Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ok I am now sure he is coming because of Barca's extremely precarious financial situation and because players other than Frankie are also insisting to be paid. The plates are going to stop spinning soon.
Nope. Step out of that bandwagon, it's too late. :p

MF1138

Harry's source at United should really clue United in on what Frenkie wants :lol:

LordSpud

The Bruno transfer had Barcelona enter into talks with Sporting and make a bid for him shortly before we wrapped it up

It was that bid, if i remember correctly, that spurred us into paying what Sporting wanted and it was done shortly after
*clipped the link because I still can't post media*

Precisely! Sometimes I wonder if United just feed other teams into the mix to make it seem like we still have a lot of pulling power. Granted, most of those transfers in the end up being high prices and even higher wages but still.

Superunknown

Season starts tonight and we're not really any closer with this one.

Heigh-ho, heigh-no,
It's Scott & Fred we go.
*whistle as I cry*

PoTMS

Embarrassing is often overused on here but it is probably the most apt description of all parties in this 'saga'.

peridigm

So according to ETH is FDJ or no one.
I never understood that logic. What will we do next year, try to buy him again? It worked with Sancho because no one else wanted him and he only wanted to come back to Manchester.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That could be the start of the briefs. Let’s see what happens in next few hours.

Infra-red

If true, it can only mean that the player has definitively rejected United. Up to Chelsea to see if they can work out a deal with Barca/De Jong, but we are ruled out.

Let's wait and see, because if the player has genuinely said 'no' to us, you'd expect us to get our side of the story out there pretty quickly to try to mitigate the inevitable blowback from wasting 13 weeks of the window.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why shock start? He must start fully on merit - he was the second best CM during pre-season, only behind Fred - and then again Iqbal and Fred potentially can be effective, because Iqbal is more of a DPL
Its a shock because it's unexpected....

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Will be glorious when he joins us. I’ll say it again, he’s not going to Chelsea you daft cnuts

RedMilo

Embarrassing is often overused on here but it is probably the most apt description of all parties in this 'saga'.
The inevitable statement of spin will be something to behold. I'm going to the game on Sunday, was hoping this one was done and dusted. I've got a feeeling he will fastrak Iqbal to the squad now, and we'll end up either over-spending on Antony or under-spending on Ziyech (who at best is a poor man's nani)

Wing Attack Plan R

When this is all said and done, and FDJ leads us out of the tunnel onto the pitch, can we get a postmortem assessment of this entire Farcelona transfer saga? A summary of which pundits were bluffing the whole time, the false suitors, the fake ITK press leaks, and ultimately revealing what the player involved really wanted the whole time, please.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Seems like it. I'm betting this tweet is based off Redknapps interview before. If it really isn't, then I expect the club to brief soon
Is Hirst not top-tier though in terms of reliability? And I'm skeptical that he'd be using Harry Redknapp as a source

Castia

To make matters even worse didn't he hint that it's FdJ or no one?

I didn't think it could get this bad. To chase a midfielder for 3 months and fail is unforgivable but to then not have backup options? :lol: you have to laugh.

#ForeverMcFred

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If it’s either Chelsea or Barca, we need to hope he stays at Barca and we get him next season when we’re champions

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Where has Hirst said this by the way? I can’t see an article or a tweet from him

Status
Not open for further replies.