Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
according to Duncan Castles

Juventus are open to the sale of Paul Pogba in the coming transfer window and have encouraged the France international's agent in his efforts to find the midfielder a new club. The Italian champions have been budgeting on taking a transfer fee of least €80million for Pogba since agreeing that price with Barcelona last summer.

Barca reached that deal on the basis that Pogba remained in Serie A for one further season before moving to the Camp Nou ahead of their 2016-17 campaign. The agreement was also predicated on the Catalan club successfully negotiating a contract with Pogba, whose representative, Mino Raiola, had established vertiginous demands of a €12m after tax salary.

The Spanish champions' priorities have shifted in the months since, however, with the club's finances tightening due to the expected loss of substantial sponsorship revenues from Qatar at the same time as Neymar presses for a huge new contract. Rather than acquire Pogba to play in midfield, coach Luis Enrique has requested that the club concentrate recruitment resources on strengthening the center of defense.

Though Neymar is expected to sign improved terms this month, increasing his €190m release clause, it is understood that the Brazil forward has yet to make a final decision on where he will play next season. Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United have all made overtures to the 24-year-old with Madrid, in particular, promising to shield Neymar from the tax investigation that has unsettled him in Barcelona.

Pogba, meanwhile, has been left to canvas Europe's other elite clubs for a potential place of employment. With Pep Guardiola requesting an overhaul of every section of his new squad, Manchester City have focused their attentions elsewhere, while Chelsea have shown no sign of investing such a sum on a single player, and can no longer offer Champions League football.

At present, Pogba is understood to have two firm offers. One is from Manchester United, who despite missing out on Champions League qualification for the second time in three years remain obsessed with the idea of bringing an elite player to Old Trafford. The other is PSG, whose ownership by Qatar, provides them with the finances to try and tempt Pogba to commit himself to Ligue 1 football.

If neither proposal holds the appeal of Barcelona's to Pogba, Juventus are preparing their summer trading in the expectation of a sale. The club has approached Andre Gomes to assess the young Portugal midfielder's interest in joining them from Valencia.
http://www.oneworldsports.com/?cID=4441

PS: I know there's a Pogba thread in October, but say no to Mega threads and all.

Bwuk

Yes please.

Martial - Zlatan - Rashford
Pogba
Schneiderlin - Rooney​

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Makes a lot of sense if we can stomach the idea of losing him on a free then buying him back for a world record fee (for a midfielder). He'd probably like playing with Martial, Morgan, and being reunited with Januzaj.

LouisDanGaal

Castles is clearly setting us up just so he can do a follow up article attacking all of the players united have been linked with only to miss out on.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Duncan is the ass licker for mendes and mourinho. If mou is our new manager, you can expect most of Duncan's news to be true. Considering we were offering 80 million euros (including add ons) for renato sanches, I think there might be some truth here.

Cheekiey

I'd like to think the Mourinho factor would have a part to play aswel as having friends at United and a few French speaking players.

& obviously the factor of him and Jesse having a Dab-off.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Castles is clearly setting us up just so he can do a follow up article attacking all of the players united have been linked with only to miss out on.
That was my thought too.

His logic isn't far wrong though.

If we did sign him, I think we would have to accept that we wouldn't have him for long again and understand that that isn't the worst thing in the world.

I suspect he is motivated by earning a move to Barcelona or Real Madrid and that would be what drives him and pushes him on for 3 or 4 years before we recoup our outlay and make a profit on top.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Would be a solid signing. Have a feeling he might be Barca/Madrid bound, though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
DDG
Darmian - Smalling - Rooney - Shaw
Pogba - Verratti
Griezmann - James - Martial
Zlatan​

Norris

Never going to happen. He wouldn't want to come here. Barca or madrid for him.

FujiVice

I wonder what would cause more joy. If it was announced Pogba had signed or if Van Gaal announced his departure.

Red Stone

Anyone would want in on the action if we got Mourinho and Zlatan. I'd be cutting a wide berth if we stuck with van Gaal and Rooney, though.

The solution is clear. Hire Mou, sign Pog.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We actually do stand the chance here.
Barca don't have the money with the new Neymar contract
Real, while probably interested, have Kroos and Modric
Atletico don't have the money
Bayern have Kimmich, Sanches, Alonso, Martinez, Thiago and even Alaba and Lahm for the central positions
Borussia don't have the money
Chelsea looks like a worse choice than us currently
City are more interested in Gundogan and Weigl, Pogba doesn't look like Pep's kind of player

PSG is our most dangerous opponent. Matuidi - Verratti - Pogba will be absolutely awesome tbh.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Would be a solid signing. Have a feeling he might be Barca/Madrid bound, though.
Don't know about that, he's obviously got unfinished business with us (as he mentions us in every fecking interview) and his issue was with Fergie and not the club, Barca simply can't afford him and Madrid may have a transfer ban but are also unlikely to be in the market for a player in Pogba's position. Also, we've recently been in contact with Ibra's agent who he shares with Pogba so maybe there's more to this story. Castles' supposedly knowing Mourinho would also probably give him a bit of an inside look on our transfer business. Not sure I want Castles as our mouthpiece though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
From spending months preparing/submitting/processing bids to making two FIRM offers for one player in one day.

We're going places!