Television From - TV Series | Season 2 final episode has aired, beware spoilers

Spoony

The People's President
I just want it to end. Just tell me what's going on. It's becoming more than a tad moronic...and I'm not sure whether I can be arsed with a third season.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I just want to it to end. Just tell me what's going on. It's becoming more than tad moronic...and I'm not sure whether I can be arsed with a third season.
Aye, it's just introducing more mysteries that make feck all sense and not answering and question what so ever.

Characters change personalities all the time too, it's ridiculous.

Fatima and her fella are feckin annoying.
Kristi and her Mrs are feckin annoying.

Victor, and Donna is the only redeeming quality anymore. Actually Kenny is ok too.

Why does everyone take like 24 days to tell someone else something important?

We will probably see the lighthouse again in the final ep, then never see it again until final of s3.

Bert_

I just want it to end. Just tell me what's going on. It's becoming more than a tad moronic...and I'm not sure whether I can be arsed with a third season.
It's Lost all over again. Fitting that the main guy was in both shows.

wr8_utd

:'(
Aye, it's just introducing more mysteries that make feck all sense and not answering and question what so ever.

Characters change personalities all the time too, it's ridiculous.

Fatima and her fella are feckin annoying.
Kristi and her Mrs are feckin annoying.

Victor, and Donna is the only redeeming quality anymore. Actually Kenny is ok too.

Why does everyone take like 24 days to tell someone else something important?

We will probably see the lighthouse again in the final ep, then never see it again until final of s3.
I think the "tower" being referenced multiple times where the children need to be saved is probably the lighthouse. I could be wrong though.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think the "tower" being referenced multiple times where the children need to be saved is probably the lighthouse. I could be wrong though.
I agree, it definitely is. When you see the drawing of the tower, it has yellow across the top part of the tower extending to edge of the paper, which would be how a kid would draw the lighthouse light.

wr8_utd

The Finale is available on all those awful places on the Internet. Please do report it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Was slightly surprised they actually went as far as showing Tabitha in the lighthouse and the aftermath. Kind of guessed what would happen and now there's major Lost vibes where I imagine she'll be like "I have to go back [to Fromville]". I think Eloise (Victor's sister) made it through the tree and next season will be split between Fromville and where Tabitha is now.

wr8_utd

Finally an episode with something significant happening.

Was slightly surprised they actually went as far as showing Tabitha in the lighthouse and the aftermath. Kind of guessed what would happen and now there's major Lost vibes where I imagine she'll be like "I have to go back [to Fromville]". I think Eloise (Victor's sister) made it through the tree and next season will be split between Fromville and where Tabitha is now.
The lighthouse showing up didn't surprise me at all tbh as they'd given us enough hints about it through that tower they kept referencing all season. As for making it through the tree and lighthouse, I wonder what happened to Victor's mother now when she did go through. Didn't Victor say he'd come across her body in the forest? Wonder what differentiates that from what happened to Tabitha? Also, not sure the White Kid is helpful anymore. He seems to have pushed her into the real world to get her out of Fromville?

Also, one strange thing I noticed when watching Tabitha in the hospital room was that her reflection in the window looked a bit off. However, I thought I'm reading too much into it but then I read a review which mentioned the same thing. That's..interesting.

The Firestarter

Halfway the ep I was swearing I was done with Twat Peaks. The last scenes somehow opened the possibility for the third season to be a bit more interesting. If it doesn't get canceled, which I think is pretty likely. The acting is just unbelievably insufferable.

wr8_utd

Halfway the ep I was swearing I was done with Twat Peaks. The last scenes somehow opened the possibility for the third season to be a bit more interesting. If it doesn't get canceled, which I think is pretty likely. The acting is just unbelievably insufferable.
Nothing official on it yet but strong rumors that it has been renewed for a third season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Finally an episode with something significant happening.

The lighthouse showing up didn't surprise me at all tbh as they'd given us enough hints about it through that tower they kept referencing all season. As for making it through the tree and lighthouse, I wonder what happened to Victor's mother now when she did go through. Didn't Victor say he'd come across her body in the forest? Wonder what differentiates that from what happened to Tabitha? Also, not sure the White Kid is helpful anymore. He seems to have pushed her into the real world to get her out of Fromville?

Also, one strange thing I noticed when watching Tabitha in the hospital room was that her reflection in the window looked a bit off. However, I thought I'm reading too much into it but then I read a review which mentioned the same thing. That's..interesting.

I'm thinking Victor's sister caught up with their mother, the mother pushed her through the tree and the mother died before she could get through too, possibly by a From monster attack or something.

The Firestarter

That guy who Boyd first met chained to the wall, who gave him the cicadas. Was he in a catatonic state somewhere around fromtown?Must have survived without food or water for decades

Big Andy

Bloke
Decent ending to the series, with MORE questions and not many answers :lol:

I really enjoy this series, because of the unanswered questions tbh, it's like Lost when it first aired and nobody knew what the feck as going on, it made it more interesting not knowing.

I agree with @Damien about Victor's sister being in the real world, and she'll find Tabitha and they'll try to go back to Fromville.

They've not answered the symbol mystery, other than it looking like the roots from below and what looked like a ritual sacrifice of the "Angkhooey" kids which might have kickstarted the Fromville loop. I just hope we actually get answers before it gets canned, but I'm hoping that as it's not on Netflix, it will get to finish it's story.

wr8_utd

Decent ending to the series, with MORE questions and not many answers :lol:

I really enjoy this series, because of the unanswered questions tbh, it's like Lost when it first aired and nobody knew what the feck as going on, it made it more interesting not knowing.

I agree with @Damien about Victor's sister being in the real world, and she'll find Tabitha and they'll try to go back to Fromville.

They've not answered the symbol mystery, other than it looking like the roots from below and what looked like a ritual sacrifice of the "Angkhooey" kids which might have kickstarted the Fromville loop. I just hope we actually get answers before it gets canned, but I'm hoping that as it's not on Netflix, it will get to finish it's story.
So you don't believe in the theories about Tabitha being Victor's sister based on them wearing a similar bracelet? Also if you see my earlier post, did you also notice Tabitha's reflection in the hospital window and that it did not look like her? She seemed more blonde.

Big Andy

Bloke
So you don't believe in the theories about Tabitha being Victor's sister based on them wearing a similar bracelet? Also if you see my earlier post, did you also notice Tabitha's reflection in the hospital window and that it did not look like her? She seemed more blonde.
I dont know what I believe tbh with you. It's a mind bender.

atkar83

I like the show, although I complain a lot about it here, but its just because the annoying things are sooo annoying

- I don't think anyone watching this show is invested in or cares about the wedding. Those two characters are so bland. They're not even bad actors, its just like they're made for daytime dramas and not a show like this. The whole house they're in should just blow up and leave Donna alive. Even when Boyd showed up for the wedding, it seemed like he didn't belong there because everything on the show is so different tone wise than that boring couple
- No (important) deaths in this episode...way too safe for a roster of actors this bloated. Too many characters have nothing to do on this show other than worry about someone else
- I usually don't comment on the appearance of women in shows but my god Kristi has the worst hairstyle I've ever seen. It was even woven into the storyline when she cut her own hair. What does she have that hair? Is it a wig because another role had her get shorter hair?
- I'm assuming the silver bullets didn't work because there were no dead monsters in the vicinity?
- The screaming was really annoying in this episode. Julie isn't a good actress and shes not much better at screaming.
- The one jump scare with Jade underground was cheap. Do better 'From'

I don't want this show to get cancelled, I would watch a third season, but its a balancing act. If they for example have 5-6 seasons worth of story, get to it faster, but don't speed through it because you don't think you'll get a 4th season, otherwise you get seasons 7-8 of GoT (bad example, but just to show how going through a lot of story in a limited amount of time never works)

Tarrou

i feel like there are dozens of trashy US sci-fi shows like this

interesting premise, fun for a while and then it slowly transpires that the writers are just making up shit as they go with no coherent plan as to what's happening

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah I think we're gonna bail after that season. The first 90% of that finale was excruciating melodrama b level soap opera shit and then annoyingly it did something at the end to almost make me think "oh now I want to see what's gonna happen with that in season 3" but yeah I doubt I will.

I like the show, although I complain a lot about it here, but its just because the annoying things are sooo annoying

- I don't think anyone watching this show is invested in or cares about the wedding. Those two characters are so bland. They're not even bad actors, its just like they're made for daytime dramas and not a show like this. The whole house they're in should just blow up and leave Donna alive. Even when Boyd showed up for the wedding, it seemed like he didn't belong there because everything on the show is so different tone wise than that boring couple
- No (important) deaths in this episode...way too safe for a roster of actors this bloated. Too many characters have nothing to do on this show other than worry about someone else
- I usually don't comment on the appearance of women in shows but my god Kristi has the worst hairstyle I've ever seen. It was even woven into the storyline when she cut her own hair. What does she have that hair? Is it a wig because another role had her get shorter hair?
- I'm assuming the silver bullets didn't work because there were no dead monsters in the vicinity?
- The screaming was really annoying in this episode. Julie isn't a good actress and shes not much better at screaming.
- The one jump scare with Jade underground was cheap. Do better 'From'

I don't want this show to get cancelled, I would watch a third season, but its a balancing act. If they for example have 5-6 seasons worth of story, get to it faster, but don't speed through it because you don't think you'll get a 4th season, otherwise you get seasons 7-8 of GoT (bad example, but just to show how going through a lot of story in a limited amount of time never works)

Agree with all your spoiler points there especially the first one.

ben_united

This could also explain why Jade was surprised with how quickly Tabitha recognised Victor from the photo he showed her. Doubt it though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I can't believe none of you've cried during the what's-his-name and what's-her-name wedding. Heartless bastards.

wr8_utd

Just how many times will people in this town let unhinged people roam free? Even in the finale they let that guy out and he goes around shooting people.

I can't believe none of you've cried during the what's-his-name and what's-her-name wedding. Heartless bastards.
Wish he'd have just let her walk through the door during the night when she'd wanted to.

