Television Funniest single episode of a sitcom ever

Camilo

Peep Show - Wedding. I'm laughing just thinking of it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
funniest for me, fawlty towers, the episode with the women and her hearing aid. Not because its funny, but the best sitcom episode for me is blackadder, when they finally go over the top, Chokes me every single time.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The episode from Flight of the Conchords where they get mugged is pretty fantastic.
I never liked the "Darkest Timeline" episode. I always thought it was the beginning of the show's decline. Season three introduced Inspector Spacetime and Abed suddenly got too weird. I didn't care for these things.

Arrested Development is a weird one. It's the best sitcom of all time in my opinion – even seasons four and five are decent. But I struggle to name a standout episode. They were all consistently brillant. Maybe the one where Tobias breaks into the not-so-blind chick's house?
I think it's because a lot of the comedy in Arrested Development runs across episodes instead of being confined within them, if that makes sense.

Deery

Dreary
Peter Kay’s Car share: when the monkey pisses in his mouth.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
An honorable mention must go to I'm Alan Partridge - To Kill a Mocking Alan (the one with the Irish producers)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Had this debate at work last week and thought it would make for a good discussion here, as the title suggests, what is the funniest single episode of a sitcom in your opinion and why?

I will start with Cigarettes, Alcohol and Rollerblading - Father Ted. As a very lapsed Catholic, I remember some of the odd behaviours during lent and this episode captured all that in the most hilarious manner.
Same sitcom but I’d go with the Pat Mustard episode where Dougal replicates the film Speed on the milk float. Genius.

Last edited:

Oldyella

The episode from Flight of the Conchords where they get mugged is pretty fantastic.

I think it's because a lot of the comedy in Arrested Development runs across episodes instead of being confined within them, if that makes sense.
Good call on FOTC

djembatheking

Blackadder goes forth - Major Star when Melchett falls in love with Georgina

Red Dwarf - Back to Reality - Duane Dibbley

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Miranda - the one where she falls over and then gets up again really quickly and the audience laugh
Mrs Browns Boys - the one where Mrs Brown makes a sordid innuendo before going “ooooohh” and then the audience laugh at it

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can’t find a clip of it but I remember having to pause Peep Show during this bit the first time I watched it. Just couldn’t stop laughing.

“Did you try and get me sectioned?” :lol: