Television From - TV Series | Season 2 final episode has aired, beware spoilers

wr8_utd

:'(
I know from the TV thread that a number of people have watched this. For those who have not, here is a trailer:

So, what are our theories for what is going on? I think it's on pretty much everyone's mind that this feels like Lost 2.0. What do we think the white lights are? Who do we think answered the radio at the end? Who is showing up in the bus?

wr8_utd

Also, loved the little subtle reference to Lost and its ending, at the start of the season :lol:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It's okay, but they should've done more with the main premise, which is the most interesting, instead of keep adding more and more other and not really interesting mysteries. Like those you mentioned, I really don't care about anything of that. In a better show, with better cast and characters (really, like Lost), it might not matter, I would probably be still interested, but not so much in this. First season ended with yet another mystery, and on a cliffhanger, but it's not gripping, it doesn't make you yearn for another season, it's just...whatever.

I like Michael in it...others are very very forgettable.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I thought it was all pretty solid, and the Lost-awareness hopefully means the writers are actually going somewhere...but I also fear it's vastly easier to ask interesting questions than give satisfying answers.

The sheriff is such a good actor, real powerhouse performance imo.

wr8_utd

The questions that need answering have definitely piled up and you'd hope they actually start answering a lot of them rather than just bring in another bus load of characters with more back stories.

Big Andy

Bloke
What is this on in the UK? Need a good series to start after finishing Stranger Things.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Since Walking Dead dropped the ball a bit, this makes hopes for me, there's decent survival show to watch.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Great show, maybe my favourite of the year.

Anyone else watched it?

Lighthouse is where the people who Jim spoke to on the radio live

Sheriff will be like Matthew McConaughey got stuck behind the fireplace in interstellar

Victor is a go-between the monsters and the people

The coach that arrives will lead to an us v them situation

Boy in white is trying to lead them to safety?

wr8_utd

Great show, maybe my favourite of the year.

Anyone else watched it?

Lighthouse is where the people who Jim spoke to on the radio live

Sheriff will be like Matthew McConaughey got stuck behind the fireplace in interstellar

Victor is a go-between the monsters and the people

The coach that arrives will lead to an us v them situation

Boy in white is trying to lead them to safety?
Boy in white definitely seems to be up to some good unless we're all spectacularly wrong.

I'm quite interested to see what happens to the creatures in the day. We heard that they sleep in that underground place?

As for the coach arriving, I read some theories that there is a minimum number of residents that must be maintained within the village/world and they're coming in to replace all the casualties.

Also YouTube has some pretty interesting theory videos with things you wouldn't remotely have considered.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Boy in white definitely seems to be up to some good unless we're all spectacularly wrong.

I'm quite interested to see what happens to the creatures in the day. We heard that they sleep in that underground place?

As for the coach arriving, I read some theories that there is a minimum number of residents that must be maintained within the village/world and they're coming in to replace all the casualties.

Also YouTube has some pretty interesting theory videos with things you wouldn't remotely have considered.
coach thing could make sense. /SPOILER]

SuperiorXI

Just watching this, it's a good plot so far but some of the acting is poor, especially the mum character and the little kid is so bad. Is he the directors son or something? :lol:

Strootman's Finger

Looks really intriguing, but the problem with shows like this, and I have been burned many times, they are cancelled without warning before they are resolved, or the are cancelled with warning and they rush a shitty ending.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Really enjoyed that, you can tell the influence of lost and I get some Trueblood vibes too

some of the acting is not good, like ‘Sara’ for example

but if they do get a 2nd series maybe we’ll see a bigger budget

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just realised all episodes of this are available via Sky. Weekend binge could be on the cards.

Big Andy

Bloke
Looks really intriguing, but the problem with shows like this, and I have been burned many times, they are cancelled without warning before they are resolved, or the are cancelled with warning and they rush a shitty ending.
I remember getting fully invested in Flashforward and it got canned after 1 season

The Firestarter

Really enjoyed that, you can tell the influence of lost and I get some Trueblood vibes too

some of the acting is not good, like ‘Sara’ for example

but if they do get a 2nd series maybe we’ll see a bigger budget
Tabatha, The father (Jim?) , the kid , are all very annoying.

Big Andy

Bloke
Few episodes in now, liking it so far, but I hope it's not going to leave loads of things unanswered before it gets cancelled (I've read Season 2 has been commissioned though), like why they can't leave, where do they get their water and electricity from, where do all the animals come from, where does that Ellis guy get all his paper and pencils from?

lsd

The Oracle
While I'm enjoying it 6 episodes in it's hard to know who exactly to root for as pretty much everyone is a bit of an asshole

lsd

The Oracle
Wow episode 7 :eek: That is going to take some topping

Big Andy

Bloke
I hope this kid gets fecking eaten, the annoying little cnut.

feck off with your Cromenogle you twat

Big Andy

Bloke
Yeah I'm all for this. I want the little twat to suffer.
Some people in this are thick as mince.

That guy in the house that lets that vampire thing in is fecking idiotic, it’s not like he doesn’t know what happens ffs

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Is the kid that annoying?

I'm sure there were a couple of really annoying kids in the walking dead. I celebrated when they got killed.

The kid in this hasn't reached those levels yet.

Big Andy

Bloke
Is the kid that annoying?

I'm sure there were a couple of really annoying kids in the walking dead. I celebrated when they got killed.

The kid in this hasn't reached those levels yet.
He needs to die, the fecking Cromenogle shagging bellend

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Enjoyable series. They've got the Lost vibes with "Walt's dad", creating more questions than answers (especially that last episode, jesus) and the community of people stranded in an unfamiliar place isolated from home with a foreign threat.

The main family are annoying apart from Julie.

lsd

The Oracle
Really looking forward to this as I enjoyed the first season. Not sure how far they can actually take it but I'll be watching

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
This looks so interesting - anyway for UK viewers to watch?

Big Andy

Bloke
I might have to rewatch series 1 as I can't really remember the ins and outs of it too much

Big Andy

Bloke
Anyone watched this yet? Just watched the first episode of Season 2.

People in this town are fecking stupid, especially that little bellend Ethan and his fecking Cromenockle wank, and the daughter who is fecking idiotic. The mum of that family is a dickhead as well, "SSSHHHHHH" <continues to talk>..."SSSSHHHHH" <Still carries on talking>. Just shut the feck up you stupid bitch.

AaronRedDevil

Thank god. I thought this would be one of those one and done types. Or cancelled. Intriguing story.