This could also explain why Jade was surprised with how quickly Tabitha recognised Victor from the photo he showed her. Doubt it though.
Even I have my doubts but it is on the popular theories I've seen at a couple of places.

Yeah I think we're gonna bail after that season. The first 90% of that finale was excruciating melodrama b level soap opera shit and then annoyingly it did something at the end to almost make me think "oh now I want to see what's gonna happen with that in season 3" but yeah I doubt I will.

Agree with all your spoiler points there especially the first one.
I hope they actually kick off from there for a change but I have my doubts. And this was yet ANOTHER episode where everyone just does their own shit and no one talks to each other. You have 3 people going off on 3 tasks on their own when you have an entire town full of people doing nothing but attending weddings.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I hope they actually kick off from there for a change but I have my doubts. And this was yet ANOTHER episode where everyone just does their own shit and no one talks to each other. You have 3 people going off on 3 tasks on their own when you have an entire town full of people doing nothing but attending weddings.

Yep this was just abysmal writing. It's been called out for this consistently but reached the apex of feck wittery in this one.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Just how many times will people in this town let unhinged people roam free? Even in the finale they let that guy out and he goes around shooting people.

Wish he'd have just let her walk through the door during the night when she'd wanted to.

Even I have my doubts but it is on the popular theories I've seen at a couple of places.

It’s especially galling as the moment he arrives into town in S1, he sorts all their shit out, gets a system in place for survival. Then they all just forget it all.

They could write in mistakes or malice to move the plot along. Abject Stupidity is so low energy and doesn’t bode well for future seasons.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm glad I waited for the season to end before watching, the first 5 episodes it was like nothing happened.

The last 5 were decent but it feels like they've made far less progress as a collective compared to last season.

I really hope it gets renewed, I'm down for mystery and weirdness

Big Andy

Bloke
I’ve decided to rewatch Season 1 and it’s so much better than Season 2. Loads more happens and it’s all in such a short space of time

wr8_utd

I’ve decided to rewatch Season 1 and it’s so much better than Season 2. Loads more happens and it’s all in such a short space of time
They really did waste almost half a season this time around with a lot of pointless stuff that could have been edited out. I'm just glad this season didn't end with another busload of people entering the town.

The Firestarter

They really did waste almost half a season this time around with a lot of pointless stuff that could have been edited out. I'm just glad this season didn't end with another busload of people entering the town.
Nah, do you think they are that dumb??

it would have been an airplane crash landing

Selbourne

Really been wanting to love the show and for it to fufill the Lost itch in me but it's been too flawed, espescially after this season.

The acting and writing has been shite, Tabitha (changing accents) and especially Sara to me. I do feel the writing has done all the cast somewhat dirty but those two are inexcusable to me. Side characters aren't that compelling, I do like some characters though, like Donna and Jade but even they are getting really one dimensional. There just isn't enough compelling people in it tbh and when there's slow episodes, it really shows.

Their saving grace has been that they've still made their mystery so theorised and intriguing. I'm really hoping in the end it isn't just some ass pull. Hope they've had an idea in mind since season 1 and not changed it despite the amount of theories that's happened

Spoony

The People's President
I've quit the show. I can't be arsed with the nonsensical mysteries.I'm sure they'll all wake up bizarrely interlinked with each other. Eventually.

Great wedding mind. I hope there's even more daytime soap opera shite next season.

Big Andy

Bloke
I've quit the show. I can't be arsed with the nonsensical mysteries.I'm sure they'll all wake up bizarrely interlinked with each other. Eventually.

Great wedding mind. I hope there's even more daytime soap opera shite next season.
If they "lost" it, I'd be really unhappy. Like they all actually did get lost in Fromville, but then they all died, and getting out is them all meeting up in the afterlife. I'm too invested in the mystery to give it up now though. I want to know what happens.

Spoony

The People's President
If they "lost" it, I'd be really unhappy. Like they all actually did get lost in Fromville, but then they all died, and getting out is them all meeting up in the afterlife. I'm too invested in the mystery to give it up now though. I want to know what happens.

They've got the same producers, so it could go all Lost, especially of it carries on for a few more seasons. But yeah I'd love know what the mystery is, but I can't hack anymore of it!

wr8_utd

They've got the same producers, so it could go all Lost, especially of it carries on for a few more seasons. But yeah I'd love know what the mystery is, but I can't hack anymore of it!
Won't you miss the weddings and pregnancies which will constitute 2-3 episodes next season?

The Firestarter

Why, oh why didn't I know this before even starting this...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I only watch it cos it's one of the only things I watch with the Mrs :lol: it's middle ground of intriguing and shit. She usually watches shit, I usually watch intriguing things

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wedding - shite and pointless filler.

Boyd keeps changing personalities.

Writers haven't got a clue what they're doing, explain everything with visions or voices in people's heads. There are no rules.

Dude getting the shotgun and going after boyd was pathetic.

Had some intriguing stuff again but nothing special.

100% victors sister is alive and in the real world where she will meet Tabitha through Tabitha searching for people who have been to from fromville, probably find his sister in an asylum or something. Her mam pushed her through the tree before she was killed.

Kristis haircut is up there with the worst in TV history.

Last edited: