Utd had very limited budget. So we can all forget about De Jong and everybody over 50 mil, don't get your hopes up. And that might be good. we have to find bargains. the next nkunku, the next modric etc.
It’s not ‘us’ fans that need to forget about De Jong - it’s the club, who knows exactly what they can apend, who are trying to sign him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With the latest accounts I wouldn't be surprised if this summer is very quiet. Meh.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No, it's pretty simple. Either we're interested so get it done. Or we aren't and don't, and move on to sign who we do want. Or are you denying that Woodward's faffing about didn't cost us our targets?

Sparky Rhiwabon

No more big signings along the lines of Wan Bissaka, Fred and Maguire then

Status
Not open for further replies.