Front 3 now sorted?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Looked the most potent we've been all season - is that the frontline to settle on?

The pace of them as a unit definitely adds an edge we've not carried for a long time.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rashford won't like playing on the right and he's usually very very ineffective there.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It was Copenhagen and we just have to wait before Rashford starts throwing tantrums for playing on the RW.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looked the most potent we've been all season - is that the frontline to settle on?

The pace of them as a unit definitely adds an edge we've not carried for a long time.
Yeah. I've been hoping to see Rashford played on the right. He'll have to make sure he's doing his job out of possession, but it's a team that can break at lightning speed and he should have more to his game in finding Hojlund from the wide position.

Skills

Snitch
Sure why not. What have we got to lose at this point.

They've got more talent and ability than the others (well apart from Sancho, but we've burnt that bridge).

Irwin99

Not convinced. Garnacho worked really hard but nothing much else was coming off for him and Rashford was pretty anonymous before the red card.

Hojlund though :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Once Garnacho develops and Rashford is replaced - maybe.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why does this fanbase love dealing in utter extremes? 40 minutes against Copenhagen, one of the front 3 gets sent off, we end up losing the game and apparently front 3 is now sorted for the unforeseeable future.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Front 1, maybe. The others? What did they do?

KeanoMagicHat

Hardly, Rashford wasn’t that good anyway on the right then got sent off. He benefited from not being Antony but that was about it.

Superunknown

I like Hojlund in the middle with Bruno behind him, and I like Garnacho on the left. Right spot is up for grabs, as is the two spots behind Bruno. In fact, everything behind Bruno is replaceable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wanted to see this as the front 3 for ages, it's by far the best option we can put out and the best for the team. Problem is Rashford is out vs Galatasaray now...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rashford won't like playing on the right and he's usually very very ineffective there.
He's looked very, very ineffective on the left most of the season. Gave a good balance tonight in my book. He and Garnacho can always swap from time to time to mix things up, and Hojlund can even drop deeper and let Rashford run beyond too.

I'm not of the view that you should play your best players out of position if it can be avoided but Rashford needs to prove he's one of our best players again before I worry about it.

Von Mistelroum

Replace Rashford with... Well we don't have many options but anyone except Antony and that's the best we can do I think.

Apokalips

Why does this fanbase love dealing in utter extremes? 40 minutes against Copenhagen, one of the front 3 gets sent off, we end up losing the game and apparently front 3 is now sorted for the unforeseeable future.
Sometimes I wonder if there are opposition fans making topics like this for jokes.

Even if all 3 of them scored a hat trick today, why would we be thinking we are sorted? Bit premature after one game and that is before looking at the fact that in real life Garnacho and Rashford didn't even play particularly well anyway.

The standards need to raise massively at this club.

ThemanGiggsy

Rashford is best on the left. Garnacho is best on the left. Rashford is better than Garnacho, so i am not sure why we move one of our best players out of his best position.

same when he puts Bruno on the wing.

leave your best players in their best positions.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's sorted, by default.

Antony is one of the club's worst ever signings. Martial is finished and Sancho is exiled.

Hojlund, Garnacho and Rashford is what we have to work with.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think Hojlund and Garnacho, but Rashford was pretty poor and the only time he tracked back, he managed to get himself sent off.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I like Hojlund in the middle with Bruno behind him, and I like Garnacho on the left. Right spot is up for grabs, as is the two spots behind Bruno. In fact, everything behind Bruno is replaceable.
Including Onana. Not a very good goal-keeper. Unfortunately.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sometimes I wonder if there are opposition fans making topics like this for jokes.

Even if all 3 of them scored a hat trick today, why would we be thinking we are sorted? Bit premature after one game and that is before looking at the fact that in real life Garnacho and Rashford didn't even play particularly well anyway.

The standards need to raise massively at this club.
Because relativity. Didn't play particularly well... contrasted to what has been served up by Antony/Bruno on the right and Rashford on the left, is the question.

Aside from Amad, there's not much to be done with what we have, unless something happens in January, or some youngster from the academy suddenly turns into the second coming of George Best.

We actually looked like we carried a threat across the frontline. Has that been the case in any other game this season?

Paul778

Rashford looks as one footed as Anthony when he plays on the right and offers very very little. Seems to find it really hard to turn on the ball and often ends up having to go back the way he's facing
That's cos he doesn't want to go to the outside. How does he score from there? All he can do is play someone in from there and that isn't his gig

davidmichael

No one should give a feck whether Rashford likes it or not as he’s been fecking horrific on the left all season so if playing on the right by default of every other option so far this season being equally as bad then Rashford should be fecking thankful.

With Garnacho on the left we have a genuine outlet of wide left and someone who’s direct, Garnacho and Hojlund look like a very good combination and with Rashford being a decent crosser it may mean Rashford putting the ball in early playing from the right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That front three was the most threatening I've seen this season, so far.

AndyMUFC

I don't particularly like Rashford on the right normally but if has to play, this front 3 is our best bet for a run of games in the league.

flameinthesun

You could pretty much tell from the first minute he was in a huff....then again that's been default Rashford for awhile now.

Definitely think Garnacho deserves a run on that left wing so it should be Garnacho - Rasmus - +1

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Rashford top goalscorer last season from LW, now trying to play him into form on the RW. That alone just seems bonkers to me. And it's not as though Garnacho is lighting the place up or posing much threat. I think I'd swap them around (if it was to be those three) as Garnacho can do the same job on the right, yet Rashford won't score much from the right.

By having them this way round you're just reducing the goal threat.

Houdini

Problem is Rashford and Garnacho are competin for the same LW place. No way Rashford will play RW long term and he is out of form. Probably Pelllistri a RW but again Rashford won't be happy to sit on the bench. He is unfroppable so he better find his form asap.

TheLord

The knee-jerk reaction is startling. The team that has a negative goal difference in the PL after 11 matches (don't remember when that last happened!) suddenly scores a few goals in a losing match against a 'nothing' side and the fanbase already thinks that the team's goalscoring woes are over!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The knee-jerk reaction is startling. The team that has a negative goal difference in the PL after 11 matches (don't remember when that last happened!) suddenly scores a few goals in a losing match against a 'nothing' side and the fanbase already thinks that the team's goalscoring woes are over!
It seems irony is lost on you, good sir.

lex talionis

Not quite sorted, but if Rashy is willing to perform at top gear at RW this may be it. But I wouldn’t object to Garnacho at RW.

We do know, in case there’s any lingering doubt, that Antony is a failed project and should be sold to a Saudi club if humanly possible. Most of us love Pellistri’s industry, but he doesn’t face the toolkit Rashy has.

Still waiting to see what Amad is all about. Based on the few snippets we’ve seen of him, he looks a potentially more complete and more intelligent footballer than Rashy.

AnotherLondonManc

I think Garnacho on the right would be a fine idea. He often likes to take players on the outside before a cross or a shot so no harm in doing that on his right foot.

As far as the personnel, it has to be those three, surely. At the very least, all 3 of them have electric pace and can play effectively in transition. And at the very most, none of them are call Anthony/Antony