Friendly v Preston called off due to suspected covid cases | None within first team group

pascell

Too late.

If police are warned of rest day duties (as much football policing involves) with less than 5 days notice they are entitled to enhanced payments which adds a lot to the costs.
Pretty sure with how volatile the covid situation is, these additional costs and enhanced payments would've been factored into negotiations between the two clubs.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Surprised we'd make a point of playing them again. Not like it'd be a stipulation in a contract over a transfer or anything.

We'll probably play them as our last pre-season match next summer after we're back from America or Asia.

Red00012

Can we get another game fixed in the meantime .. Leeds is getting closer and closer

Dante

Average bang
It's not ideal. But as long as the players are able to get back to training, we should be okay.

I'd imagine the squad will play a couple of behind-closed-doors matches with full XIs against each other. If Ole can convince them that there are places against Leeds up for grabs, it should work to increase everyone's match sharpness.

Preseason is mostly a cash grab anyway. With squads of 25 players, these days a top team could just about get away with doing all of it in-house. The main downside will be for the fans.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We have to play another team. An Intra squad friendly isn’t enough at this point of the preseason. We are less than 2 weeks out before the season starts.

Judas

Open to offers
Last season proved how key it is to get match fit, these fitness games are massively important, not in terms of results, but getting minutes into the players. Hopefully we can figure something out so we don't start the season half asleep again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Solskjær talks up Manchester United’s title hopes and knows pressure is on

It is an increasingly thorny issue in football circles with certain players fearing the injections could affect their careers adversely.
“Some here are already fully vaccinated, others are not so sure,” says Solskjær, who signed a three-year contract extension last month. “We’re going to have a bigger session [educating the squad about the vaccine]. It’s important everyone understands what it’s about.”
Solskjær knows that without blanket immunisations the potential for chaos will be greater and he sounds desperate to escape the need for restrictive Covid secure squad bubbles.
WTf. I would have thought that Ed would have made it mandatory esp when we need to protect our assets. I bet Phil Jones was first in line to have got his two jabs. And do these footballers know that they had not taken any courses in virology whilst coming through the ranks or the United Academy?

The Athletic had a deep dive on it where they said only around 40% of the league have been vaccinated. They also noted that English players in the Premier League have 'substantially lower' vaccine rates than overseas players in the PL.

Still hoping for it to be mandatory by October, as has been rumoured. It would be completely silly if all fans attending have to prove vaccination status but players are fine to do whatever.

I see some clubs are already opposing it though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As I said, @bosnian_red ;)

Several players “aren’t so sure” about the vaccines.
Well we don't know the split up! In the UK the 18-29 age group seems to be at ~60% with at least 1 dose, and back in June when they did a look at the vaccination rates, 40% seemed like roughly what it was in the UK as a whole. So I'm still not sure if there's anything specific going on for athletes or if it's just following what the rate is in the country.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The Athletic had a deep dive on it where they said only around 40% of the league have been vaccinated. They also noted that English players in the Premier League have 'substantially lower' vaccine rates than overseas players in the PL.

Still hoping for it to be mandatory by October, as has been rumoured. It would be completely silly if all fans attending have to prove vaccination status but players are fine to do whatever.

I see some clubs are already opposing it though.
If they don't make it mandatory for the players, I cant see how it won't be disruptive for any manager especially when they are involved in very heavy match schedules.
If I was the club owner and I am paying my players over 100K a week, I wouldn't make it a choice. Slave or otherwise.