Television From - TV Series | Season 2 final episode has aired, beware spoilers

wr8_utd

:'(
Is it just me or has the wife's voice just...changed this year? Something just feels off about how she says certain words.

Also, for those who are up to date

What are the theories floating around for the creepy musical ladies?

Big Andy

Bloke
Is it just me or has the wife's voice just...changed this year? Something just feels off about how she says certain words.

Her accent seems to be more Frenchy this season yes

Big Andy

Bloke
The most worrying thing I’ve seen in this series isn’t the smiley monster, or the ballerina.

it’s the fact that Elgin baths with his clothes on

atkar83

One thing holding the show back is the acting. Some of them are great (Boyd, Jim, Kristi, Kenny, Jade, Victor, Donna) but some are a few notches below, and thats putting it lightly (Julie, Tabitha's accent, Ellis, most of the background characters). Its noticeable more for me since I'm also watching Yellowjackets, and that show has outstanding acting from the kids to the adults for the most part. They really need to thin out this roster, way too many useless characters.

wr8_utd

The most worrying thing I’ve seen in this series isn’t the smiley monster, or the ballerina.

it’s the fact that Elgin baths with his clothes on
Might not be bathing too much longer.

One thing holding the show back is the acting. Some of them are great (Boyd, Jim, Kristi, Kenny, Jade, Victor, Donna) but some are a few notches below, and thats putting it lightly (Julie, Tabitha's accent, Ellis, most of the background characters). Its noticeable more for me since I'm also watching Yellowjackets, and that show has outstanding acting from the kids to the adults for the most part. They really need to thin out this roster, way too many useless characters.
Agreed. A lot of the acting is way below par and I'm hoping the monsters get a good number of the shite actors as soon as possible so we can focus on the core members.

Big Andy

Bloke
Might not be bathing too much longer.
Seen some theories online that Elgin is actually Ellis and Fatimas baby and he's escaped the town once when he was a baby and has now been displaced in time. That ghost woman thing that tried to drown him in the bath was wearing Fatima's dress that she had on all that episode

wr8_utd

Seen some theories online that Elgin is actually Ellis and Fatimas baby and he's escaped the town once when he was a baby and has now been displaced in time. That ghost woman thing that tried to drown him in the bath was wearing Fatima's dress that she had on all that episode
That's...wild. Not quite what to make of it really.

Big Andy

Bloke
Latest Episode (Ep 8) is out now on the usual places.

Hopefully starting to get some answers now.

Someone on Reddit noticed that the bracelet that Victor's mum is wearing is the same one that Tabitha gave to Jim when Julie was born, plenty of theories that Tabitha is actually Victor's sister, although not sure how that works as surely she'd remember things as his sister wasn't that young when she went missing.

Also, why didn't Kenny listen to the message on the phone FFS. IF a phone rings and you hear something, fecking listen to it FFS. It said " They touch, they break, they steal. No one here is free. Here they come, they come for three, unless you stop the melody "

wr8_utd

One thing that is really annoying me is that Episode 8 is where things finally pick up and now we know the season will end soon. If only they'd all gotten off their lazy arses earlier.

wr8_utd

Latest Episode (Ep 8) is out now on the usual places.

Hopefully starting to get some answers now.

Someone on Reddit noticed that the bracelet that Victor's mum is wearing is the same one that Tabitha gave to Jim when Julie was born, plenty of theories that Tabitha is actually Victor's sister, although not sure how that works as surely she'd remember things as his sister wasn't that young when she went missing.

Also, why didn't Kenny listen to the message on the phone FFS. IF a phone rings and you hear something, fecking listen to it FFS. It said " They touch, they break, they steal. No one here is free. Here they come, they come for three, unless you stop the melody "
This was so typically frustrating and what we've come to expect from this show. He had all that time to discuss it with Boyd and not one word. Randall might be a bit nuts but you feel he needs to be closer to the action with Boyd because he'd force people to talk a lot more. Even Boyd isn't always the brightest, Kenny told him early in the episode that something burnt him in his sleep and he wasn't really arsed to consider that it might be important.

I also feel like the next episode will primarily be about what happens in the night after the previous episode ended and someone major will die.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I'm just on season one but she's had about 6 different accents so far and it's pissing me off.

Big Andy

Bloke
This was so typically frustrating and what we've come to expect from this show. He had all that time to discuss it with Boyd and not one word. Randall might be a bit nuts but you feel he needs to be closer to the action with Boyd because he'd force people to talk a lot more. Even Boyd isn't always the brightest, Kenny told him early in the episode that something burnt him in his sleep and he wasn't really arsed to consider that it might be important.

I also feel like the next episode will primarily be about what happens in the night after the previous episode ended and someone major will die.
"Dad, I've got something to tell you."

"OK son, sounds really important, What is it? Oh wait, here's Donna, I'll just ignore you completely and stop our father son conversation and then just completely feck you off. Madness.

@One Night Only YHPM

Big Andy

Bloke
One thing that is really annoying me is that Episode 8 is where things finally pick up and now we know the season will end soon. If only they'd all gotten off their lazy arses earlier.
Season finale will definitely be some sort of big reveal, followed by a super confusing cliffhanger...

Then 3 months later an announcement saying the show has been cancelled...

wr8_utd

Season finale will definitely be some sort of big reveal, followed by a super confusing cliffhanger...

Then 3 months later an announcement saying the show has been cancelled...
If it gets cancelled after they wasted 3-4 episodes this season doing nothing, I'll be quite annoyed. It should alteast end with the two kids dying.

Big Andy

Bloke
If it gets cancelled after they wasted 3-4 episodes this season doing nothing, I'll be quite annoyed. It should alteast end with the two kids dying.
Ethan getting absolutely eviscerated by a Cromenockle.

The Firestarter

If you are going to do a weird ass series at least nail the acting. That was the most terribly acted episode of the entire show. Especially the dont sleep guy.

Apart from this, I wonder if having shit for brains is somehow part of the script.
Yeah why don't you just offer your gun to a total psycho who 10 minutes ago had one of your own friends tied to a tree.
Or, if you are going to remove the gun from someone who has it on the table unloaded with the rounds laying next to it, perhaps jump at it, don't move slowly while repeating "put the gun away" while they have time to load it.

wr8_utd

If you've seen Episode 9

Looks like you might get 1 out of 2 for now
Meh. They'll find a way to save all 3 of the cicada victims. An episode where everyone was finally forced to talk and think Atleast so that's a positive.

wr8_utd

If you are going to do a weird ass series at least nail the acting. That was the most terribly acted episode of the entire show. Especially the dont sleep guy.

Apart from this, I wonder if having shit for brains is somehow part of the script.
Yeah why don't you just offer your gun to a total psycho who 10 minutes ago had one of your own friends tied to a tree.
Or, if you are going to remove the gun from someone who has it on the table unloaded with the rounds laying next to it, perhaps jump at it, don't move slowly while repeating "put the gun away" while they have time to load it.
All of it is for unnecessary dramatic effect :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Thank feck I don't live near any cicadas. Moths are bad enough.
They must be like Billy Witches. Evil things.

Yes that was laughably bad. Last season for me I think.

atkar83

I don't get it, what is their casting department doing? That actor was terrible. Its so weird how they can have a handful of great actors and characters interacting with such dogshite talents. Other shows never have issues with small role actors being this bad. I mean watch any skit of "I think you should leave" and the one time actors are usually fantastic, despite the show being so ridiculious. But the 'From' team can't even find a guy to play scared properly.

I like certain aspects of today's episode, but also some parts that are so mind boggling. Its like most of the characters forget the situation they're in and find anything told to them to be way too crazy to be real

Last edited:

The Firestarter

I don't get it, what is their casting department doing? That actor was terrible. Its so weird how they can have a handful of great actors and characters interacting which such dogshite talents. Other shows never have issues with small role actors being this bad. I mean watch any skit of "I think you should leave" and the one time actors are usually fantastic, despite the show being so ridiculious. But the 'From' team can't even find a guy to play scared properly.

I like certain aspects of today's episode, but also some parts that are so mind boggling. Its like most of the characters forget the situation they're in and find anything told to them to be way too crazy to be real
It makes you root for the cicadas and the weird vampire dudes. Everyone is so annoying. Except Donna, she's alright.

Big Andy

Bloke
Meh. They'll find a way to save all 3 of the cicada victims. An episode where everyone was finally forced to talk and think At least so that's a positive.
I still fail to understand why Boyd didn't immediately say "I've seen the music box" when Kenny mentioned hearing it and then getting burned on his arm, he just completely ignored it, then did his "I gotta go" thing that he does.

Also, you would think that the first thing you would do if you managed to kill one of the vampire things would be to gather the town together and tell them, give them some hope maybe. And instead of being a dick to Victor, maybe just try talking to the guy as he seems to have managed to survive there for fecking years.

I'm sure you are right, the three Cicada victims will be saved somehow, and then we'll get a massive cliffhanger at the end and then will have to wait a year to find out.

wr8_utd

I still fail to understand why Boyd didn't immediately say "I've seen the music box" when Kenny mentioned hearing it and then getting burned on his arm, he just completely ignored it, then did his "I gotta go" thing that he does.

Also, you would think that the first thing you would do if you managed to kill one of the vampire things would be to gather the town together and tell them, give them some hope maybe. And instead of being a dick to Victor, maybe just try talking to the guy as he seems to have managed to survive there for fecking years.

I'm sure you are right, the three Cicada victims will be saved somehow, and then we'll get a massive cliffhanger at the end and then will have to wait a year to find out.
The lack of discussion about the musical boxes, the weird dancing women and the various dreams is bizarre. I think by now I've kind of given up on there being any sort of collaborative effort when it comes to the townsfolk.

Victor is rather difficult to deal with though and I don't see anyone patient enough to get any useful information out of him.

atkar83

It makes you root for the cicadas and the weird vampire dudes. Everyone is so annoying. Except Donna, she's alright.
You could lose most of the kids and everyone at the colony house except Donna and the show wouldn't miss a beat. Boyd's son seems like he should be in a soap opera, I don't understand what his character is supposed to be. His fiance isn't much better.

I want to love this show but these characters make it so hard to recommend to others.

Big Andy

Bloke
You could lose most of the kids and everyone at the colony house except Donna and the show wouldn't miss a beat. Boyd's son seems like he should be in a soap opera, I don't understand what his character is supposed to be. His fiance isn't much better.

I want to love this show but these characters make it so hard to recommend to others.
The first episode drags you in. And from there you want to see how it ends, no matter how infuriating it can be at times. It's a good solid mystery series though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ep9 was pants. Sarah wooden actress, new shit actor guy, and shit can’t sleep actor guy ruined it for me. It’s like they can only afford to get a couple of decent actors. Shame because this could have been up there with lost had there been better budget

Big Andy

Bloke
Ep9 was pants. Sarah wooden actress, new shit actor guy, and shit can’t sleep actor guy ruined it for me. It’s like they can only afford to get a couple of decent actors. Shame because this could have been up there with lost had there been better budget
Made me laugh how two characters gave arguably the most unhinged/murderous characters a loaded gun, willingly.